Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (2018-Present)

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (2018-Present)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...y-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 25, 19, 10:05 am
  #106  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Black benefits

Data point

For black members, Shanghai Kempinski offers double upgrade but do not offer executive lounge benefits and free breakfast if you are upgraded to executive rooms.

Book with caution. I was told to pay the walk in rates if I want to enjoy the lounge and Bf. Cheaper to pre-book an executive room if you need lounge access and breakfast.
tengyan2704 is offline  
Old Sep 27, 19, 2:55 pm
  #107  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Gold, Skywards : Gold
Posts: 1,560
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
Did anyone do the survery? Do you think they will move to a points based system?
That would be interesting.
kaizen7 is offline  
Old Sep 27, 19, 2:57 pm
  #108  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
Posts: 5,126
I don't yet understand the new relationship with Hyatt. My concern is that the GHA program will just convert to Hyatt, and all my experiences and benefits will be terminated. Does anyone have a better understanding?
sbrower is offline  
Old Sep 28, 19, 12:39 am
  #109  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Gold, Skywards : Gold
Posts: 1,560
I believe you talking about Alila hotels?
kaizen7 is offline  
Old Sep 28, 19, 11:13 am
  #110  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
Posts: 5,126
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
I believe you talking about Alila hotels?
Thank you. Your comment made me read the email more carefully. You are correct that it is just that one brand - I had gotten worried over nothing.
sbrower is offline  
Old Nov 7, 19, 12:06 am
  #111  
formerly AtomicLush
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ORD (formerly SAN)
Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire; Airline Free Agent (DH = AA EXP)
Posts: 1,700
It looks like @DISCOVERYLady hasn't replied in awhile. I just realized I have 3 different GHA Discovery accounts with the same email address because I signed up on individual hotel sites through the years (and none of them apparently "talk" to each other). How do I go about combining accounts? I can't log into any of the hotel sites with any of the current 3 existing accounts - I assume because it's confused as it's the same email with different passwords? On the main Discovery site, I can only access 2 of the 3 accounts.
TravelLawyer is offline  
Old Nov 7, 19, 10:55 pm
  #112  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Programs: AA (Life Plat), Starwood (Plat) and every other US program
Posts: 5,126
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer View Post
It looks like @DISCOVERYLady hasn't replied in awhile. I just realized I have 3 different GHA Discovery accounts with the same email address because I signed up on individual hotel sites through the years (and none of them apparently "talk" to each other). How do I go about combining accounts? I can't log into any of the hotel sites with any of the current 3 existing accounts - I assume because it's confused as it's the same email with different passwords? On the main Discovery site, I can only access 2 of the 3 accounts.
Device sometimes referred to as a "telephone" (you call and talk to people in customer service) will fix your problems in this case. It worked for me.
sbrower is offline  
Old Nov 12, 19, 6:51 pm
  #113  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SIN
Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
Posts: 50
Anyone have the same problem with their eligible night not reflected at the dashboard? and have yours been resolved?

But under my past stay in my account, it reflected the hotel stay as eligible night. But dashboard doesn't reflect the same.

I'm sure it is not counted as it does not activite the double night promotion too!

The speed of GHA corresponding to email is a pain.
IzoukI is offline  
Old Nov 16, 19, 1:37 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Posts: 64
Sounds familiar

I also have many issues regarding the communication with GHA. Itís such a pain...
eligble nights get posted after +/- 12 days is my experience.

sometimes thereís a difference between nights in your dashboard and you historyís, all to blame their IT system which is rubbish.
but they will sync after a few days...
Daandeluxe is offline  
Old Nov 16, 19, 10:50 pm
  #115  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SIN
Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by Daandeluxe View Post
I also have many issues regarding the communication with GHA. Itís such a pain...
eligble nights get posted after +/- 12 days is my experience.

sometimes thereís a difference between nights in your dashboard and you historyís, all to blame their IT system which is rubbish.
but they will sync after a few days...
Indeed the IT and super slow respond is the weakness to all these unnecessary waiting and chasing.

+- 12 days was rather a slow pain and I have raise the issue to the GHA team for almost 2 weeks and nothing much is done.

Their feedback auto reply mention you will get a reply within 48hrs was really a joke.
IzoukI is offline  
Old Nov 17, 19, 10:23 pm
  #116  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by IzoukI View Post
Indeed the IT and super slow respond is the weakness to all these unnecessary waiting and chasing.

+- 12 days was rather a slow pain and I have raise the issue to the GHA team for almost 2 weeks and nothing much is done.

Their feedback auto reply mention you will get a reply within 48hrs was really a joke.
Iím not sure which program you signed up with in the first place?
if my nights donít get posted I just get in contact with Kempinski (thatís my program) and they solve the issue...

GHA just donít respond quickly and even when they respond itís not guaranteed youíll get the answer your looking for ;-)
Just keep chasing them and follow up with your initial hotel program.

Mind you, I do like the benefits and the program but their customer service is horrible.
They could have been partners with Qatar airways privilege club, also a pain in the *** to communicate with.
Daandeluxe is offline  
Old Nov 18, 19, 2:36 am
  #117  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SIN
Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by Daandeluxe View Post
Iím not sure which program you signed up with in the first place?
if my nights donít get posted I just get in contact with Kempinski (thatís my program) and they solve the issue...

GHA just donít respond quickly and even when they respond itís not guaranteed youíll get the answer your looking for ;-)
Just keep chasing them and follow up with your initial hotel program.

Mind you, I do like the benefits and the program but their customer service is horrible.
They could have been partners with Qatar airways privilege club, also a pain in the *** to communicate with.
I have contacted Anantara for my case and their respond was fast directly from the hotel that the night will be credited at their end but as it was a IT dashboard issue which they can only route back to GHA where the pain starts. =(
IzoukI is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 5:21 am
  #118  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 12
Platinum Local Award Experience Posting Issue

GHA Platinum and Black members recieve one (1) "Local Experience Award" for every GHA brand they stay in a calendar year. It resets every end of the year.

That being said, I stayed at 2 additional brands this year after achieving platinum status and none of them posted. It's been 2 months since I checked out.

Does GHA support have a new email? I still haven't received a response to my email sent almost 2 months ago.

P.S. My account isn't tied to any particular hotel brand, so I have to rely on GHA directly.
GiovanGolf is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 11:11 am
  #119  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by GiovanGolf View Post
GHA Platinum and Black members recieve one (1) "Local Experience Award" for every GHA brand they stay in a calendar year. It resets every end of the year.

That being said, I stayed at 2 additional brands this year after achieving platinum status and none of them posted. It's been 2 months since I checked out.

Does GHA support have a new email? I still haven't received a response to my email sent almost 2 months ago.

P.S. My account isn't tied to any particular hotel brand, so I have to rely on GHA directly.
What helped for me in a similar case is that Iíve reached out to them using the in-app request to claim a stay and submit a claim.
have you tried that already?
Daandeluxe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread