Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

La Quinta Returns program ending; act ASAP if you don't want to lose your points!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Quinta Returns program ending; act ASAP if you don't want to lose your points!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Exclamation La Quinta Returns program ending; act ASAP if you don't want to lose your points!!!

See the full scoop here:

https://www.lq.com/en/wyndham

If you already are both an LQ member and WR member, make sure you link your accounts ASAP if you haven't already and then transfer your points by 3/31, since the transfer ratio will be cut in half (for those not LQ Gold or LQ Elite) at that point.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I'm La Quinta Elite and have been for years. Yesterday I opened a Wyndham rewards account and clicked on the match my status button. It matched me to Platinum, but when I went back later in the day to check, the status had been downgraded to Gold. This morning it's still showing Gold.

I have to phone, but I think La Quinta rewards people are going to get shafted in this changeover, especially people who aren't at the higher status levels. I'm not transferring any of my 60K points until the last minute, and it would apparently be done automatically, but I don't trust them. I have La Quinta stays at the end of March, what a mess.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Dianne47
I'm La Quinta Elite and have been for years. Yesterday I opened a Wyndham rewards account and clicked on the match my status button. It matched me to Platinum, but when I went back later in the day to check, the status had been downgraded to Gold. This morning it's still showing Gold.

I have to phone, but I think La Quinta rewards people are going to get shafted in this changeover, especially people who aren't at the higher status levels. I'm not transferring any of my 60K points until the last minute, and it would apparently be done automatically, but I don't trust them. I have La Quinta stays at the end of March, what a mess.
I'm tempted to say that you are better off transferring your points now, while you are at the 1:1 ratio, unless you have a pending use for them soon, otherwise you will be stuck at the 2:1 ratio which will hurt you. As for your current stay at end of month, see if it post quickly and them transfer it. As for status, LQ Elite is after 25 nights or 7 stays, whereas Wyndham Gold is 5 nights, 15 for Platinum, I would call and see why the downgrade, since on nights along you should be PLT. Good luck.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
Originally Posted by sdsearch
the transfer ratio will be cut in half (for those not LQ Gold or LQ Elite) at that point.
Originally Posted by Dianne47
I'm La Quinta Elite
I'm tempted to say that you are better off transferring your points now, while you are at the 1:1 ratio, unless you have a pending use for them soon, otherwise you will be stuck at the 2:1 ratio which will hurt you.
Please read carefully. The person you were replying to said they are LQ Elite, and LQ Elite and Gold members will stay at 1:1, it's only people without any status LQ which wtll be stuck at the 2:1.
Dianne47 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:49 am

I have an existing reservation at LQ for mid April. Should I give them my LQ number or Wyndham number at check in?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
The Wyndham program will take over on April 3. I have no idea what will be happening with rewards numbers. Give them your Wyndham number at check-in and double check your receipt on check-out to be sure your points will be credited. I've made several phone calls to both La Quinta and Wyndham regarding the changeover and could not get ANY answers. Just super long hold times and a repetitive "I can't answer that." To every question I had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.