Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1064040-global-hotel-alliance-unveils-loyalty-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Daandeluxe
I have a runover of 12 nights from last year as a black member but this doesn't reflect in my Dashboard yet (still showing 0/30 stays)...
I'm trying to get this sorted with GHA but their response is sooooo slow and not helping much. I also still have to receive 2 local experiences from a stay in December and for my black membership extension.

I know Hilton is also not that responsive or helpful but this is getting ridiculous......
I'm in the same situation, but they actually replied my email (!!), seems like rollover nights will only be issued in Feb 2019.

Monitor and review..
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by DISCOVERYLady
yes, please contact the World Elite MasterCard concierge who can verify your cardmembership and send us the details on extending your status. Thanks for being a member!
MC World Elite concierge told me to contact them again closer to my current status expiration date, so that they will pass the request to GHA then to extend it for next year.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:15 pm

Rollover nights are being processed -- they should show up in your account soon -- thanks for your patience!!

please let us know if you have any issues... best wishes for great travels in 2019!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 4, 2019 at 4:04 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

DISCOVERYLady, thanks for your participation here! We love to have program reps around!

Do you have a Best Rate Guarantee program? As you may know, many hotel programs match rates found on other sites (and sometimes provide a further discount). I'm looking at two New Zealand hotels now, and the rates on discoveryloyalty are much higher -- like 400+ NZD vs 120-150 EUR on Expedia/Hotels/Agoda/etc. Obviously, I'd like to book direct, but not at a 30-50% premium.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
While I really enjoy the perks and brands in Discovery, their IT seems pretty poor at tracking nights, including bonus nights. This seems especially true when you are an Omni member. I had to submit multiple claims to assure I got credit.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:25 pm

Kempinski Chongqing

Has anyone stayed at Kempinski Chongqing as a GHA Black? Does the hotel give double upgrades as stated?

Am looking at 3 nights in CQ and am considering Kempinski. However I'm a little confused what benefits this hotel will give to a Black member as they seems to have 2 tiers, Kempinski Discovery and GHA.

Would it work if I email to Kempinski Discovery to request a status match from Hilton Diamond?

TIA!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
Do you have a Best Rate Guarantee program?
We do not offer a best rate guarantee as our member hotels provide and control the rates they give us and other sites they use. Our member rates should be lower than what you can find on other sites. Always make sure you are checking apples to apples on rates as some sites don't show taxes and other fess until the last step of the booking process... Thanks for enquiring!
Originally Posted by worldrally
Would it work if I email to Kempinski Discovery to request a status match from Hilton Diamond?
Wroldrally-- we would be happy to consider a status match to DISCOVERY based on your Hilton Diamond status. Please send your request and support documentation of your Hilton status to [email protected]. Happy travels!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 8, 2019 at 5:45 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by DISCOVERYLady
Wroldrally-- we would be happy to consider a status match to DISCOVERY based on your Hilton Diamond status. Please send your request and support documentation of your Hilton status to [email protected]. Happy travels!
Thank you @DISCOVERYLady!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 13, 2019 at 4:42 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:19 pm

I am new to Discovery Loyalty. I recently was matched to Black. I understand one of the benefits is a Local Experience when you stay at a new brand for the first time. However, during the status match I was also told I would receive my first Local Experience after my 30th night.

I am hoping to clarify if I will be eligible for a Local Experience after my first night at a brand or if I need to wait until after my 30th night. Thank you.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe local experience have to be earned by correct night (30 nights for black) not by status match.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Hi @DISCOVERYLady,

a quick question, if I still have 1 Black Local Experience but my Black status will lapse in Feb 2019.
Will I still be able to redeem the Local Experience in the following months or do I need to redeem it by the end of Feb?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 13, 2019 at 4:43 am Reason: added "@" tag to flag post for company rep's attention
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I believe local experience have to be earned by correct night (30 nights for black) not by status match.

So your understanding is to get any Local Experiences you have to first get your 30 night credits?

I see that you get Local Experiences in three ways:

• Members receive one Platinum Local Experience award upon reaching Platinum status, and another each year their status is renewed.

• Members receive one Black Local Experience award upon reaching Black status, and another each year their status is renewed.

• Platinum and Black members earn subsequent Local Experience awards every time they stay at a new DISCOVERY hotel brand; the Local Experience award will correspond to your current membership level.

But it sounds like in reality the third way to earn (in bold) only occurs after you meet the night requirements for that level? Maybe @DISCOVERYLady knows. If I have earned Black status through Status Match, am I eligible for Local Experience awards for each stay at a new brand? Or do I first need to reach 30 nights?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
• Platinum and Black members earn subsequent Local Experience awards every time they stay at a new DISCOVERY hotel brand; the Local Experience award will correspond to your current membership level.
I assume "subsequent" is pretty clear. One has to get the first by nights qualification.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
So your understanding is to get any Local Experiences you have to first get your 30 night credits?

I see that you get Local Experiences in three ways:

• Members receive one Platinum Local Experience award upon reaching Platinum status, and another each year their status is renewed.

• Members receive one Black Local Experience award upon reaching Black status, and another each year their status is renewed.

But it sounds like in reality the third way to earn (in bold) only occurs after you meet the night requirements for that level? Maybe @DISCOVERYLady knows. If I have earned Black status through Status Match, am I eligible for Local Experience awards for each stay at a new brand? Or do I first need to reach 30 nights?
Yes - to earn a Local Experience award by staying at a brand that you were not enrolled in you must already be at the Platinum or Black level and have stayed the required 10 nights for Platinum or 30 nights for Black. The good news is once you have hit the number of night thresholds, all you have to do is stay in a new brand once and you will get another Local Experience. And there is no limit on how many new brands you can earn on in a year... you just can only earn on the new brand once per calendar year... E.g. Enrolled at Brand A + stay 10 nights = Platinum and 1 Local Experience..... then stay at Brand B --- get another Local Experience, then stay at Brand C and get another Local Experience, etc... Let me know if you have questions... happy hunting for new brands to try!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:26 am

Hi @DISCOVERYLady, appreciate your thorough explanation.

Kinda curious, what should I expect in my situation?

I had my Black status renewed for 2019 (this should be 1 Local Experience)
With the rollover nights from 2018, I had 11 nights rolled into 2019.
Managed to stay at an Avani (new brand to me) in Jan 2019. (this should also be 1 Local Experience?)

Should I be expecting 1 Black Local Experience and 1 Platinum Local Experience, or 2 Black Local Experiences credited to my account this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.