Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Old Nov 21, 2022, 6:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by kaizen7
GHA somehow can be considered weak in terms of elite benefit. Admittedly, their elite tier requirements is lower than other program.
Yes, the difficulty of reaching top tier, and the benefits at the top tier, are in balance so I don't intend to give up Titanium status. But I am spending far fewer GHA nights since the revamp of the program due to weaker benefits and anyway I can afford to drastically reduce my GHA stays and remain Titanium nonetheless.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
The 3 brands stays for Titanium is very doable especially in South East Asia.

Capella, Kempinski, Minor hotels brands, and Pan Pacific hotels brands.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by kkl
Do we need to book direct for benefits? Or can use third party channels
Same question. Booked via Agoda, but at check-in property asked for my GHA #. Will I get D$ or at least status nights?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Given that you only need to stay with 3 of their brands to renew top tier status, I think it's a pretty solid value proposition. True, some properties are stingy on upgrades, especially in suites or villa categories -- but at the GHA properties I frequent I've routinely been upgraded from a suite to villa, sometimes across more than two categories.

It's not a replacement for a 'legacy' program like WOH, Bonvoy, Honors etc, but as a complement I find it excellent -- especially here in Asia with brand such as Anantara, Capella and Kempinski.
Not even that. They are giving away Titanium status as long as you can provide the first 10 digits of a qualifying Mastercard in Asia Pacific.

Similar offers have been running in the last few years, and probably will continue in the future.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Titanium for World Elite card holders
Platinum for World card holders

Somehow I believe it will be easier to earn the tier with 2/3 stays at different brands rather than apply for the eligible cards
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:55 am

Got my titanium based on 3 brands stay.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:23 am

Received the usual post stay survey about my last stay at Palazzo Versace Dubai.

One thing that quite interesting was the question about room upgrade benefit.
The survey ask if I receive upgrade during the stay.
One of the answer option was : no upgrade but offered alternative benefit.

I wonder if anyone ever receive this kind of treatment before? as everytime I didn't get upgraded at GHA property, they either not mentioning at all (thank you for your loyalty ... your room is ready) or say sorry no upgrade for you this time and handed in the key.
Never once I was offered alternative benefit at GHA hotels.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I wonder if anyone ever receive this kind of treatment before? as everytime I didn't get upgraded at GHA property, they either not mentioning at all (thank you for your loyalty ... your room is ready) or say sorry no upgrade for you this time and handed in the key.
Never once I was offered alternative benefit at GHA hotels.
Nope, me neither. I assume this is not required. No upgrade at Anantara Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky last month and no mention of it until I asked if I'd been upgraded. No compensation given, but I think they are a bit unclear on GHA rules anyway as a former NH hotel. Didn't manage to post my stay either.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:16 am

I didn't get upgraded at Palazzo Versace either and they just said : thank you for your loyalty and handed me the key to the room.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I recently stayed at Corinthia in London but my discovery account is not adding it as a recorded night, the hotel says they posted the room and I see it in my account but its not getting acredited as one of the brands or points, who is best to contact in this situation?
Old Dec 15, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Recently had 2x one-night stays within a week's time at the Pan Pacific Perth.

1st stay:
- email ahead of stay asking which amenity I wanted (local wine or chocolate cake) -- picked the wine but didn't receive anything
- no upgrade

2nd stay:
- double upgrade
- local wine (no email beforehand)
Old Dec 18, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Shangrila Jade
Have a few upcoming stays as Titanium and wondering what "Brand Benefits" actually means. Still haven't seen a list anywhere for the various brands - does this exist?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 9:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I was motivated to move some of my spend to some interesting hotels in good faith, but it seems like the programme is so unreliable at the moment I am inclined to remove it from my list of options for 2023. After warning me that I was about to lose $20 of my Discovery dollars, it didn't tell me that straight afterwards I would lose another $400, so I'm discounting the value of these from the 7% given to more like a 4% rebate which makes it less valuable than something like hotels.com
Old Dec 25, 2022, 3:09 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I was motivated to move some of my spend to some interesting hotels in good faith, but it seems like the programme is so unreliable at the moment I am inclined to remove it from my list of options for 2023. After warning me that I was about to lose $20 of my Discovery dollars, it didn't tell me that straight afterwards I would lose another $400, so I'm discounting the value of these from the 7% given to more like a 4% rebate which makes it less valuable than something like hotels.com
The strength of GHA is absolutely the quality of the hotels they've attracted to the portfolio rather than the programme itself, which instead seems optimised for guests staying a few times per year rather than actual regulars (you can earn Titanium in just three stays). I use GHA a fair bit these days because their highest end properties (typically those tagged 'ultra luxury' on the GHA website) are pitched at a level which doesn't really exist in the major chains outside of Six Senses, a few Park Hyatts, etc. I have tried most of the non-major chain hotel programmes in the last 12 months and find GHA better than the competition such as Preferred Hotels where you sometimes find out at a check-in the front desk have never even heard of the programme...

Sadly you don't really get any special treatment through GHA status and it definitely isn't a replacement for Hyatt or Marriott if you need to have guaranteed late check out, want free breakfasts, etc. I find it a helpful complement though, and some of the GHA properties are on my regular rotation now.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 9:50 am

Agreed. some of GHA member hotels are outstanding hotels like Capella Hotels and somewhat Kempinski Hotels.
(those 2 brands is what make me keeps my Platinum these days )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.