Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Advance to Ascott Star Rewards Elite Status

Old Sep 8, 20, 2:48 am
Original Poster

LEVEL UP YOUR MEMBERSHIP

Simply show proof of your Elite membership (Silver, Gold & Platinum) in other loyalty programmes such as Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, World of Hyatt, IHG®️ Rewards Club or Accor Live Limitless and a stay within the last 18 months within that programme to get upgraded. Sit back and then enjoy your new elite status with Ascott Star Rewards.

Registrations can only be made online through: [email protected]

To request a status match, please sent the following information:

1) Full Name and Email registered with ASR

2) Hotel loyalty programme and proof of existing status (screenshot of membership dashboard or member card with showing name and member ID)

3) Proof of stay within the last 18 months

You need to be a member of Ascott Star Rewards to qualify for an elite status match. Not a member? Sign up here.

Terms and Conditions
  1. Members will have 12 consecutive months (“membership year”) upon status match approval to meet the minimum aggregate Qualifying Amount to retain their matched status.
  2. A Member who has not spent the Qualifying Amount required for his/her current Tier during the immediately preceding Membership Year, will be moved to the corresponding Tier based on the aggregate Qualifying Amount spent during the immediately preceding Membership Year.
  3. Acceptable forms of status validation include a screenshot of your current and active account status. Please do NOT send us any personal information (including your phone number, address, social security number, date of birth, user name, passwords, or credit card information).
  4. ASR reserves the right to decline any application at any time for any reason. Please allow 10 business days for ASR to process your request. ASR may require additional validation in its complete discretion which may take an additional 10 business days.
  5. The ASR Status Match programme is non-transferable and is valid for one-time use.
  6. This programme is subject to modification, cancellation or limitation at The Ascott Limited's discretion, with or without notice.
  7. This programme is applicable to individual members only and not to groups.
  8. For more information, visit www.the-ascott.com/en/member/benefits/terms.html
  9. I agree to ASR Terms & Conditions.
  10. I acknowledge that ASR reserves the right to downgrade or remove individuals from the programme at any time upon submitting fraudulent documentation for validation.
  11. I agree to Ascott and its subsidiaries, their authorised agents and services providers (the “Ascott Group”) processing my personal data for promotional and marketing programmes and to contact me about their products, services and promotions.
  12. I understand that I am free to update my preferences including to unsubscribe from Ascott’s mailing list by changing my subscription preferences in my Ascott Star Rewards profile. I confirm that my consents granted herein (i) do not supersede or replace any other marketing consents which I may have previously provided to Ascott Group outside of this membership and are in addition to any rights which Ascott Group may have at law on personal data; and (ii) continue until such consents are withdrawn
Old Sep 8, 20, 2:53 am
Original Poster

I submitted my Life Time Bonvoy Gold status to ASR and got the reply that they can only match Bonvoy Gold to their Silver status, isn't mean that Bonvoy Platinum only can match with their Gold status? Seems like ASR are totally not serious on their status match program and end up like another IHG joke!
Old Sep 12, 20, 12:11 am

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
The status is pretty useless. I love Ascott properties in Asia, especially in China, but the status is not recognized at all and in Europe, as a platinum, the properties refuse complimentary breakfast. I had a long e-mail exchange with their head of the ASR program and accused them of false advertising which they denied and said "complimentary" was essentially up to the property in Europes despite what it says on their page. The Citadines properties do not participate in the breakfast benefit nor the upgrade benefits. I would say don't waste your time with this program at all.

Dear Dr. Hessinger,

Thank you for the reply.

Our team definitely does not conduct false advertising and we apologise if we have given off such an impression. As a platinum member, you are entitled to at least one free breakfast at our participating properties in Europe.

However, this reward / benefit is at the discretion of the property as the availability may vary from time to time.

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/1652f6a9-53d3-4492-958b-d5590eb7f9bf[/img]

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/2c8c373f-61d7-47d9-a315-b0fda007627e[/img]

(edit: images refer to 8.2 and definition of "Rewards" in TOC)

To provide more transparency and clarity to our members, we will look to enhance our T&Cs page as soon as possible.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Warm regards,

[Redacted]

[Redacted] |Ascott Star Rewards Team | Brand & Marketing
The Ascott Limited

Last edited by hessinger; Sep 12, 20 at 12:17 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: