Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Old Sep 1, 17, 5:15 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Melia redemption rates

Hi @SunshineStay,

OK, let's see if the tagging will work! Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Now I see what you mean and totally agree with you... With Melia you never know how much your redemption will cost, because, I guess, it's tied to cash rates and availability. But isn't Hilton doing the same now, after the program revamp? I am not a heavy Hilton user, but I read somewhere that since the recent program update they introduced similar thing.
Anyway, I hope that with the hotel network expansion, MeliaRewards will also evolve and will get better.

Originally Posted by SunshineStay View Post
Hi @dumba,

just put an "@" in front of the username and the user is tagged.

What I mean with "plannable" is that redemption rates fluctuate together with the normal rates. This is different from other loyalty programs at chains like Marriott, Starwood or Hilton, where you know beforehand that a standard room will cost a fixed amount of points. That makes points redemption much more of a gamble than with other more established programs.
Old Sep 1, 17, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Ambassador, Melia Platinum, IB Gold, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by dumba View Post
Hi @SunshineStay,

OK, let's see if the tagging will work! Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Now I see what you mean and totally agree with you... With Melia you never know how much your redemption will cost, because, I guess, it's tied to cash rates and availability. But isn't Hilton doing the same now, after the program revamp? I am not a heavy Hilton user, but I read somewhere that since the recent program update they introduced similar thing.
Anyway, I hope that with the hotel network expansion, MeliaRewards will also evolve and will get better.
I had a look at it some time ago, it seemed like the point redemption is tied to best flex rate. Point value for hotel rooms were approx €0.0035, marginally better than amazon gift cards.
One caveat is that if you have a 20% off code, which you get as gold/platinum, straight point redemption doesn't take the discount code into account, but C&P bookings do.
Old Oct 30, 17, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I would like to stay at a Melia hotel for one night in January.
I signed up for Melia Rewards a few days ago, so my status is currently "White," but I've applied for the Amex Platinum offer that would give me free Gold status whenever that application has been processed.

The Melia rate at that property 465 USD is, whilst Amoma/Otel are selling rooms for 275 USD.
I've contacted the hotel directly (apparently the Melia BRG is even more of a joke than IHG's, they never approve claims) and they offered a rate of 300 USD.

I've also read that once you reach the Gold level, you get a 20% discount voucher - but I guess that would only be applicable to the official rate offered on the Melia website?

As the Gold benefits seem quite limited and I don't see myself staying at Melia more often in the future, do you think there is any point in booking for 300 USD instead of 275 USD through Amoma? Or should I wait until my status has been upgraded to Gold?

Such a weird program...
Old Nov 12, 17, 7:00 am

20% off vouchers

I have a 20% off voucher left from achieving platinum status that is due to expire on 31.12.17. Would I be able to use this voucher for a stay in 2018 if I book before they expire or would I need to complete the stay by 31.12.17?
Old Feb 18, 18, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Points Surfer View Post
Letting mine expire so not sure and have not heard anything. Points never post from Cuba so not really an incentive for me anymore
As a recent data point... Rewards Points / Avios still do not post from Cuba stays (January 2018). When I contacted Melia Rewards, they said the only exception is a property in Havana, and the rest do not.
Old Apr 13, 18, 7:24 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I tried to transfer the 2000 bonus points you get when you register (mine will expire soon...), but get the error "CARD THAT GIVE POINTS, MUST HAVE SOME NOT BONUS MOVEMENT"
Does this mean I cannot transfer these 2000 points, or I can transfer if I have some other income? Would a purchase via the shopping portal count, or they are also considered "bonus"?
Thanks
Old Apr 13, 18, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
I tried to transfer the 2000 bonus points you get when you register (mine will expire soon...), but get the error "CARD THAT GIVE POINTS, MUST HAVE SOME NOT BONUS MOVEMENT"
Does this mean I cannot transfer these 2000 points, or I can transfer if I have some other income? Would a purchase via the shopping portal count, or they are also considered "bonus"?
Thanks
No, you can't transfer promotional points.
dumba likes this.
Old Apr 25, 18, 5:13 am

I agree with @piblo you can't transfer promo points. But if you earn more points, I think it will convert all your balance into 'transferable'. You might also be able to convert some Amex MR points into Melia. Or indeed, as you mentioned, get some points from a shopping portal.
Old Oct 3, 18, 9:11 am

Getting Priority Pass

Hi. I've recently become platinum Melia status but I can't find much information on how I get the lounge priority pass? Thanks for any assistance.
Old Oct 3, 18, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer View Post
Hi. I've recently become platinum Melia status but I can't find much information on how I get the lounge priority pass? Thanks for any assistance.
You should receive a Priority Pasa card at home.
Old Oct 3, 18, 10:16 am

Thanks. How long after reaching Platinum should it take to get this pass? Also is this valid for me and my partner if traveling together? If we both use the lounge once together, is that the two occasions used or do we get a further occasion to use it?
Old Oct 3, 18, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer View Post
Thanks. How long after reaching Platinum should it take to get this pass? Also is this valid for me and my partner if traveling together? If we both use the lounge once together, is that the two occasions used or do we get a further occasion to use it?
In my case it took 2 or 3 weeks to send me to the card, you can ask it in the facebook profile of meliarewards. It is valid only for 2 passes to vip lounges per year, if you are traveling with your partner it will be worth just for one visit.
Old Oct 4, 18, 8:25 am

In my case too it took about 1 month after I reached Platinum. For your birthday you will get a choice of four (or five?) 20% off codes or 2 extra lounge passes. If you choose lounge passes, they will be automatically loaded into your PP card. So in total you will get 4 lounge passes per year.
Old Oct 4, 18, 9:06 am

Thanks for the information
Old Oct 16, 18, 2:03 pm

I'm relatively new to Melia, having entered the scheme at gold level thanks to Amex platinum back in July. My account shows three 20% discount vouchers, but if I follow the link to use one, it declares that the code is expired... how long are these meant to be valid for post signup / reaching gold?

Search this Thread