Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1064040-global-hotel-alliance-unveils-loyalty-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:10 am

Estratos -- sorry for the delay in responding to your question!

There are two ways you can upgrade your existing DISCOVERY status based on your membership in A Small World.

1) You can contact our DISCOVERY Membership Services department at [email protected] with your membership information for both DISCOVERY and A Small World. Membership Services will verify with A Small World and then upgrade your DISCOVERY status.

2) You can contact A Small World directly with the the same information and A Small World would send our Membership Services department the upgrade request.

Please post again if this does not work for you!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:59 am

Hi. My Citi Prestige Card has World Elite Mastercard logo. Does that mean I can use it to get moved up to Discovery Black?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:04 pm

We currently have a partnership with MasterCard World Elite in the Middle East in which credit cards issued in the ME can receive Black level membership in the DISCOVERY programme. If your card is issued by a bank or financial institution in the Middle East, please contact the concierge service which supports that credit card and ask them to upgrade you to Black level status. Let me know if you have additional questions!
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: GHA black
red level

Dear discovery lady, could you pls. answer the question about the gha red level. Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:14 am

Arturo -- thanks for your inquiry.

Red level in the DISCOVERY program is a non-published tier that is offered by invitation only based on recommendations by our GHA and member brands' senior executives. Black elite level is the highest earned level in DISCOVERY at the current time. We are constantly reviewing our elite levels and benefits to provide the best program we can to our members. Thanks for enquiring.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:22 pm

Dear DISCOVERYLady

Regarding to local experiences, Is it possible if i redeem multiple local experiences in 1 night?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by seba
Dear DISCOVERYLady

Regarding to local experiences, Is it possible if i redeem multiple local experiences in 1 night?
I'm not her but I can tell you it is possible, since I've done it myself. There are actually quite a lot of Local Experiences these days that you can redeem in 0 nights - in other words without making a stay. The idea is that if you don't have time to redeem a Local Experience on your trip but you happen to live in a place that has a GHA hotel then you can redeem one at your local hotel on a day that suits you.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bossarb
I'm not her but I can tell you it is possible, since I've done it myself. There are actually quite a lot of Local Experiences these days that you can redeem in 0 nights - in other words without making a stay. The idea is that if you don't have time to redeem a Local Experience on your trip but you happen to live in a place that has a GHA hotel then you can redeem one at your local hotel on a day that suits you.
Thanks mate,

I have a lot Black LE to burn, I am planning to use 4 LE in 1 nights
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by seba
I have a lot Black LE to burn, I am planning to use 4 LE in 1 nights
Great! The more the merrier!! Let me know what you redeem for and how you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by Bossarb
There are actually quite a lot of Local Experiences these days that you can redeem in 0 nights - in other words without making a stay. The idea is that if you don't have time to redeem a Local Experience on your trip but you happen to live in a place that has a GHA hotel then you can redeem one at your local hotel on a day that suits you.
Bossarb - thanks for chiming in! We have over 2,300 Local Experiences -- all DISCOVERY hotels are asked to offer at least 3 Platinum and 2 Black level Local Experiences at all times -- about half of our Local Experiences have "no stay required" so you can take advantage of them in your own hometown when you have more time...Many offer a great local escape such as a spa treatment or dining or cultural experience that can be enjoyed even when aren't traveling... ! If anyone has had a great experience with their Local Experience redemption whether on their stay with us or not, please post - Would love to hear how you enjoyed them and what are your favorite types of experiences!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 4, 2019 at 4:18 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:42 am

Hello DISCOVERYLady,
Does Discovery match HIlton Honors Diamond? I recently sent a request via email to [email protected] but have yet to receive a reply.
I have about 40 nights in SE Asia coming up and would love to try hotels that belong to your program.
Thank you.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:50 pm

Dear DISCOVERYLady

Every time i book 2 room, they only credit 1 room. and always need to claim my nights
It happens every time
your system is suck
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
GHA Hotels don’t provide the status benefits unless you book on GHA website or Hotels own site

Suggest you check both GHA website & Hotel site, some hotels offer additional perks for booking on their website like upgrades at check in & breakfast included that are not available on the GHA website
I was just wondering about this. I booked Anantara Siem Reap where they offer complimentary airport transfers etc. I booked through the GHA website as I already have a Rydges account and I didn't want to sign up to an Anantara account as well but still wanted the nights to count towards GHA status. I'm now not sure if I will receive the airport transfers because I booked through the GHA website. I'm wondering if I'm better off booking direct with the hotel in future. But I don't want to create logins and sign up to every GHA brand.

I've emailed the hotel. Found their address through Tripadvisor so hopefully that works. I'm hoping they pick us up from the airport.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by DISCOVERYLady
We currently have a partnership with MasterCard World Elite in the Middle East in which credit cards issued in the ME can receive Black level membership in the DISCOVERY programme. If your card is issued by a bank or financial institution in the Middle East, please contact the concierge service which supports that credit card and ask them to upgrade you to Black level status. Let me know if you have additional questions!
How about MasterCard World Elite credit cards issued in US? Does same benefit apply?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi DISCOVERYLady, I'm trying to book 2 nights at the Siam Kempinski on 10/28-10/30 booking directly via your website at GHA, but it's odd that only suites are showing as available.
Whereas if I book via OTA, they have all entry tiered rooms (superior/deluxe) available, also they are showing if booked directly on the Kempinski website. Do I get benefits if I booked directly with the hotel itself?

I'm currently Plat Premier with Marriott/SPG, thinking of doing a status match/challenge.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat
Hi DISCOVERYLady,

Great to have you on here - thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by DISCOVERYLady
Bossarb - thanks for chiming in! We have over 2,300 Local Experiences -- all DISCOVERY hotels are asked to offer at least 3 Platinum and 2 Black level Local Experiences at all times -- about half of our Local Experiences have "no stay required" so you can take advantage of them in your own hometown when you have more time...Many offer a great local escape such as a spa treatment or dining or cultural experience that can be enjoyed even when aren't traveling... ! If anyone has had a great experience with their Local Experience redemption whether on their stay with us or not, please post - Would love to hear how you enjoyed them and what are your favorite types of experiences!
I've had a great local experience in the past - really nice benefit of the programme, especially on leisure trips which allow a little more time for these things (!)

I was interested by your comment that around half are no stay required. I've just checked for London (travelling further for leisure is harder with the addition of a little one!) - there are none in London which have no stay required. I then looked wider across the UK without any more luck... of the 58 local experiences in the UK, only 2 are no stay required (both in Bristol). Would love to get your thoughts on this - has there been a change of policy?

Many thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.