Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: GHA Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Additional Updates from Local Experiences Page.

https://visit.discoveryloyalty.com/l...-are-evolving/

Plus, did we mention that Experiences are now available for purchase by any GHA DISCOVERY member at any level? Book them from Day One at any of our 500+ hotels worldwide, using the payment method of your choice: DISCOVERY Dollars (D$), cash, credit or any other form of payment accepted at that hotel.

More details on Discovery Dollars

https://visit.discoveryloyalty.com/d...s-rewards-you/

As a GHA DISCOVERY member, you’ll earn up to 7% back in DISCOVERY Dollars (D$) on every eligible purchase // All members are eligible to earn D$ from Day One. The percentage (%) rises with your membership level.
if you have active Local Experience awards, please note that they will be converted into D$ on 7 December 2021. The conversion rate will be D$100 (USD 100) for Platinum Local Experience awards and D$200 (USD 200) for Black Local Experience awards.
I will reserve my judgement until I saw their redemption rate on Local Experiences...
onetouchpass likes this.

Last edited by Rambluesky; Nov 22, 2021 at 3:26 am
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Rambluesky
I will reserve my judgement until I saw their redemption rate on Local Experiences...
Thanks for sharing the additional info. If my understanding is correct, we will be able to use D$ to book hotel rooms like cash, not only for experiences, right? So if they give us $200 for each black experience, that's a generous conversion ratio, previously the default value of each experience seemed to be $150, more or less, on average.

I will use D$ to book hotel rooms (if allowed) and it would be $200 off for each, no questions asked.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by escape4
If my understanding is correct, we will be able to use D$ to book hotel rooms like cash, not only for experiences, right? So if they give us $200 for each black experience, that's a generous conversion ratio,
That seems to be the case. We can use D$ for hotel rooms, upgrades, spa, etc… as they suggested in their page.

The conversion rate really surprised me. I thought that it will be quite a low value. But considering their other changes lean towards a positive side, maybe I should expect that they are generous with these changes as well.
escape4 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: NZ
I guess that the 7% earn rate will apply if you are Titanium.
escape4 and Rambluesky like this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:46 am

Another update relating to D$ I found on GHA Website

https://www.globalhotelalliance.com/...covery-dollars

Highlights:

From the very first stay, members will earn D$ for their eligible purchases across the hotel. They’ll earn D$ at 4% to 7% of their total bill, and D$1 = 1 USD, or the equivalent in any other local currency, so the value is clear.
So it will be 7 for TT, 6 for Plat, 5 for Gold, 4 for Silver?

They can spend their D$ on their very next stay (with as little as D$10, so not having to save up), or save them up toward something big, like a dream getaway.
10D$? What would that be?
minz56 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, IHG plat, GHA Black, HH Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
I usually get +2 upgrade, sometimes even better. There are a handful of hotels which will not upgrade +2 depending on the room type booked, for example if +2 would end up being a villa or a 2-bdr suite then it might be out of bounds. It does require checking in advance with some properties to make sure, but for the most part upgrades are given proactively.
Seems like both Avani and Anantara listed suites and villa’s are excluded from upgrades. In the past I cannot recall this was stated in the T&C and I got upgrade to villa numerous times when booking a “normal” room. I guess with the update of the program this will remain and you need to use $$ or D$ to get upgraded to suites and villa’s…

Avani link: https://www.avanihotels.com/en/loyalty
Anantara link: https://www.anantara.com/en/loyalty
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:27 pm

10D$? What would that be?
I think it will be 10 USD off your final invoice.

Originally Posted by MrML
Seems like both Avani and Anantara listed suites and villa’s are excluded from upgrades. In the past I cannot recall this was stated in the T&C and I got upgrade to villa numerous times when booking a “normal” room. I guess with the update of the program this will remain and you need to use $$ or D$ to get upgraded to suites and villa’s…
In my experience Avani and Anantara upgrades are very dependent on the property and their individual upgrade policy. Some exclude villas and some do not. Often useful to check ahead of time...
Rambluesky likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 1:03 pm

New Titanium benefits disclosed by some internal source:
- 11am check-in
- 4pm check-out
- Gift Titanium status to a friend
- Brand specific benefits (e.g. two breakfast at Niccolo & one breakfast at Marco Polo)

There's also an invitation-only tier called Red.
Rambluesky and onetouchpass like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:28 am

So check-out is no longer better than other chains; 4pm instead of 6pm Check-in cut by 2 hours as well.
Rambluesky likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:10 am

For those living in AUS/NZ, Rydges will leave GHA effective this December 1, 2021

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/11/28/...1/?omhide=true
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
For those living in AUS/NZ, Rydges will leave GHA effective this December 1, 2021

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/11/28/...1/?omhide=true
Bit odd that there has been no communication from Rydges on this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:53 am

New Mastercard promotion: Instant upgrade to Black (World Elite APAC only) or Platinum.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:32 am

A little bit more info I found

https://viewfromthewing.com/gha-disc...ogram-changes/

Discovery Dollars expire, with expiration depending on elite status and note that this is based on when each dollar is earned, not how long you have to keep points in your account active.
  • Base (silver) members: 6 months
  • Gold: 18 months
  • Platinum: 18 months
  • Titanium (and Red): 24 months
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:09 am
Company Representative, GHA

Programs: GHA DISCOVERY
A little bit more info I found

Discovery Dollars expire, with expiration depending on elite status and note that this is based on when each dollar is earned, not how long you have to keep points in your account active.
  • Base (silver) members: 6 months
  • Gold: 18 months
  • Platinum: 18 months
  • Titanium (and Red): 24 months
A small correction to Gary's article - it's actually 24 months for expiry of D$ earned when you are in Platinum tier.

Launching tomorrow!
Rambluesky likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by GHA_Insider
A small correction to Gary's article - it's actually 24 months for expiry of D$ earned when you are in Platinum tier.

Launching tomorrow!
Welcome! (back?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.