Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2002, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Vancouver Airport

Can anyone tell me about this property?
Old Mar 18, 2002, 11:30 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Very nice, newer hotel... AT THE AIRPORT. AT the far right of the terminals, by Int'l.

Modern, appealing room layout. Tripple glass makes for quiet room (even though aircraft are taking off and landing).
Bar, Restaurant, small pool/gym equip. Parking includes in/out priveledges (cheaper for uncovered)

Have stayed there a few times. Enjoyed very much. Seems to be Empty or Sold out, so rates swing accordingly! Noticed the charter airlines advertise a rate with a package that is very cheap!

Anything specific you wanna know?

[This message has been edited by seanthepilot (edited 03-18-2002).]
Old Mar 21, 2002, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Fantastic property, probably a best airport hotel in the world! Separate soaking tub and shower in addition to nice view of take offs and landings.

Book the night before a flight for the best rate promo. Be careful in the summer as many people use this hotel to arrive a day before their cruise departure so it can fill up as others mentioned.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Mar 25, 2002, 3:54 pm

I can't imagine why people would use the Airport hotel if they are going on cruises, since there are two downtown Fairmont's which are MUCH closer to the cruise ships.

The Fairmont Waterfront and the Hotel Vancouver are both right downtown.

The cruise ships actually come in at the Pan Pacific Hotel.. which is not one of the Fairmont chain hotels...

Old Mar 25, 2002, 6:37 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I think the poster meant for cruises not leaving YVR. stay the night before at the airport, fly out to MIA, FLL, etc. to catch cruise that day.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 1:49 pm

Perhaps... then why mention cruises...smile.

The airport hotel is a great airport hotel yes, but see it as no great location for people taking crusies in LA, Florida or even Vancouver....
Old Mar 31, 2002, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all. We will be staying there when we arrive in town since we get in late at night. We also chose to stay there the night before leaving since we leave way too early in the am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.