Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:51 am
Company Representative, GHA

Programs: GHA DISCOVERY
Originally Posted by onetouchpass
Welcome! (back?)
Thanks!

I'm a first-time poster, long-time lurker on various forums here, as a loyalty devotee and frequent traveler. Happy to help with queries when I can.
Rambluesky and onetouchpass like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: GHA Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador
FYI, Full terms & conditions are going live on website

https://www.ghadiscovery.com/terms-conditions
Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:56 am

A few questions:
(1) is there a list of the titanium brand benefits somewhere?
(2) https://www.ghadiscovery.com/gha-discovery-benefits suggests the titanium early check-in/late checkout unlike the double room upgrade is not subject to availability while terms & conditions suggests it is subject to availability and the early check-in has to be requested two days in advance. Is this the case and is there a formal way of requesting the early check-in?
(3) Would bookings through Amex FHR/Virtuoso count as eligible rates or not?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by quant88
A few questions:
(1) is there a list of the titanium brand benefits somewhere?
(2) [GHA DISCOVERY website] suggests the titanium early check-in/late checkout unlike the double room upgrade is not subject to availability while terms & conditions suggests it is subject to availability and the early check-in has to be requested two days in advance. Is this the case and is there a formal way of requesting the early check-in?
(3) Would bookings through Amex FHR/Virtuoso count as eligible rates or not?
(1) these vary by brand and by hotel location and they change quite frequently. They can range from gifts reflecting the local culture to services such as free laundry. At several brands they will offer you a choice of benefits from a small "menu" when you check in. It's part of the individual and local ethos of GHA that we don't standardize these brand benefits across the world; instead we allow local hotels to use their own discretion to choose suitable rewards.

(2) early check-in/ late check-out are always subject to availability. It's best to request early check-in in advance - no particular formality is involved but you should probably call or email the hotel itself. Often the hotel will send you a pre-arrival email asking for your special requests.

(3) unlike in the other major hotel loyalty programmes, bookings made through FHR/Virtuoso into GHA hotels are normally ELIGIBLE for earning D$, receiving in-hotel benefits and receiving tier credits. Most competitor loyalty programmes have now limited eligibility to direct channel bookings only. Note that if you are entitled to a 1-category room upgrade via FHR (etc) and a 2-category room upgrade as a Titanium GHA DISCOVERY member, those upgrades don't get added together to make a 3-category upgrade (!) - but you should still get the 2-category upgrade, subject to availability. TIP: to maximise your D$ earning you should really book direct with GHA or the brand because there will be cases, especially when booking a packaged rate through a travel agent or tour operator, where you will earn D$ at a reduced rate compared to booking direct.
quant88 and Rambluesky like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
The old GHA app was deactivated, however it seems like the new one still not up at Apple app store yet.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
The old GHA app was deactivated, however it seems like the new one still not up at Apple app store yet.
Yes, Apple have been taking a long time in their review, which is frustrating. But I'm told it should be available in the App Store today. Sorry for the delay.

The Android version is available already.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by GHA_Insider
Yes, Apple have been taking a long time in their review, which is frustrating. But I'm told it should be available in the App Store today. Sorry for the delay.

The Android version is available already.
I clicked on the Android version earlier and thought it looked different. Hopefully the Apple version will be available soon.
I am just glad my status level had no issues with the new website when it changed over as it showed black still in the beginning.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by ozztraveller
I clicked on the Android version earlier and thought it looked different. Hopefully the Apple version will be available soon.
I am just glad my status level had no issues with the new website when it changed over as it showed black still in the beginning.
UPDATE: it's now live in the App Store.
Rambluesky likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:24 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I am glad to see GHA_Insider 's presence on FT It was great to have a GHA rep before but then it did not last which was a bummer.

Apple version now working for me, D$ balance is correct, and Titanium tier showing as well.
GHA_Insider likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
I ran a small sample search and noticed not all hotels have the Local Offers. Is this by design or will every property have something added eventually?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by onetouchpass
I ran a small sample search and noticed not all hotels have the Local Offers. Is this by design or will every property have something added eventually?
They are all encouraged to create Local Offers and over time I expect that almost all hotels will have some available, although some hotels lack the facilities and outlets to provide them.

There will be many interesting programme developments over 2022 - this is only the beginning...
onetouchpass likes this.

Last edited by GHA_Insider; Dec 9, 2021 at 2:48 am
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: GHA Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I would like to ask some questions

First, Can I earn D$ if I only visit a hotel for a dinner and/or spa? I called a hotel in Bangkok and they said that to be eligible for D$, I have to charge all expense to room folio, meaning that I must stay overnight with them. Anyone can verify this info?

Second, From T&C
5.1 A Member will earn Base D$ based on a percentage of their Net Eligible Spend........In the event that a member earns less than 5D$ but more than zero D$ under this formula, they will receive D$5.
If my net eligible spend was 40USD, normally it would be 40*7% = around 2D$, but as the bold text suggested I will get the minimum of 5D$, right?

I asked these via support but there's no reply or assigned number whatsoever...so I think they may be very busy with all member asking for info...

Last edited by Rambluesky; Dec 9, 2021 at 5:05 am
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Where's the bit about using hotel facilities? Did they quietly just not launch that. Was the only thing I was excited about with this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Rambluesky
I would like to ask some questions

First, Can I earn D$ if I only visit a hotel for a dinner and/or spa? I called a hotel in Bangkok and they said that to be eligible for D$, I have to charge all expense to room folio, meaning that I must stay overnight with them. Anyone can verify this info?
The hotel is correct. Currently you can only earn or redeem D$ when you are staying at the hotel.

Originally Posted by Rambluesky
Second, From T&C

If my net eligible spend was 40USD, normally it would be 40*7% = around 2D$, but as the bold text suggested I will get the minimum of 5D$, right?

That's right.

Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
Where's the bit about using hotel facilities? Did they quietly just not launch that. Was the only thing I was excited about with this.
These are being rolled out through Local Offers (more to come):
https://www.ghadiscovery.com/Local-Offers
Rambluesky likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 9, 2021 at 2:23 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Dec 10, 2021, 3:51 am

Programs: GHA Titanium, Marriott Titanium Elite, ALL Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, HH Diamond,Hyatt Explorist
The old benefits were definitely better. Feels like the elite status has been diluted so much. The early check in at 9am and late check out at 6pm was the best. I have 63 nights with GHA this year but seems like there will be a whole lot of people being awarded Titanium status now. So much for being loyal to them.. I wonder if the red status would mean anything? It's listed in the site but nothing on it at all

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.