Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1064040-global-hotel-alliance-unveils-loyalty-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:05 am

Black benefits

Data point

For black members, Shanghai Kempinski offers double upgrade but do not offer executive lounge benefits and free breakfast if you are upgraded to executive rooms.

Book with caution. I was told to pay the walk in rates if I want to enjoy the lounge and Bf. Cheaper to pre-book an executive room if you need lounge access and breakfast.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Did anyone do the survery? Do you think they will move to a points based system?
That would be interesting.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I don't yet understand the new relationship with Hyatt. My concern is that the GHA program will just convert to Hyatt, and all my experiences and benefits will be terminated. Does anyone have a better understanding?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe you talking about Alila hotels?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:13 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I believe you talking about Alila hotels?
Thank you. Your comment made me read the email more carefully. You are correct that it is just that one brand - I had gotten worried over nothing.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
It looks like @DISCOVERYLady hasn't replied in awhile. I just realized I have 3 different GHA Discovery accounts with the same email address because I signed up on individual hotel sites through the years (and none of them apparently "talk" to each other). How do I go about combining accounts? I can't log into any of the hotel sites with any of the current 3 existing accounts - I assume because it's confused as it's the same email with different passwords? On the main Discovery site, I can only access 2 of the 3 accounts.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:55 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
It looks like @DISCOVERYLady hasn't replied in awhile. I just realized I have 3 different GHA Discovery accounts with the same email address because I signed up on individual hotel sites through the years (and none of them apparently "talk" to each other). How do I go about combining accounts? I can't log into any of the hotel sites with any of the current 3 existing accounts - I assume because it's confused as it's the same email with different passwords? On the main Discovery site, I can only access 2 of the 3 accounts.
Device sometimes referred to as a "telephone" (you call and talk to people in customer service) will fix your problems in this case. It worked for me.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
Anyone have the same problem with their eligible night not reflected at the dashboard? and have yours been resolved?

But under my past stay in my account, it reflected the hotel stay as eligible night. But dashboard doesn't reflect the same.

I'm sure it is not counted as it does not activite the double night promotion too!

The speed of GHA corresponding to email is a pain.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Sounds familiar

I also have many issues regarding the communication with GHA. It’s such a pain...
eligble nights get posted after +/- 12 days is my experience.

sometimes there’s a difference between nights in your dashboard and you history’s, all to blame their IT system which is rubbish.
but they will sync after a few days...
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Daandeluxe
I also have many issues regarding the communication with GHA. It’s such a pain...
eligble nights get posted after +/- 12 days is my experience.

sometimes there’s a difference between nights in your dashboard and you history’s, all to blame their IT system which is rubbish.
but they will sync after a few days...
Indeed the IT and super slow respond is the weakness to all these unnecessary waiting and chasing.

+- 12 days was rather a slow pain and I have raise the issue to the GHA team for almost 2 weeks and nothing much is done.

Their feedback auto reply mention you will get a reply within 48hrs was really a joke.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Originally Posted by IzoukI
Indeed the IT and super slow respond is the weakness to all these unnecessary waiting and chasing.

+- 12 days was rather a slow pain and I have raise the issue to the GHA team for almost 2 weeks and nothing much is done.

Their feedback auto reply mention you will get a reply within 48hrs was really a joke.
I’m not sure which program you signed up with in the first place?
if my nights don’t get posted I just get in contact with Kempinski (that’s my program) and they solve the issue...

GHA just don’t respond quickly and even when they respond it’s not guaranteed you’ll get the answer your looking for ;-)
Just keep chasing them and follow up with your initial hotel program.

Mind you, I do like the benefits and the program but their customer service is horrible.
They could have been partners with Qatar airways privilege club, also a pain in the *** to communicate with.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:36 am

I’m not sure which program you signed up with in the first place?
if my nights don’t get posted I just get in contact with Kempinski (that’s my program) and they solve the issue...

GHA just don’t respond quickly and even when they respond it’s not guaranteed you’ll get the answer your looking for ;-)
Just keep chasing them and follow up with your initial hotel program.

Mind you, I do like the benefits and the program but their customer service is horrible.
They could have been partners with Qatar airways privilege club, also a pain in the *** to communicate with.
I have contacted Anantara for my case and their respond was fast directly from the hotel that the night will be credited at their end but as it was a IT dashboard issue which they can only route back to GHA where the pain starts. =(
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:21 am

Platinum Local Award Experience Posting Issue

GHA Platinum and Black members recieve one (1) "Local Experience Award" for every GHA brand they stay in a calendar year. It resets every end of the year.

That being said, I stayed at 2 additional brands this year after achieving platinum status and none of them posted. It's been 2 months since I checked out.

Does GHA support have a new email? I still haven't received a response to my email sent almost 2 months ago.

P.S. My account isn't tied to any particular hotel brand, so I have to rely on GHA directly.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by GiovanGolf
GHA Platinum and Black members recieve one (1) "Local Experience Award" for every GHA brand they stay in a calendar year. It resets every end of the year.

That being said, I stayed at 2 additional brands this year after achieving platinum status and none of them posted. It's been 2 months since I checked out.

Does GHA support have a new email? I still haven't received a response to my email sent almost 2 months ago.

P.S. My account isn't tied to any particular hotel brand, so I have to rely on GHA directly.
What helped for me in a similar case is that I’ve reached out to them using the in-app request to claim a stay and submit a claim.
have you tried that already?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:19 am

What helped for me in a similar case is that I’ve reached out to them using the in-app request to claim a stay and submit a claim.
have you tried that already?
My stays have posted, but not the corresponding local experience awards. I contacted support again through the form in the GHA mobile app and the 72 hour-window they set themselves lapsed already. I'm being patient since I don't have any upcoming stays this year. This experience however is affecting my preference towards GHA, customer service may not exist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.