Le Meridien Etoile in Paris

Old Sep 27, 05, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1.7MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
Le Meridien Etoile in Paris

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I was wondering what it is like and if it was far from the center of Paris. Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 05, 5:19 pm

I've stayed at the Le Meridien Etoile several times - and it's a big convention-style hotel with little charm but it does have some advantages. First, it's right across the street from where the Air France buses drop/pick up for CDG - so it's convenient. It's in central Paris - and the nearest Metro is right up the street. The convention center is across the street - and there is a mall attached to it. Most importantly, there's a pretty good market inside the mall - so you can stock up on supplies like bottled water, etc.

I've stayed in a variety of Paris hotels and frankly, this is not one of my favorites - it's has a New York Hilton-feel to it - lots of airline crews staying there. The rooms are on the smallish side - yet there is something warm and comforting about them. But best of all, the price is usually right - around $125 a night US.
Old Oct 2, 05, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1.7MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the info. I think I know the sort of hotel you describe. I like the idea of the buses to CDG. I will be flying in on UA. Do you know if you can take one of the AF buses if you are not flying AF?
Old Oct 3, 05, 12:46 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Yes, anybody can use the buses, you have to pay for them anyway. They call at all terminals (and 'halls'). There's more than one - make sure you get the one for Étoile. The stop you want to get off at is Porte Maillot.

On the hotel, I agree with the assessment. It's not the dead centre of Paris, but it is (just) intra-muros, so nowhere's that far away. There's some great local restaurants in the 17e towards Ternes and Villiers - have a word with the concierge. The rooms aren't special, but getting an upgrade to the better 'Superior' rooms isn't too tricky, particularly for Moments cardholders (gold cardholders also have dedicated check-in and check-out). The jazz bar there is rather nice, but watch out for the cover charge once the bands come on!
Old Feb 25, 20, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
How is this hotel in 2020?
Old Feb 26, 20, 2:36 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gkbiiii View Post
How is this hotel in 2020?
I would suggest posting in the Marriott Bonvoy group.
Old Jun 18, 20, 11:19 am

My friend and I were with a tour group and we all stayed at this hotel. Very nice accommodations, with complimentary breakfast daily. Endless croissants were consumed!

I liked that the tv in the room was customized with a special welcome message with my name attached. It was nice to see that as a suprise and delight to guests!

Somehow, my friend and I constantly overflowed the bathroom with shower water — we don't know if we just splashed about while taking showers or because of the shower half-door situation that's uncommon for us Americans. We needed extra towels to mop up all the water.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay at this hotel!
Old Jun 19, 20, 4:26 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor & IHG Plat; Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson G
There's a (long) master thread on this property: Le Meridien Etoile, Paris, France (Master Thread)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: