Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Do I have the right to change the room everday?

Old Jul 18, 18, 3:56 am
Original Poster

If I'm booking at the same hotel everyday - basically booking and paying for an extra night before check out time - do I have the right to change my room so that I would be in a different room for the booked date (which is an hour after my booking if I'm booking an hour before check out)?
This of course provided they do have available rooms.

Example: I book and pay in advance for July 18, 2018 - July 19, 2018. Check out time is 12:00PM. I book for July 19, 2018 - July 20, 2018 at 11:00PM on July 19, 2018. Do I have the right to have a different room if they have availability for my July 19, 2018 booking?

Last edited by Mikedee; Jul 18, 18 at 4:22 am
Old Jul 18, 18, 4:10 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
In practical terms you have the right to go down to the lobby, check out, wait until check in time (2-3 hours) and check back into a room that has been prepared for a new guest. You can ask, but the hotel is entitled to assign you the same room you previously had.

If the purpose of this time waste is to generate loyalty program stays then you should be aware that many now aggregate back to back stays into one
Old Jul 18, 18, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks ajeleonard

Do they have the right to know if I am extending or not and if I am, to demand I book/extend (pay) before my check out time is due?
Old Jul 18, 18, 5:39 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Mikedee View Post
Thanks ajeleonard

Do they have the right to know if I am extending or not and if I am, to demand I book/extend (pay) before my check out time is due?
Using the word 'extend' implies keeping the same room / same reservation, in which case it's not unreasonable for the hotel to want you to tell them you are intending to stay for longer prior to you originally intended departure time. If you're just talking about making separate reservations and physically checking out and in, then obviously not, and they wouldn't even know unless you indicated to them
Old Jul 18, 18, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
Using the word 'extend' implies keeping the same room / same reservation, in which case it's not unreasonable for the hotel to want you to tell them you are intending to stay for longer prior to you originally intended departure time. If you're just talking about making separate reservations and physically checking out and in, then obviously not, and they wouldn't even know unless you indicated to them
Let me see if I got this right. They have the right to know whether I am making another booking or not, prior to my check out time? Btw, this is for booking made through an online booking agent...guaranteed booking.

Last edited by Mikedee; Jul 18, 18 at 6:08 am
Old Jul 27, 18, 12:19 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Maybe it would help if you'd share why you are asking? If you don't like tour room, just tell them the reason and ask for another...
The hotel doesn't have a "right to know". You can book, check out of your room at 12noon. You can check into any available room at check in time, 2 or 3pm.... or, run the risk of being walked in case the hotel is oversold, which will not only get you a different room, but different hotel!