Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Old Jan 3, 22, 8:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Is anyone else having issues logging into their account or App. The App shows my name and level but that is about it. I am starting to question the reliability of status with GHA and may just go back to Hilton but at the moment am preferring to stay in apartments which Hilton does not cater for in Australia.
Old Jan 4, 22, 12:02 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by ozztraveller View Post
Is anyone else having issues logging into their account or App. The App shows my name and level but that is about it. I am starting to question the reliability of status with GHA and may just go back to Hilton but at the moment am preferring to stay in apartments which Hilton does not cater for in Australia.
I am currently having problems logging in on the Kempinski website, but other brands are OK.

The GHA App and Website seem very buggy. I did a serach today on the GHA Discovery website for a night in Bangkok in September and all properties came up as unavailable, which obviously is not the case. Generally speaking I find the brand websites more reliable (except for the Kempinski problem above).
Old Jan 4, 22, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Omni Black, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum
Titanium member here. I just got an email that granted me a free 100 Discovery Dollars.

"We’re beginning a new journey with GHA DISCOVERY. A journey that strives to make every next indulgence more rewarding than the last.

As one of our most valued members, we would like to thank you for your continued support and loyalty, and invite you to indulge with our new rewards currency with D$100."

Clicking thru...

"Congratulations, you've been rewarded with D$100!Thank you for opting in to claim your DISCOVERY Dollars (D$). Now, you’ve got even more reasons to indulge and enjoy across our global collection of distinctive hotels, resorts and palaces.

Your D$100 reward will be reflected in your membership account come early 2022. Thank you for your continued support and loyalty."

Not reflected in my account yet, so will wait for 'early 2022'.
Old Jan 4, 22, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, Accor Gold,, IHG Plat
Got 50D$ as Platinum.
Old Jan 4, 22, 6:39 pm

Programs: GHA Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I do not received any email… perhaps this is a targeted offer?
Old Jan 4, 22, 10:34 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambluesky View Post
I do not received any email… perhaps this is a targeted offer?
I haven't received anything either.
It will be interesting to see their approach to promotions going forward
minz56 and Rambluesky like this.
Old Jan 5, 22, 4:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
Nothing for me either
Old Jan 5, 22, 6:54 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Nothing for me either
I've heard it's for people that didn't have a local experience converted to Discovery $. If that's the case, it explains why I didn't get it.
Old Jan 5, 22, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by perthite View Post
I've heard it's for people that didn't have a local experience converted to Discovery $. If that's the case, it explains why I didn't get it.
I match that description.
Old Jan 13, 22, 8:19 am

Programs: TG*G, BA Silver, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Marriott Plat
The GHA website is a disgrace. The booking details has no additional request, no modify dates, and NO CANCEL BUTTON!!!. DON'T USE THE GHA DISCOVERY WEBSITE.
Old Jan 13, 22, 3:07 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Noppasit View Post
The GHA website is a disgrace. The booking details has no additional request, no modify dates, and NO CANCEL BUTTON!!!. DON'T USE THE GHA DISCOVERY WEBSITE.
I agree and therefore make all my bookings via the brand websites. Also I've noticed on the GHA app that the total price for the stay displayed doesn't include tax or service charges and these can significantly inflate the price in some countries.

ETA: Actually I found that you can cancel a booking on the GHA website if it was made on the GHA website/app. But what I have found now is that a booking made on the GHA website doesn't show on the Brand website (at least for one Brand I have booked) and vice versa. Or perhaps I am just going crazy!

Last edited by minz56; Jan 13, 22 at 3:45 pm
Old Jan 14, 22, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by minz56 View Post
I agree and therefore make all my bookings via the brand websites. Also I've noticed on the GHA app that the total price for the stay displayed doesn't include tax or service charges and these can significantly inflate the price in some countries.

ETA: Actually I found that you can cancel a booking on the GHA website if it was made on the GHA website/app. But what I have found now is that a booking made on the GHA website doesn't show on the Brand website (at least for one Brand I have booked) and vice versa. Or perhaps I am just going crazy!
I can go one better, when I book on the brand website it asks me to sign in to receive the discovery discount. Only to say I am not eligible for this rate so have to phone up. Once booked I cant see the booking on their website under my bookings. On arrival the night staff don't check guests status so have to show card to receive benefits. Staff I have encountered are always great when checking in and have no problem giving me a double upgrade even though brand standard says one level.
Old Jan 14, 22, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozztraveller View Post
I can go one better, when I book on the brand website it asks me to sign in to receive the discovery discount. Only to say I am not eligible for this rate so have to phone up. Once booked I cant see the booking on their website under my bookings. On arrival the night staff don't check guests status so have to show card to receive benefits. Staff I have encountered are always great when checking in and have no problem giving me a double upgrade even though brand standard says one level.
I've never received nor seen any prompts to get a physical membership card. Are you talking about a physical one or a digital one shown thru the app or something?
Old Jan 14, 22, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by onetouchpass View Post
I've never received nor seen any prompts to get a physical membership card. Are you talking about a physical one or a digital one shown thru the app or something?
On the app, first few stays I did not realise there was minimal phone reception in the hotel so had to go outside to access the app.
onetouchpass likes this.
Old Feb 3, 22, 2:23 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
So far, my overall impression of the program is of the disappointment. Out of 3 stays, only one hotel acknowledged the status and gave a meaningful upgrade. Not a single one prepared a welcome note or an in room amenity. Also chasing missing d-dollars for two of my three stays. Shame really as it had a potential to become the new Starwood that we miss so much.
Also got an email about 50D, but those yet never posted.
escape4 and onetouchpass like this.

Search this Thread