Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note - All discussions about Kimpton Hotels and the Karma Rewards program have been moved to the IHG Rewards Club Forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador-426/

FlyinHawaiian
Volunteer Moderator
Print Wikipost

Kimpton secret password thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by airb330
Topaz DC

Offered drinks at the bar or wine. I asked for free parking and they knocked the valet rate $53 to the day rate of $20. I'll take $33 over anything else.
Dang! airb330 between this and the completely missing IC amenity, is it safe to say that you will probably choose another DC property next time?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
Dang! airb330 between this and the completely missing IC amenity, is it safe to say that you will probably choose another DC property next time?
Yes. My bill didn't show any parking charges, so I guess they did waive all of it when I mentioned the IC amenity. Though I did reach out to the manager via email once I got back to my friend's house. They're getting married next August at the Carnegie science center and they were considering a block at the topaz...but not anymore. Rouge or Palomar now. We had a really good experience at the palomar DC in February (I wasnt even IC then). They live just outside Alexandria, so at least we didn't have too long of a drive to get hot water!

Just a very disappointing experience, my husband loves Kimpton and he said "never coming back here again." So I think regardless of where they do the wedding block, we'll be at the Palomar!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:04 am

Another Topaz DC:

Was offered either breakfast for two, a bottle of wine, or free drink coupons. Chose the certs and was given six. We only ending up using two of them. Does anybody know if these coupons are transferable across other Kimpton hotels? The expiration date field is blank and they do not seem to be hotel-specific.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
Free valet parking at the RiverPlace in Portland.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Monaco Alexandria

Choice since the agent couldn't find the "bag" -- I picked breakfast. note that it was another great waiter for breakfast. Is there something in the water early mornings in Alexandria?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Eventi -- Offered breakfast or a movie. Asked for restaurant credit for dinner instead, and got $25.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:14 am

Monaco Denver

Forgot to mention secret word at checkin at the Monaco Denver as it was a long travel day and it was late. Did receive a good IC welcome benefit as per my preferences but only a $10 minibar credit when I mentioned it at checkout, the rep told me that I need to do it at checkin or they have little latitude. I find this to be at the very least inconsistent as I have done this a few times at checkout over the last year at other properties and have been given at least a $25 credit for parking or restaurant charge.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:33 pm

Anyone try it this weekend? I used it at the Monaco in SF but was told that it ended (though it seemed like a few places online said good until 9/29). They apologized and offered to take a movie off of the bill at checkout.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
That is unacceptable; Kimpton's Facebook page clearly says it's valid until 9/29. I would escalate this to their social media rep, either here, on Facebook or on Twitter.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants - Facebook
July 21

It's back! The secret social password is alive and well today through Sept. 29th. Just say "Summer of Karma" at check-in and receive a special surprise from the hotel.

Where will you use the secret word first?
I have stays in the Bay Area this weekend and fully expect the properties to honor the promo.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:50 pm

I think I would have tried a little harder if there were something I could think of for them to offer me, short of just handing me cash right there on the spot. I didn't drive in, they upgraded me to a suite already, and the restaurant was closed for renovations.

Do you have a link to that facebook post? I'm staying at another Kimpton this weekend and I'd like to be able to bring it up if the front desk is confused again.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Monaco Denver: Bottle of wine

Epic: Received four cocktails at Area 51

Vero Beach: Asked for free parking and received free parking and continental breakfast

Anglers Miami: Was initially told the secret word promo is over. When I asked another person later, they said my room was upgraded and that's all I get. I think they need to bring Anglers up to Kimpton standards for room quality and service.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:13 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'm attaching a screen shot from Kimpton's Facebook page.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
I used the code last night at Monaco Denver. Got a smile when I asked if it was still going. I did not have a car, so they gave me a $40 F&B credit for Panzano (which is delicious).
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:31 am

Ha. Glad other people are getting a kick out of it. At least it was good for something..

I've definitely gotten good mileage out of the secret word over almost a dozen stays. I hope they don't wait too long for another one. I don't hear many people mentioning it during check in...
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:43 am

The KimptoninFL team responded saying the promotion IS over:

https://twitter.com/KimptonInFL/with_replies

How can that be??

Update: They've admitted they were wrong.

Last edited by tangel; Sep 23, 2014 at 7:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.