Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

New My Millennium tier-free program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum

I just learned that My Millennium has switched to a tier-free program where points earned are doubled every time you stay 10 nights. They were never very generous regarding points, and mediocre at best after the change.

However, I used to be "Elite" with their old program, which was fairly easy (only 20 nights in a 12 month period year), and granted club lounge access (a huge benefit in my opinion) as well as the usual early checkin/late checkout, limited upgrades, etc. Such benefits are all gone under the new program, which --at least in my opinion-- leaves the program pretty useless.

What are those people thinking? I think it will cost them a lot of loyal customers who are basically losing all these benefits over a few additional points. I for one will not stay with them any more. It is just too bad that even my IHG spire does not give guaranteed club lounge access. Maybe I'll have to switch to HHonors instead.

I hope they come to senses after losing a lot of loyal customers but I guess that is just wishful thinking.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by herriebo
I just learned that My Millennium has switched to a tier-free program where points earned are doubled every time you stay 10 nights. They were never very generous regarding points, and mediocre at best after the change.

However, I used to be "Elite" with their old program, which was fairly easy (only 20 nights in a 12 month period year), and granted club lounge access (a huge benefit in my opinion) as well as the usual early checkin/late checkout, limited upgrades, etc. Such benefits are all gone under the new program, which --at least in my opinion-- leaves the program pretty useless.

What are those people thinking? I think it will cost them a lot of loyal customers who are basically losing all these benefits over a few additional points. I for one will not stay with them any more. It is just too bad that even my IHG spire does not give guaranteed club lounge access. Maybe I'll have to switch to HHonors instead.

I hope they come to senses after losing a lot of loyal customers but I guess that is just wishful thinking.
I sent an email to get request for status match from Marriott Titanium, and was also planning to book some upcoming travels in Asia through Millennium. They have some decent properties. But somehow their Tokyo Millennium property cannot be booked through their website, where as availability were wide open on OTA websites. After emailing them a few times asking if they can look into it, I never hear back from them in about 2 months.

Then miraculously they matched my status earlier this month, only to receive another email notifying me that they "refreshed" their loyalty program with "more streamlined benefits".
It's no wonder why they held off matching my status for months, because they were already prepared to devalue this program into nothing.
No big deal for me here. It's a pity I never get a chance to try their properties, but with this, there is no more incentive for me to bother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.