Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:03 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by Airwalk007
Has anyone ever booked for a third person with their MeliaRewards account? Are there any problems with check-in? I would like to use the 20% discount for a relative ...
I understand that once logged in, all bookings are registered on the account holder's name...
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Any way to summarize the activities that would actually prolong the validity of your points with this program? I struggle with Melia Rewards a bit, but I think in the light of the endless devaluations of the other programs this one deserves a shade more attention.

Another thing I have been unable to master is what the situation is with Tryp hotels in Germany. Do they participate in Meliá Rewards or not?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Random question...has anyone used the online check in feature within the app? I am wondering whether it is worth it (especially as it will give us 1000 points if we choose to) but I do not want to prejudice any potential room upgrades (I am Melia gold). Any experiences?

Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
In most places, the online checkin doesn't really do very much with Melia, since they almost always still want to see and scan your passports (even though you entered the details online), and still want to swipe your credit card (ditto), and usually need to encode the key cards.

Upgrades aren't as common with Melia as with some chains, and I can't say I've noticed much difference on Melia Gold upgrades whether I've remembered to checkin online for the 1k points or not. Unlike, say Hilton, you can't pick your room from the hotel room plan with Melia, so I don't think it locks in a particular room.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Hi Please advise can I transfer Melia Rewards to Miles n More . If Yes, what ratio it can be done. Thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by raji
Hi Please advise can I transfer Melia Rewards to Miles n More . If Yes, what ratio it can be done. Thank you.
IIRC it's 6:1. Not good value any more...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
It's ......, but with Platinum status (14 points per $/€) and if you pay with a M&M credit card, that gives you at least 3.33 miles per $/€ spent, which isn't that bad.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Thank You
Old May 2, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
How long does it usually take for points to post after a stay?
Old May 2, 2019, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
How long does it usually take for points to post after a stay?
7 days is usual.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It looks like the buy miles feature has come back to Melia Rewards. It was possible to buy 1,000 for €5 and upwards in 5 Euro increments when I looked at my account last night. This is very useful for helping to extend points validity.
dumba likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Hey @Concerto, thank you so much for such useful info! I was actually looking to buy some Melia Rewards points in order to book a hotel in London, but thought it was only possible by purchasing Melia Rewards Gift Cards on Amazon. Great to see the usual way to get points is working again! Although the new design of Melia website is quite confusing...

Last edited by dumba; May 19, 2019 at 11:51 am Reason: Fixing BB code
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:30 am

Do anyone know the maximum points that we can buy per year?
I saw that in the transaction in this page - https://www.melia.com/en/mymeliarewa...rar-puntos.htm
The max points we can buy per transaction is 150000 now.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to let you know that the Buy Points feature seems to have gone funny again. If it appears inaccessible in English, change the page to Spanish. It seems to work there, but I did not go all the way through the process to find out if you could really conclude a purchase.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Impossible to purchase points, just to prolong the life of my existing points and avoid expiry. Well, not quite...
The system asks me to input my passport details before proceeding with the purchase, saying something like "error, these details are already in your account". So the only way to push the purchase through was to choose Afghanistan as your passport (because it is annoyingly the first country that shows every time) and input some made up number. And through it went, no problems. What a cluster all IT is, not just this.
janwillem likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.