Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (2018-Present)

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (2018-Present)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...y-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 1, 20, 4:15 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
So basically no way to reach to GHA support anymore?
Old Jan 1, 20, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93 View Post
So basically no way to reach to GHA support anymore?
Just an update to all. The stay claim request worked, but it took 5 days before I received a response, which is way over the 72-hour window they've set for themselves. The email response notified the local experience award credits have been deposited into my account. It's odd to have to follow-up on a local experience credit 2 months after a stay, which is supposedly automated.

Support of GHA is borderline non-existent, but does well when available.

I do however love the unique approach to rewarding loyalty, which is why I have GHA as my secondary hotel rewards program.

Last edited by GiovanGolf; Jan 4, 20 at 8:07 pm Reason: edit
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:18 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by GiovanGolf View Post
I do however love the unique approach to rewarding loyalty, which is why I have GHA as my secondary hotel rewards program.
Hmm, I actually think they have so little following exactly because there is no points game.
Old Jan 4, 20, 8:30 pm

The points-game loyalty reward program is commonplace among the major hotel chains. I would think more nights in a hotel as a loyalty reward may not exactly be rewarding to those who travel frequently enough to achieve top-tier status in the major loyalty-programs. GHA has positioned itself as a buffer between other hotel rewards programs, occasional stays for a change of pace. GHA Discovery's property footprint can't compete with the likes of Hilton, Marriott, and Hyatt, so offering something unique makes more sense. It's a secondary hotel loyalty rewards program at best, but a good one at that.
Old Jan 12, 20, 9:20 am

I just hope that Minor and NH Hotel Group will be smart to keep NH Rewards instead of GHA while merging protfolio.
Old Jan 13, 20, 3:02 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black
For additional local experiences you have to follow up as I stayed at 6 brands last year and had to follow up to recieve my awards at each of them!

I agree I do like their experiences but would like if they had something akin to free nights or something as I am discouraged from F+B spend at a hotel as I wont be getting points on that like i would in the other chains.
Old Jan 15, 20, 12:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Agreed with no incentives on f&b spending,
However, I was lucky that all my local experience, night counts, and promotional night counts was counted without issue.

And about NH rewards, I hope the opposite

To be honest, Minor hotels ties with GHA most likely will end up NH hotels joins GHA stable.

Too bad DISCOVERYLady no longer active, else it would be interesting to know if there are any new brands or changes coming into GHA
Old Jan 16, 20, 3:32 am

Has anyone reached out to Discovery Loyalty to see if they still match up to BLACK tier? I was told best to contact them at the start of the year to get a whole years benefit if matched

Search this Thread
Search Engine: