Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Old May 31, 22, 6:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by ParkAve View Post
Also, being able to walk into the hotel with the confidence of knowing the hotel is going to grant a two category upgrade
I would not be overly confident. Many hotels have rules and exceptions for room types that don't qualify for elite upgrades.
Old May 31, 22, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | GHA Titanium | Omni Black | IHG Platinum | I Prefer Elite
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
I would not be overly confident. Many hotels have rules and exceptions for room types that don't qualify for elite upgrades.
From my own experiences from the revamp up until now, it find it less vague compared to, exempli gratia, Hilton, where it would be more of opening a surprise box, one day you get a one category upgrade, and the other day maybe six. As I mentioned though, thrice did I came across the situation of booking a too high category room with a GHA property and hence no being able to receive a 2 category upgrade from what I booked, despite them selling rooms that are two categories higher than what I booked. It seems like the hotels donít share that same view with GHA_Insider on this matter, and would rather their elite members book their cheapest room.
Old May 31, 22, 7:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
From my own experiences from the revamp up until now, it find it less vague compared to, exempli gratia, Hilton, where it would be more of opening a surprise box, one day you get a one category upgrade, and the other day maybe six. As I mentioned though, thrice did I came across the situation of booking a too high category room with a GHA property and hence no being able to receive a 2 category upgrade from what I booked, despite them selling rooms that are two categories higher than what I booked. It seems like the hotels don’t share that same view with GHA_Insider on this matter, and would rather their elite members book their cheapest room.
My upgrades at Hilton remain on average better than GHA for sure. Not to mention breakfast and lounge access at Hilton.

As you mention sometimes at Hilton it's +1 and sometimes it's +6. At GHA it's almost never more than +2 and many times it's zero because they decide the room types do not qualify, otherwise it's +1 which is the bare minimum at Hilton anyway. So on average GHA maybe +1.5 and Hilton's average is definitely better than this at least where I stay. I also find that GHA hotels tend to have too many room types such that +2 is not worth much. Getting +2 is not uniform value - it entirely depends how hotels segment their room types. GHA seems worse at this than other hotel programs, almost as if some hotels planned around this situation to mitigate value.

I would be interested to hear experiences from anybody who thought GHA is superior to Hilton, where they stay, and why.

Last edited by escape4; Jun 10, 22 at 3:41 pm
Old Jun 1, 22, 2:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Pre Covid, and pre revamp, GHA was pretty reliable in giving me +1 upgrade.

The only one failed to upgrade me was Capella Ubud.

Haven't been to any of their hotel again after covid.
Old Jun 3, 22, 7:03 pm

Hi, I want to use my D$ in NH Collection, anyone have done it before?
Old Jun 5, 22, 6:14 pm

Programs: Ex *A now CX. IHG/Marriott convert
As a GHA Titanium, the Capella Hanoi had extended a +2 category upgrade from basic room to Premier Suite. The front desk seemed willing to go higher but their Opera Suites were fully booked due to the weekend.

No other GHA benefits offered though - not required as well in view of the usual Capella benefits!
ParkAve likes this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:10 pm

Apparently Palazzo Versace Dubai (only) now participating in GHA
The other Palazzo Versace in gold Coast is not.
Old Jun 10, 22, 3:43 pm

kaizen7 I'll take it but GHA did not really need another hotel in Dubai as it was fairly strong there to begin with.
ParkAve likes this.
Old Jun 11, 22, 1:32 am

I won D$500 in April. The credits are expiring on 28th October. UK school holidays are such that I want to utilise it on 29th/30th October. Contacted GHA Insider here and GHA themselves for a one week extension but not heard back. To clarify, do they need to be booked for fully used by 28th October? Also, how are people booking? Does it take it off the total online or is it something that is deducted at checkout? I already have a reward stay with a GHA brand so ideally want to use it in the spa and for food. I doubt spa would take money 3 months before the trip so really stuck. Don't want to use at local hotels here in in London. Any advice would be appreciated. I also have D$100 that GHA gave me last year when they were either extending membership or giving credit so it D$600 in total.
Old Jun 11, 22, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Omni Black, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by s879 View Post
I won D$500 in April. The credits are expiring on 28th October. UK school holidays are such that I want to utilise it on 29th/30th October. Contacted GHA Insider here and GHA themselves for a one week extension but not heard back. To clarify, do they need to be booked for fully used by 28th October? Also, how are people booking? Does it take it off the total online or is it something that is deducted at checkout? I already have a reward stay with a GHA brand so ideally want to use it in the spa and for food. I doubt spa would take money 3 months before the trip so really stuck. Don't want to use at local hotels here in in London. Any advice would be appreciated. I also have D$100 that GHA gave me last year when they were either extending membership or giving credit so it D$600 in total.
I used my balance at check out. Well actually check in since they gave me the option of paying then, which I took since I didn't want to forget.
Old Jun 11, 22, 10:02 am

kaizen7 I'll take it but GHA did not really need another hotel in Dubai as it was fairly strong there to begin with.
Agreed, but then again it might not easy for GHA to get other brands in other market to join them.
Old Jun 11, 22, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by onetouchpass View Post
I used my balance at check out. Well actually check in since they gave me the option of paying then, which I took since I didn't want to forget.
Thanks for replying. My check in can't be earlier than 29th October an it expires on the 28th so quite annoyed. Anyway, let's see if GHA Insider can help. It's just a a few days extension I am requesting and not weeks or months.
onetouchpass likes this.
Old Jun 14, 22, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | GHA Titanium | Omni Black | IHG Platinum | I Prefer Elite
Arenít they headquartered in Dubai anyways?
Old Jun 14, 22, 1:13 pm

Arenít they headquartered in Dubai anyways?
Correct. There are many regions of the world where GHA is poor and new hotels would help; Dubai is definitely not part of that list. Not to mention that Dubai already has lots of other hotel chains present so it's highly competitive, almost all those chains are far more generous with elite benefits (suite upgrades, breakfast, lounge) so Dubai is one of the last places I would look for to book a GHA hotel.
ParkAve likes this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 1:42 am

Programs: M&M Frequent Flyer, A3 GOLD
NH Rewards -> Discovery

I was informed at the checkin in NH hotel in Madrid, that NH hotels fully migrated from NH Rewards to Discovery program on Tuesday night.
My accounts were merged (NH Gold would be transfered to platinum, but I was already titanium using the same email with Discovery programme and that prevailed).
However I received no benefits, even after asking.
it means no room upgrade, no welcome drink or snack in the room (even usual before with NH hold)Ö I hope they will do better next time.

Search this Thread