Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:28 am

I had an email from Melia offering 10000 points on my next stay. I booked and stayed according to the terms but no points showed up.

I submitted a missing points request and got an automated acknowledgement, but then nothing.

I just went to hunt around their website to find how to contact them and came across a record of my enquiry with, 6 weeks later, a response from them, asking me to send them the original offer email.

I didn't get any notification, no email, so I had no idea they had replied.

Their reply was 3 weeks ago and they have changed the status of the enquiry to closed.

This is dreadful service and losing 10000 points is significant.

Does anyone have any similar experience with this promo or with Melia Rewards customer service?

Can anyone point me at a suitable point of contact at Melia where I can raise a complaint and pursue my 10k points?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Hi todderz,
Sorry to disappoint, but seems like you got the terms of the promotion wrong: Melia doesn't give you the points after you make a booking, it gives you points FOR booking.
According to promotion's T&C, you need to book 5+ nights at any room (excluding basic, single, standard and standard with a supplement) at one of participating hotels (see below) during 11/07/2017 - 29/08/2017 and stay until 30/09/2017. Here is the page for the promotion with T&C (only in Spanish): https://www.melia.com/es/landings/verano-2017/home.htm
Once you choose all of the above, you have to click 'Points+Money' option. Then your available points balance should show 10,000 points more than you have. That will take some money off the final price.
Also please keep in mind that only the following hotels take part in this promotion:
Melia Villaitana
Melia Atlanterra
Sol Principe
Melia Alicante
Melia Sancti Petri
Gran Melia Palacio De Isora
Sol House Ibiza Mixed By Ibiza Rocks
Melia Benidorm
Sol House Costa Del Sol Mixed By Ibz R
Tryp Cadiz La Caleta
Melia White House
Me Ibiza
Melia Castilla
Melia Jardines Del Teide
Melia Calvia Beach
Melia Valencia
Melia Cala Galdana - Menorca
Sol Costablanca
Melia Marbella Banus
Tryp Valencia Oceanic
Tryp Madrid Gran Via
Melia Berlin
Tryp Palma Bellver
Innside Palma Bosque
Tryp Merida Medea
Melia Barajas
Sol Timor Aptos.
Tryp San Sebastian Orly
Melia Lebreros
Me Miami
Paradisus Punta Cana
Gran Melia Nacional Rio
Gran Melia Jakarta

Can you re-book your stay to take advantage of this promotion?

Last edited by dumba; Jul 17, 2017 at 4:37 am Reason: Added link promotion's webpage.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:29 am

Nope, that looks like a completely different promotion.

Mine was back in March via a targeted email and the offer was:

"A warm welcome of 10.000 points* after your next booking awaits you. *Applicable for bookings within the next 30 days. The 10,000 points will be credited to your account after check-out of your next stay"

Like I said, I followed the terms of the offer and they haven't fulfilled the points.

I'm looking for contact details for Melia Rewards, ideally a complaints department, preferably a postal address or an email address.

Their phone service has a language barrier, and the online form gets no response for far too long.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:38 am

Apologies

Hi todderz,

Sorry I didn't know you meant the other promotion.

Have you tried calling Melia Rewards? They have English-speaking agents. I call them from time to time and always talk to them in English.

Originally Posted by todderz
Nope, that looks like a completely different promotion.

Mine was back in March via a targeted email and the offer was:

"A warm welcome of 10.000 points* after your next booking awaits you. *Applicable for bookings within the next 30 days. The 10,000 points will be credited to your account after check-out of your next stay"

Like I said, I followed the terms of the offer and they haven't fulfilled the points.

I'm looking for contact details for Melia Rewards, ideally a complaints department, preferably a postal address or an email address.

Their phone service has a language barrier, and the online form gets no response for far too long.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Transfer points to WyndhamRewards

Hi everyone! Maybe here you could help me to find a response.

I'm absolutely positive it was possible to convert MeliaRewards points to WyndhamRewards points at 2:1 ratio. I did that myself multiple times (sometimes Wyndham redemptions are of great value). I was about to transfer MR points just now again, but can't find Wyndham as a transfer partner. Was this partnership discontinued?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:23 pm

Cool MeliaReards and Wyndham Rewards no more...

Originally Posted by urww
Hi everyone! Maybe here you could help me to find a response.

I'm absolutely positive it was possible to convert MeliaRewards points to WyndhamRewards points at 2:1 ratio. I did that myself multiple times (sometimes Wyndham redemptions are of great value). I was about to transfer MR points just now again, but can't find Wyndham as a transfer partner. Was this partnership discontinued?
Hi urww,

The option or converting MeliaRewards points into Wyndham Rewards is gone and the partnership is off since February 2017.
Seems like it will be replaced by Malasia Airlines' Enrich.

I wrote a post about it in my blog, if you are interested
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
When did the option to transfer Melia to Wyndham stop?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:28 am

No more transfer to Wyndham

Originally Posted by stinger101
When did the option to transfer Melia to Wyndham stop?
As far as I remember, this option disappeared in February 2017, when Wyndham sent out a letter informing about the end of collaboration with Melia Rewards. But there was no official communication from Melia Rewards side.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
dumba, thanks for your input. Too bad to see it's gone, was a great option (basically it used to be the only option I redeemed Melia points for).

But there was no official communication from Melia Rewards side.
Ouch, I'm not surprised at all...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
I only redeem for Amazon vouchers, which to seems to be the best deal by far.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:48 am

Anyone have a melia UK amex Ł50 off Ł200 link that they can share the code for?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:10 am

SunshineStay - I personally think that hotel redemptions are best. Especially at aspirational properties (Gran Melia) or at locations like New York and Paris (INNSIDE, Melia). But I guess it all depends on how you are getting the points and how many.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
@dumba:
My issue with hotel redemptions at Melia is that they are not plannable. At programs like SPG or MR I know beforehand how many points I need to redeem them at a particular hotel. But at Melia this is entirely random.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:13 pm

Hey SunshineStay,

First I want to ask how do you tag someone?

Secondly, I am not sure what exactly you mean by 'not plannable' - the availability? The minimum number of points which are necessary for each hotel type are posted on Melia website, so you will know how much you will need, more or less. What I personally have trouble with is availability of those rates. Because when hotel is getting busier, cheaper rates quickly disappear. They might appear later, closer to the date, but it's a risky game. Although it's very similar to availability of airline tickets...

I also wish Melia Rewards had more promotions.

Originally Posted by SunshineStay
@dumba:
My issue with hotel redemptions at Melia is that they are not plannable. At programs like SPG or MR I know beforehand how many points I need to redeem them at a particular hotel. But at Melia this is entirely random.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:24 am

Hi @dumba,

just put an "@" in front of the username and the user is tagged.

What I mean with "plannable" is that redemption rates fluctuate together with the normal rates. This is different from other loyalty programs at chains like Marriott, Starwood or Hilton, where you know beforehand that a standard room will cost a fixed amount of points. That makes points redemption much more of a gamble than with other more established programs.
dumba likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.