Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

LHW (Sterling) vs. Virtuoso 2020

LHW (Sterling) vs. Virtuoso 2020

Old Mar 4, 20, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Question LHW (Sterling) vs. Virtuoso 2020

Hi there,

I’ve been a Leaders Club / Leaders Club Sterling member for a few years now but rethinking continuing to be subscribed to that program. I have always had great experiences at Leading Hotels, but Virtuoso appears to have many benefits the Leaders Club does not offer (and includes many LHW hotels), such as, regularly:
  • Guaranteed upgrade at time of booking (not just at check-in or limited to a few times per year)
  • Upgrades at time of booking not just from rooms to rooms but also to and among suites
  • Complimentary airport transfers
  • Complimentary full breakfast (not just continental, although this restriction I have never encountered at an LHW hotel in practice)
  • Credit vouchers of around $100
  • Welcome gift (has been taken out of the renewed Leaders Club program, but appears to have remained in practice)
Does anyone here have thoughts or experience on how Virtuoso compares to LHW in practice? On paper, the amenities seem much better. I am especially wondering on how the upgrading practices compare.

Regards!

Edit: I left out, but one should consider: Virtuoso doesn’t offer any rewards system to redeem free nights, whereas the points system at Leaders Club can get you free nights valued at around 6 to 8 % of your other spending minus the $150–$200 annual membership fee.

Last edited by PlatonistPlatypus; Mar 4, 20 at 2:24 pm Reason: Missing information
Old Mar 5, 20, 11:26 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
There are several threads in the Luxury Hotels Forums..... I think you'll find more details there
Old Mar 12, 20, 3:11 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by PlatonistPlatypus View Post
Hi there,

Iíve been a Leaders Club / Leaders Club Sterling member for a few years now but rethinking continuing to be subscribed to that program. I have always had great experiences at Leading Hotels, but Virtuoso appears to have many benefits the Leaders Club does not offer (and includes many LHW hotels), such as, regularly: ... Does anyone here have thoughts or experience on how Virtuoso compares to LHW in practice? On paper, the amenities seem much better. I am especially wondering on how the upgrading practices compare.

Regards!

Edit: I left out, but one should consider: Virtuoso doesnít offer any rewards system to redeem free nights, whereas the points system at Leaders Club can get you free nights valued at around 6 to 8 % of your other spending minus the $150Ė$200 annual membership fee.
I was wondering whether the Sterling status has any tangible benefits. How are you experiencing that?

My booking hierarchy is usually:
1. Virtuoso
2. LHW (I only have the basic membership status)
3. Direct

(And SLH on top, since I like their program, but that depends if I am looking for a boutique hotel or what the other choices are)

So, for hotels available via Virtuoso, I would not go for LHW usually.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: