Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Karma Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Greater reward availability...Bad Karma!

Taken from FAQ under "good stuff" with grammatical error left in...

[Why do Inner Circle members have no blackout dates when redeeming free nights?

Just another way to make them feel extra special. Free night rewards are good for one deluxe category room. If a hotel has a deluxe category room available then an Inner Circle members can redeem a free night reward, without restriction.]

Bunk!

Just tried to redeem a reward at a property in September that shows Deluxe Guest Rooms for King and Doubles. Was told that there were no rooms available for redemption. I referenced the faq above and after a brief hold, was genuinely thanked for pointing out the discrepancy and that a supervisor will make sure that the wording is clarified to include the words "certificate availability." "We are still working out the kinks."

Bad Karma!

Still haven't sifted through all of the changes yet, but in my experience greater award availability has not happened.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
I'm going to second the suggestion for clarity in the suite upgrade language. I know many of us SPG converts came over because we were sick and tired of the front desks of SPG hotels trying to weasel out of giving plats suite upgrades.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by KimptonInTouch
Hi SJC,

Thanks for your post. Due to a few small glitches, some tracking may not be displaying at the moment. Please know that we’re working on this and that there is no problem with data integrity. All of your info is safe and sound so if you have any questions feel free to call our Karma Advisors at 888-695-4678.

And please note – suites were never guaranteed, but often given if available. That hasn’t changed!
Hi Susan - As an Air Canada SE100 and Marriott Platinum, all I would ask is you continue the level of engagement that the others cannot (or will not?) deliver on FT. Thank you!

Quick question - how are the new hotel opening "free night" offers for Inner Circle going to be managed/launched in the future? Seemed quite loose and unpredictable in the past, not always coinciding with the actual openings. Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:00 pm
Company Representative - Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants

Programs: Kimpton Karma Rewards
New Hotels Offer

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your post. I'm happy to answer questions; if you ever don't hear from me it's because I don't want to seem like I'm 'running' the page or trying to control the conversation. You FlyerTalkers know what you're doing.

As for the New Hotel Offer, it's one of our favorite Inner Circle perks for our members. If it seems inconsistent at times, that's due to a couple of reasons; the main one being that some years we open 7 new hotels, and other years we open 1.

The other reason is that we leave it up to our hotels to let us know when they're ready to start accepting our awesome Inner Circle members in true Kimpton style. Sometimes that's 3 months after they open and other times it's closer to 6 months. Either way, it's up to them to let us know when they're ready to rock the free night offer.

The good news is that we have a lot of exciting openings on our radar for 2015, and we can't wait to have you check them all out and let us know what you think.

Hope that helps. Thanks again for your post!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
KimptonInTouch (Susan) : Your contribution and presence on FT is sincerely appreciated and fits perfectly with how excellent Kimpton is with guests. If I saw an increase in posts from you I wouldn't think that anything nefarious was going on. I would welcome it.

Congratulations on the launch and website redesign! The new tier levels will definitely entice new members to "move up" once they get a taste of the good life. You also came through on your reassurance that IC benefits would remain intact. Thank you.

Two specific questions:

1) "Direct access to Kimpton Hotels’ CEO via the Inner Circle VIP Line and exclusive email address. This number is accessible when an Inner Circle member is signed into their online profile."

Where is this actually found? Even before the program refresh I was never provided this information and I currently do not see it when I sign in.

2) In follow up to my previous post this morning and mentioned by others, can you please define reward availability and how it has changed for the better if at all for Inner Circle members since the Karma launch? The FAQ has been altered from this morning and I was clearly bummed out since the property I was looking at has Deluxe rooms available and the text was very specific but not honored when I called. See my earlier post for cut and copy of script featuring "if Deluxe rooms available", "no blackout dates", and "without restriction."

What gives?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Another question for Susan. This is in the new terms & conditions: "Restaurants: Members can receive credit towards tier advancement when they dine in a participating Kimpton restaurant and apply the check to their guestroom folio."

How does this actually work? The tiers are defined in terms of numbers of stays/nights, and I don't know how restaurant bills would translate into stays/nights.

I'm also wondering what "greater availability & priority access to reward room inventory" for IC members means.

Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm now confused. I'm IC (and profile reflects that), but I have a message saying "Welcome to Tier 2 (aka: where the fun begins)" and I now have a Tier 2 reward (upgrade) and four Tier 3 rewards (upgrades, welcome amenity, late checkout) in my account. Is this just a website bug?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
(from NY Times blog):

The company says that a distinguishing characteristic of the program is the behind-the-scenes calculation that looks at consumer engagement. Do you tweet about the hotel, attend the hotel’s complimentary wine hour, travel with your pet or run with the hotel general manager in its fitness program?

Members could be rewarded for that. Kimpton identified 200 to 300 behaviors that flag program members as eligible for special gifts like snacks left in the room.
That seems like an awful lot of data collecting and tracking. Kimpton has certainly earned my trust over the years, and I believe they have good intentions with this.

I'm not sure I'd have the same confidence that other travel companies (say, Hilton, or worse, United/Delta) would be trustworthy with this "Every step you take, we'll be watching you" approach.

It is certainly an industry-leading step and I do wish them luck.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:33 pm

A border-line ICer who is happy with the extra tiers

I was IC for 3 years, and lost it this past year.

I'm happy with these changes because it was a big jump down from IC to non-IC where suddenly Kimpton seemed to have lost all record of my previous stays/status (being treated like a newbie every time I checked in). This tiering provides a softer landing for those who can't consistently meet IC.

Due to the new "Karma" system, I went from non-IC to "Tier 3" which gives me a chunk of the benefits and recognition back that I used most (welcome amenity, late check-out, upgrade).

I will likely get to IC by the end of the year.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
KimptonInTouch, I think the website redesign is fantastic. I would prefer to see the Last Minute Deals listed alphabetically by state (as they were on the old site) instead of alphabetically by hotel name. I think most of us are looking to stay with you by locale on a Last Minute Deal, and not necessarily looking for a particular property.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by SJC AA
I'm now confused. I'm IC (and profile reflects that), but I have a message saying "Welcome to Tier 2 (aka: where the fun begins)" and I now have a Tier 2 reward (upgrade) and four Tier 3 rewards (upgrades, welcome amenity, late checkout) in my account. Is this just a website bug?

Thanks for letting us know, SJC. We’ve been trying to recreate the issue with some of our other members and we haven’t been able to duplicate it yet, so we suspect it’s an anomaly. And as far as your additional rewards, since you already receive all of those perks as an Inner Circle member, you can always spread a little #KimptonLove by gifting them to a friend or family member. Definitely good Kimpton Karma!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Kimpton Inner Circle, Marriott Gold
I can't login to the new Kimpton website

At all. I may have been typing too quickly the first time and inadvertently included a typo in my password. Now I can't delete it (cookies). I've tried clearing my cookies, etc... Nothing. Is there no option for another person to login to the website (similar to Delta or Amazon which allow a "different user" option). I e-mailed karma help yesterday but haven't heard anything. I used to receive incredibly prompt replies... This makes me wonder if the new tiers will stretch the system. So where there were maybe xx number of employees responding to however many IC members, we will have that same number of employees responding to infinitely more IC plus other tier members. I hope it isn't like that line from the Incredibles: "When everybody's [special] no one is." So disappointing...
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by stackm
(from NY Times blog):

That seems like an awful lot of data collecting and tracking. Kimpton has certainly earned my trust over the years, and I believe they have good intentions with this.

I'm not sure I'd have the same confidence that other travel companies (say, Hilton, or worse, United/Delta) would be trustworthy with this "Every step you take, we'll be watching you" approach.

It is certainly an industry-leading step and I do wish them luck.
Thank you for your good wishes, STACKM!

I just want to say that we always try to be respectful with our guest's information, and the fact that we've been able to earn your trust in us is something we will never take lightly.

Susan
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by AtypicalProf
At all. I may have been typing too quickly the first time and inadvertently included a typo in my password. Now I can't delete it (cookies). I've tried clearing my cookies, etc... Nothing. Is there no option for another person to login to the website (similar to Delta or Amazon which allow a "different user" option). I e-mailed karma help yesterday but haven't heard anything. I used to receive incredibly prompt replies... This makes me wonder if the new tiers will stretch the system. So where there were maybe xx number of employees responding to however many IC members, we will have that same number of employees responding to infinitely more IC plus other tier members. I hope it isn't like that line from the Incredibles: "When everybody's [special] no one is." So disappointing...
Uh oh - our apologies for this. Some of our members did have an issue with passwords (due to tighter security standards on the website), but we’re hoping we’ve fixed the problem now. Please try to reset your password, keeping in mind the following:

•Your new password must contain 8 characters and 1 number
•You cannot include your name or any part of your email address in the password

Let me know how it goes.

Susan
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by SJC AA
Another question for Susan. This is in the new terms & conditions: "Restaurants: Members can receive credit towards tier advancement when they dine in a participating Kimpton restaurant and apply the check to their guestroom folio."

How does this actually work? The tiers are defined in terms of numbers of stays/nights, and I don't know how restaurant bills would translate into stays/nights.

I'm also wondering what "greater availability & priority access to reward room inventory" for IC members means.

Thanks!
Hi SJC,

If you enter the last 4 digits of your CC into your account, when you use that same credit card to dine at one of our restaurants, we recognize you with some extra Kimpton Karma. Kimpton Karma does all sorts of cool things, including helping you to move through tiers more quickly, or stay in the tier you're already in. It's kind of magic like that.

"Greater availability & priority access to reward room inventory" for IC members means that each hotel has a set amount of reward inventory each night. We've set aside a larger allocation for Inner Circle members than members in other tiers and, if our VIP agents have reward request from both IC and Tier 2 or 3 members, the room goes to the Inner Circle member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.