Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Report Card: Kimpton Inner Circle Welcome Amenity

Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
This thread is now archived. To post in the active thread, please click here.
Print Wikipost

Report Card: Kimpton Inner Circle Welcome Amenity

Old May 13, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
A couple of April stays:

Eventi NYC: No upgrade, but they had a conference going on at the property. Amenity was what I asked for, fruit and Diet Coke.

Ink NYC: Got in at 2:30am from LHR. Great junior suite (BR and LR both facing out the same set of windows along the west wall). Insanely good amenity: almost a pound of grapes, two bananas, a plate of cookies, and three kinds of non-alcoholic beverages.

Last edited by ElmhurstNick; Dec 18, 2017 at 5:42 pm Reason: got hotel name wrong
Old May 14, 2017, 5:07 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The Donovan (DC):

Upgrade - Home Run. Upgraded from basic suite to Executive King City View Suite on the 10th floor.

Amenity - Home Run. Two chocolate cookies and one chocolate chip cookie, two chocolate cupcakes with strawberries and raspberries. One dark chocolate bar. Small bottle of junmai daiginjo sake, two bottles of Coke Zero and two bottles of Fever Tree seltzer.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:29 am

The Carlyle DC

Upgrade: meh.. think we got a bigger room, but not sure.

Amenity: a bottle of bubbles and strawberry, just what we like��
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:32 am

Monaco DC

Upgrade : homerun! Got a Beautiful suite.

Amenity: meh. We did get 2 cokes and m&ms and that is Great. What I dont understand is Why they leave 2 cokes for 3 people...
Old Jun 4, 2017, 4:16 pm

Palomar DC

Upgraded to spa suite ( got to chipsene between 2 types)

Amenity: nuts and Cava so score here AS well
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:20 am

Mason & rook DC

No upgrade, but Higher floor.
Amenity was ok��
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: Southwest, Kimpton
Sir Francis Drake

Upgrade and Amenity --- both were an absolute HOME RUN!

Upgrade:
First time upgraded to the Sir Francis Drake Suite. It was so big, I almost felt guilty being there by myself.

Welcome Amenity:
5 local beers
2 waters
Plate full of yogurt covered pretzels
Some Reese's
A bag of caramel popcorn
A bag of mixed nuts
A couple chocolate covered strawberries

It was everything on my wish list and so much more! One of my favorite properties.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: Southwest, Kimpton
The Buchanan

Both Singles.

Upgrade:
Have been to this property several times and never been upgraded. I talked with manager about it and was told my room was an upgrade because it wasn't facing the street. Big letdown vs. the Sir Francis Drake Suite I was in the night before.

Amenity:
A beer and some yogurt covered pretzels. Didn't meet my wish list and was below par compared with what other properties usually do.

Oh... and there is no "Raid The Bar" at the Buchanan. The give you a reusable bag with their name on it with a water, some chips, and a power bar. I'd rather have the alcohol.

On the plus side, their Wine Hour also includes sake to go with their location in San Fran's Japantown.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:50 am

Thumbs down

Ink48:

Upgrade: Home-Run. Upgrade from King Deluxe to Hudson River Suite.

Amenity: Passed Ball. A single bottle of water and small bowl of fruit (one peach, two strawberries, small bunch of grapes and a handfull of blueberries. Maybe $5 in total.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:59 pm

The Muse

Upgrade: Home Run - Upgrade from King Deluxe to Executive Suite (I almost always get put into an Executive Suite here),

Amenity: Home Run- Plate of cookies, mini-cupcakes, truffles, meat and cheese plate. Bottle of red wine (from wine hour), bottle of still water and six mini-bottles of Coke Zero.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Monaco PHL
Upgraded to a lovely corner room with large bathroom and soaking tub.

A bottle of white wine and 3 delicious chocolate truffles for the amenity.

We have stayed there multiple times and they always treat us well-love this property!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Kimpton Cardinal, Winston-Salem

Amenity: Home Run. Followed my request perfectly, a huge bowl of chilled fruit salad (banana, strawberry, blueberry, blackberry), a bag of pop chips, a chilled liter of San Pelligrino and two 16 oz bottles of still water (FRED brand like the minibar).

Upgrade: Double. They had a suite, but they let me know it was on a pet friendly floor and they couldn't guarantee that there wouldn't be some dander even after cleaning. So I took a "Tall Spa" instead, which was a regular size room with a hybrid queen (width)/king (length) bed, and a huge shower room with a soaking tub inside.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:44 pm

Palomar Washington

Amenity - in all my years as IC maybe the lamest effort. 2 mini waters, a warm can of beer and what looks like a bowl of 1/2 eaten beef jerkey - No welcome card, a first and weird for Kimpton.

Super friendly at reception - stay away from underwhelming restaurant. Apart from check in - overall very un-Kimpton experience.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Kimpton Schofield Cleveland

Amenity - Just as requested, caramel popcorn, reeses, 2x IPAs and spring water.

Upgrade - Executive rm, not suite. Nice room, excellent shower.

'Sun Salutations' gave me free parking, $36 value
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Kimpton Monaco Pittsburgh

Amenity - As requested, caramel popcorn (not well executed, clumpy and sticky) plus reeses, 2x IPAs and spring water.

Upgrade - Home run - huge suite.

Had a great meal in The Commoner restaurant. Got free drink from 'Sun Salutations', free appetizer for IC and great chicken entree. Overall love this property very friendly and one of best Kimpton restaurants I've been to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.