Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Old Jun 22, 22, 2:24 am
Company Representative, GHA

Programs: GHA DISCOVERY
Originally Posted by seba View Post
Hi, I want to use my D$ in NH Collection, anyone have done it before?
You can use them now. NH started participating in the DISCOVERY loyalty programme on Monday 20th so all NH Rewards Points have become D$ too. You will be able to use D$ from any GHA brand (including NH) at NH's hotels now.

Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Correct. There are many regions of the world where GHA is poor and new hotels would help; Dubai is definitely not part of that list. Not to mention that Dubai already has lots of other hotel chains present so it's highly competitive, almost all those chains are far more generous with elite benefits (suite upgrades, breakfast, lounge) so Dubai is one of the last places I would look for to book a GHA hotel.
Just to note that we added 360 more hotels to GHA DISCOVERY on Monday, in the form of NH Hotels group, so you should find that many of those regions where GHA previously had fewer hotels are now much better served for our members.

Dubai remains a very popular destination for our members and we will be adding more hotels there at different market levels over the coming months.

Originally Posted by jonatan View Post
I was informed at the checkin in NH hotel in Madrid, that NH hotels fully migrated from NH Rewards to Discovery program on Tuesday night.
My accounts were merged (NH Gold would be transfered to platinum, but I was already titanium using the same email with Discovery programme and that prevailed).
However I received no benefits, even after asking.
it means no room upgrade, no welcome drink or snack in the room (even usual before with NH hold)Ö I hope they will do better next time.
This is disappointing to hear, even though it is the first week of NH participating in the programme and there may well be some glitches as staff work out the new status. If you are an existing member in both programmes you can pro-actively contact DISCOVERY Customer Care with the two membership numbers and they will make sure that your profile is properly merged into a single DISCOVERY profile at the higher tier level. That should avoid future difficulties.

DISCOVERY Customer Care can be contacted here: https://www.ghadiscovery.com/support/create_ticket

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 22, 22 at 9:33 am Reason: Consecutive posts merged
Old Jun 23, 22, 8:45 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Hi GHA_Insider

Are Pan Pacific, Park Royal and Park Royal Collection counted as separate/unique brands for the purpose of GHA stays?
Old Jun 25, 22, 5:58 am

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, Accor Gold,, IHG Plat
GHA_Insider Are Discovery memberships supposed to be valid on each brandís website? I cannot login to the NH website using my Anantara Discovery account and the NH Hotels are not bookable on GHADiscovery.com either!
As I plan on using points, I want to make sure my booking qualifies and my membership is attached to the reservation.
Old Jun 27, 22, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll View Post
Hi GHA_Insider

Are Pan Pacific, Park Royal and Park Royal Collection counted as separate/unique brands for the purpose of GHA stays?
Yes they are.

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
GHA_Insider Are Discovery memberships supposed to be valid on each brandís website? I cannot login to the NH website using my Anantara Discovery account and the NH Hotels are not bookable on GHADiscovery.com either!
As I plan on using points, I want to make sure my booking qualifies and my membership is attached to the reservation.
You should be able to log in to see your DISCOVERY profile on any GHA member brand website - but I know that NH was having some problems with this when they switched the functionality on for their website last week.

Any direct booking on NH's website or app will qualify for earning and redemption of D$ on that stay. The same will be true of bookings made on discoveryloyalty.com when the NH hotels become bookable there shortly.
Kilian Zoll likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 27, 22 at 9:17 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jun 27, 22, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, Accor Gold,, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GHA_Insider View Post

You should be able to log in to see your DISCOVERY profile on any GHA member brand website - but I know that NH was having some problems with this when they switched the functionality on for their website last week.

Any direct booking on NH's website or app will qualify for earning and redemption of D$ on that stay. The same will be true of bookings made on discoveryloyalty.com when the NH hotels become bookable there shortly.
Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I can still not access my Discovery account on the NH site. While I of course can still book and add my number later, without being logged on I will not be able to book the member rate.
Old Jun 28, 22, 12:42 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Is there somewhere more information on how they're doing the migration from NH to GHA?
What are the new elite levels? (I see that Jonatan mentioned that Gold becomes Platinum, will Silver be Gold?)
What about the points. NH points used to be in EUR, GHA in USD. Are they doing some kind of currency conversion with the points?

Sorry for all the questions but except for some vague promo emails I did not receive much info.
Old Jun 30, 22, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I can still not access my Discovery account on the NH site. While I of course can still book and add my number later, without being logged on I will not be able to book the member rate.
It should work now. Some high tier members in GHA DISCOVERY who were lower tier in NH Rewards have to reset their password on the NH website using the "forgot password" link and then they can log in on NH and GHA websites using their email address and new password. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by GHA_Insider; Jun 30, 22 at 4:00 am
Old Jun 30, 22, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae View Post
Is there somewhere more information on how they're doing the migration from NH to GHA?
What are the new elite levels? (I see that Jonatan mentioned that Gold becomes Platinum, will Silver be Gold?)
What about the points. NH points used to be in EUR, GHA in USD. Are they doing some kind of currency conversion with the points?

Sorry for all the questions but except for some vague promo emails I did not receive much info.
The NH DISCOVERY loyalty programme is now using the standard DISCOVERY tier levels. If you are already a member in both systems you will be given the higher tier level but for GDPR reasons you need to positively consent to this - send a message to DISCOVERY Customer Care with the details of both membership numbers and they can merge your profiles right away: https://www.ghadiscovery.com/support/create_ticket

All existing NH Rewards Points were migrated into DISCOVERY Dollars on 20th June using the EUR/ USD exchange rate. You should now see the appropriate (higher) number of D$ on your NH DISCOVERY account with the same expiry dates as the previous points.

Search this Thread