Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on hotel rewards programs

Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus AAdvantage La Quinta Returns

Hello All-
Right now I am a part of LQ rewards which I love, as I don't do international trips so it works for what I need which is a night here a night there (I work for an airline so it's a lot of non revenue trips) Next year however I do plan on doing some international trips Italy maybe Hong Kong Korea Japan and was wondering who I should consider getting points with. I would prefer someone with a status matching program as I am the black level with LQ. Thank you all for any suggestions you may have.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetMan19
Hello All-
Right now I am a part of LQ rewards which I love, as I don't do international trips so it works for what I need which is a night here a night there (I work for an airline so it's a lot of non revenue trips) Next year however I do plan on doing some international trips Italy maybe Hong Kong Korea Japan and was wondering who I should consider getting points with. I would prefer someone with a status matching program as I am the black level with LQ. Thank you all for any suggestions you may have.
You need to research what chain hotels are available in the specific places you plan to visit. What might be a good program for some cities in Japan (such as Choice for Tokyo or Kyoto, but only Marriott for out by the Fuji Five Lakes) might not work at all for Hong Kong, for example. So if you want just one program that will work in all the places you want to visit, you want to put together a list of which chains are in all of the places you want to visit.

In fact, even in the USA, if you go to various National Parks, there's only Choice outside one, only Best Western outside another, and only WynhdamRewards outside yet another. You might hot have realized that if all your travels so far were related to work flights, but if you roamed the US for other reasons you might realized even LQ doesn't get you everywhere.

Me, since I travel so widely (and am into National Parks and other rural sights), I find I need a lot of programs. Some programs tend to work better for bigger cities, while other programs tend to work better for smaller towns. And some programs works better in one region of the world, while others work better in another region of the world (or specific country, or specific city in that country).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.