Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Omni Hotels Select Guest program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Omni Hotels Select Guest program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
I'm an Omni Plat this year. I stayed for 5 nights at Omni San Diego with a conference rate through the hotels website section of the conference this summer. My Omni Guest number was added to the reservation and I was upgraded to a Junior Suite at check-in, although it was quite depressing, so with some chatting at front desk, I was further upgraded to a normal suite, which was very nice.
This year I've got 5 nights and received an email with an offer to extend to Plat with just one additional night, so I'll have a single night at the rest of this year at Omni.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:33 pm

do i earn any airlines miles if i book directly with Omni?

If i can not avoid Omni, what's the best way to book to get maximum return? I tried to avoid hotels without capability of earning points, but I will need to stay at Omni for a night in September.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
GHA hasn't offered "airline miles" since 2015...

https://www.discoveryloyalty.com/About-GHA/Our-Partners

As for trying to avoid hotels that don't offer points, try staying at a FS from time to time. While certainly not FS level, some of the Omni properties beat out their points garnering competition in some locations: Nashville comes to mind, as does Bretton Woods.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire; Hyatt Glob
Omni double tier credit offer

I do not know if this is a general offer or targeted but the offer was on my Omni sign in page, not sent in an email.

"Exclusive Member Offer
Congratulations! You are registered to earn DOUBLE Tier Credits on qualified stays April 24 through June 30, 2019.
Offer TermsSubject to availability. Applicable for qualified stays April 24 - June 30, 2019. Select Guest members must register prior to completing a qualified stay to receive bonus Tier Credit. Registered members will earn one base Tier Credit and one bonus Tier Credit for every eligible night stayed in the promotion period. Tier Credits do not count towards earning Select Guest Free Nights. Select Guest membership, earning and redemption are subject to the program terms and conditions."
Old May 1, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Omni Status Match information: only one tier upgrade!

Thank you for contacting Select Guest Membership Services. I am happy to assist you with your status match inquiry. The Select Guest program is unique in the hospitality industries as it is not a point based program and offers many stay benefits even at our entry level of Gold. Due to the variations in program requirements and level benefits, we offer a one-time status match based on the following requirements;• Requesting guest has an active Select Guest membership with at least one overnight stay within the last 24 months.• Requesting guest can provide screen shots or images of current elevated tier status with approved alternate brand. Documentation must clearly show the guest name, tier status and a future expiry date.

What we offer:• One level upgrade in Select Guest based on guest current level. Gold tier members would upgrade to Platinum. Platinum tier members would upgrade to Black tier. The status match is valid from approval date until the end of the current calendar year.

Terms and Conditions:• A status match is a one-time exception and will not be repeated or extended• A status match is valid only during within the calendar year it is granted• Renewals and upgrades to the higher tier are based on the total of tier nights earned during the status match year.• Should a guest be eligible for any other promotional offer during the status match year, only one promotion will apply to any bookings or your membership.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Do AAA Rates booked on the omni site earn points? I stayed recently and I see the booking in my past stays, but I don't see any points or credits posting on my account?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Juanefny
Do AAA Rates booked on the omni site earn points? I stayed recently and I see the booking in my past stays, but I don't see any points or credits posting on my account?
Yes they do.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I am registered for the upgrade to Platinum through Dec 2021 with a 2 night stay.

The email invite says the 2 nights have to be completed by 8/31/20, but the promotion confirmation terms and conditions says I have until 12/31/20 to complete my two night stay.

Promotion Overview:

• Book and complete a qualified two-night stay between now and December 31, 2020 and we will upgrade your Select Guest/DISCOVERY status to Platinum Level through 2021. Member status is recognized at all Omni hotels and resorts along with our 550+ DISCOVERY partner hotels and resorts around the world.

Says Platinum benefits include:

2X AWARD CREDIT TOWARDS FREE NIGHTS
ROOM UPGRADES
WELCOME AMENITY
BOTTLED WATER, DELIVERED NIGHTLY

Bummer...no free breakfasts...

Hmm, I am not aware of Discovery Hotels. Will have to check them out.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Any recent experiences with Omni? I have an upcoming stay next month in DC.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by dx3003
Any recent experiences with Omni? I have an upcoming stay next month in DC.
I would like to know the same thing, except for my upcoming stay is in Pittsburgh. I would truly like to know about their upgrades.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 11:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mommafrica
I would like to know the same thing, except for my upcoming stay is in Pittsburgh. I would truly like to know about their upgrades.
As a base level member (Gold) on a corporate rate, upgraded to a "Premier" room: a little bigger and maybe better view. Better than nothing.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 11:41 pm

Hello.
Just seen this. Not mch of an upgrade. Was given a room with 2 completely small twin beds Extremelyuncomfortable and unacceptable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.