Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - poor service, how to complain?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GHA Discovery - poor service, how to complain?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: GHA discovery
Angry GHA Discovery - poor service, how to complain?

I can't find any contact details to raise an issue with GHA discovery's poor service.
I had a stay booked which I completed, and was told by the hotel that I'd receive double D$ for the promotion I opted into. I'm a platinum member so this seemed really good to me.
When I received the dollars, I didn't receive the bonus amount.
I reached out to the GHA discovery team who were dreadful, and informed me because I 'booked' before the eligibility period, I'd get no dollars. This was not what I was told by the hotel, so they gave me false information.

I expected a bit better from them to be honest, I obviously won't be using their hotels in the future but was wondering how I'd raise a complaint as raising a ticket through their website has been so far very unhelpful
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:21 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
GHA Discovery seems to be the [worst] programme I have ever come across. The dollars expire in 5 minutes. Their internet system cancelled the wrong booking of mine - charging me for the one that was supposed to be cancelled as a "no show" and meaning the one I did want vanished! I had a number of dollars which I wanted to use in the (not-properly-cancelled/no show) hotel - but they didn't use them. They expired by the time I got to the next booking just 2 weeks later.... leaving me just 6 dollars left to use but that hotel said I needed a minimum of 10 to use at all! It seems like it is specifically designed to be impossible to ever use the dollars. (not to mention the lack of water in the hotel and the fact that they chased me after I left for a bunch of minibar items I didn't consume!!!!).

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 14, 2024 at 6:18 am Reason: profanity removed, per https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#offensive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.