Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Premier Inn - Whitbread - UK - bringing in pod style rooms

Old Oct 22, 18, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest, Aegean & some other almost useless M&M programs; BA One World; spg; HHonors; Accor...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45940657

This looks like fun. 8.8m2 rooms - luggage optional! But it does makes sense for cities like London and Edinburgh where the cost of accommodation can be quite appalling.
Old Mar 18, 19, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA, Hhonors Gold
I'm surprised there is no dedicated Premier Inn thread. I understand it's the largest hotel chain in the UK now, and rapidly expanding in Germany.

I've stayed at the Hub Inn Spitalfields a couple of times and quite liked it. It's in between this new, bare-bones offering and their regular hotels. Very small rooms, but smartly designed and with nice bathrooms. They're marketed as this super hi-tech urban alternative, but what's great is you can get a nice room in a great location for way less than what others charge. I've actually booked another stay at the Hub Inn Kings Cross. (Fastest internet I've ever experienced at a hotel as well.)

The company seems to be doing really, really well. They just sold off Costa Coffee (which was formerly also part of Whitbread). I wish they'd come to the U.S.

I guess they don't have any kind of loyalty program? Giving people nice rooms at a good price is enough to keep guests coming back!

I'd be interested in hearing from others more experienced with these properties, since my exposure is so limited.

Search this Thread