Loews Hotels Platinum Benefit

Old Mar 8, 16, 3:22 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Programs: Alaska MVP, Kimpton IC,Hilton Diamond,Costco Exec,Safeway Club Card
Posts: 283
Loews Hotels Platinum Benefit

Can any Loews Platinum status members elaborate on the "special welcome" benefit as well as the "Spa, Golf, or Food & Beverage Credit Valued at $100"?

Is the "special welcome" unique to each property?

Is the credit $100/per stay to do with as you wish or do properties specifically dictate what it can be used on?
RogerMurdock is offline  
Old Mar 8, 16, 4:02 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: BNA (ex YYZ)
Programs: OW Saphire, AA PLT 1MM, UA & Alitalia Gold, Hilton Diamond, Loews PLT, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Posts: 164
The welcome gift can vary by property, sometimes it's local items (I recall a Mardi Gras mask and a couple of free cocktail coupons at the Loews New Orleans), sometimes a bottle of wine (or wine and cheese tray if you get lucky). You can always call the hotel and ask, sometimes they will even give you a choice ahead of time. Once you stay at the same Loews a few times, they may get more generous as well.

As for the $100, I've used it on food, drinks and spa (though I think if you are at Ventana Canyon in Tucson you can use it towards golf).

Make sure you call and get your suite upgrade right after you make your reservation, sometimes it doesn't automatically come through.
TheFlyingFoodie is offline  
Old Mar 8, 16, 8:28 pm
  #3  
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 11,396
Originally Posted by TheFlyingFoodie View Post
Make sure you call and get your suite upgrade right after you make your reservation, sometimes it doesn't automatically come through.
I usually call to make my reservation and get the upgrade right then and there. Of course most of my stays are for pleasure and I can be a bit flexible with my dates to make sure I get a suite.

My daughter loves the Royal Pacific (Orlando) amenity of a pitcher of milk and a couple of huge cookies.

One thing to be careful of with the $100 benefit is to make sure the rate you are staying at comes with the YouFirst benefits. A lot of "discounted" rates don't come with all your Plat benefits.
hhoope01 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 16, 10:19 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Programs: Alaska MVP, Kimpton IC,Hilton Diamond,Costco Exec,Safeway Club Card
Posts: 283
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
I usually call to make my reservation and get the upgrade right then and there. Of course most of my stays are for pleasure and I can be a bit flexible with my dates to make sure I get a suite.

My daughter loves the Royal Pacific (Orlando) amenity of a pitcher of milk and a couple of huge cookies.

One thing to be careful of with the $100 benefit is to make sure the rate you are staying at comes with the YouFirst benefits. A lot of "discounted" rates don't come with all your Plat benefits.
"Discounted" rates meaning 3rd party bookings?

I assume that Plat benefits will be provided on rooms booked direct through Loews even on a rate promo/sale?
RogerMurdock is offline  
Old Mar 10, 16, 10:23 am
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 90,440
Originally Posted by RogerMurdock View Post
"Discounted" rates meaning 3rd party bookings?

I assume that Plat benefits will be provided on rooms booked direct through Loews even on a rate promo/sale?
Not exclusively. I lost all interest in Loews after realizing that to get benefits you must almost be paying a rack rate rather than various discount rate plans offered directly by Loews. That $100 "benefit" can cost far more than it's worth.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Mar 10, 16, 11:33 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Programs: Alaska MVP, Kimpton IC,Hilton Diamond,Costco Exec,Safeway Club Card
Posts: 283
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Not exclusively. I lost all interest in Loews after realizing that to get benefits you must almost be paying a rack rate rather than various discount rate plans offered directly by Loews. That $100 "benefit" can cost far more than it's worth.
That's a pretty bad policy. I am not interested in paying a premium (when booking direct) just to have my earned status acknowledged.

Is the $100 credit that only Plat benefit that you forgo when booking discounted rates or does the suite upgrade and welcome amenity disappear too?
RogerMurdock is offline  
Old Mar 11, 16, 5:07 pm
  #7  
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 11,396
Originally Posted by RogerMurdock View Post
Is the $100 credit that only Plat benefit that you forgo when booking discounted rates or does the suite upgrade and welcome amenity disappear too?
Technically, those should also disappear. The suite upgrade will not be there as you won't be able to get the suite upgrade when you make the reservation, but I've still received the arrival amenity before even when the hotel didn't have to offer it.

And I would say that most of the time when I make a reservation online, I do get my elite benefits, but not always.
hhoope01 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 17, 3:09 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 29
Does anyone know if the $100 Platinum benefit would be in addition to the $100 AMEX FHR benefit, yielding a $200 per stay credit?
SQNfan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: