Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Harbin Shangri-La et al caught using toilet brush to wash cups and basins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Three well-known hotels in northeastern China have failed basic hygiene checks after cleaning staff were filmed using the same brush to clean lavatories, wash basins and even crockery, state media has reported.

The three hotels are Harbin Shangri-La, Harbin Kempinski and Sheraton Harbin. It sounds revolting.

Chinese hotel cleaners caught using toilet brush to wash cups and basins | South China Morning Post
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Revolting
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:27 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Revolting
Absolutely.

One of the reasons I frequently choose chain hotels is because I'm thinking they have more professional cleaning. I'm sure Sheraton, Le Meridien and Shangri-La have decent policies but there seems to be trouble with enforcement. (It seems a reporter's hidden camera uncovered this.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.