Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (2018-Present)

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (2018-Present)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...y-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 1, 20, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by Estratos View Post
I have an existing Discovery account and I'm a member of "A small world". Can I get upgraded to Platinum? The only option I see on ASW website is to open a new account at Platinum level.
Hi Estratos, you can send an email to our Membership Services team on [email protected]. A representative from our team will assist you with your status match.
Old Jun 6, 20, 5:12 am
Hyatt 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
DISCOVERY Loyalty can you please comment on post #148 above from Travel4Love ?
Old Jun 22, 20, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP 75K
Hello Discovery Loyalty - Does the GHA Discovery do any status matching? I have Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond...etc. but wanted to try a new program like GHA Discovery. Thank you.
Old Jun 22, 20, 10:51 pm

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
Hello Discovery Loyalty - Does the GHA Discovery do any status matching? I have Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond...etc. but wanted to try a new program like GHA Discovery. Thank you.
I was in a similar situation as you and I asked for status match because 2020 is the perfect year to try other programs such as GHA since our status is extended to 2021 for Marriott+Hilton+Hyatt. The answer from GHA was that they will give you a bump up of one. If you are a basic member they will match you to Platinum. If you are Platinum they will bump you to Black.

Given that currently there is a promo of double night credit until end of August, you have these two options:
1. Stay 5 nights as basic member (x2 = 10 nights required for Plat) then ask for match to Black
2. Ask for match right away, and stay 15 nights (x2 = 30 nights) as Platinum to reach Black
Old Jun 24, 20, 10:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
DISCOVERY Loyalty , does Meydan Hotels UAE still part of GHA?
Old Jun 26, 20, 2:09 pm

Programs: HH Gold; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire
‘“Given that currently there is a promo of double night credit until end of August, you have these two options:”’

I’ve found the Omni double credits for a free night but I can not find any Discovery double night status offer for this year. Do you have a link?
Old Jun 27, 20, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by GrandOldTurkey View Post
I can not find any Discovery double night status offer for this year. Do you have a link?
https://www.discoveryloyalty.com/mem...=O20DBLPTSPLAT
Old Jun 27, 20, 10:36 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Or if you are gold, and want Platinum after a 2 night stay
https://www.discoveryloyalty.com/mem...ode=O20GLD2PLT
escape4 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 20, 11:03 am

Is Pan Pacific Discovery and GHA the same program? I saw certain offer for Park Royal hotel specifically stated discount for Pan Pacific Discovery. Does it mean that GHA member not eligible for that discount?
Old Jul 3, 20, 1:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP 75K
Is this targeted? I can't sign up for this.
Old Jul 3, 20, 5:34 am

Not that I know of, but it could be? I see it on the left side of my dashboard under "my updates"
Old Jul 3, 20, 6:45 am

you can contact the customer service. The promo is eligible for current platinum or black members only

Search this Thread
Search Engine: