Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Program is calendar year based, so the nights/stays earned in this year determines your status next year.
Consecutive nights are always counted as one stay, regardless of guest checks in and out.

Tiers
Gateway
Upgrade: 3 stays or 9 nights
Renewal: 1 stay or 3 nights (unclear how to achieve 3 nights without fulfilling the 1 stay criteria, but this is how the rules are communicated)
Notable perk: Fruit and bottled water upon arrival

Voyager
Upgrade: 5 stays or 15 nights
Renewal: 2 stays or 6 nights
Notable perk: Upgrade at check-in (subject to availability, Club access never included even if upgraded to "club room"), 1 personalised welcome gift

Destiny
Invite only, probably revenue based, targeted to top 1% of customers
Notable perk: Limousine transfer (one way), 2 personalised welcome gifts

For members of Voyager and Destiny tier, one complimentary suite upgrade is earned after 5 stays or 15 nights. The actual voucher is difficult to obtain and to use, see post 173.

Status-matches
Unknown if 1865 does matches, but off and on they offer complimentary tiers to different card holders.
A few FF program (eg BAEC) offers comped 1865 status

In december 2016 new rules were introduced. Newspaper perk was removed Tier qualification was changed so that it can be earned by nights aswell as by stays.
1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Best Rate Guarantee
1) Respective hotel will verify and approve/deny the BRG claim.
2) Must match room type and rate type.

Langham Place Xiamen
1) Seems to provide Club L access to Voyager and above members. Need verification.
Print Wikipost

Langham 1865 Program

Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:24 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
I can attest to the rooms being identical. Last week I stayed 2 nights in executive room and 3 nights in different deluxe rooms. The hotel (built as a Sheraton) is very modularised, and all rooms are made up of one or more identical 28 sqm module.
Both the Auckland and Melbourne properties were Sheraton new builds. And in the case of Auckland major changes are coming:

In New Zealand, Langham is converting its company-owned Auckland hotel to a 411-suite Cordis Hotel, opening November 1. The Langham Auckland managing director Franz Mascaren has said the company is spending more than $NZ30m ($28m) on the redevelopment with the Cordis positioned as the flagship for the Pacific Rim. Langham is also considering adding another 250 rooms.
Also Langham Adelaide in the pipeline and more to follow:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...abbc928ce8fdfd
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Voyager status seems useless. No recognition at all in Chicago; staff seem unaware it exists. I wonder what the welcome amenity would have been? After much prodding, received a fruit plate (an apple), but that's separate from the "personalized welcome amenity." A poorly implemented program is worse than no program, as one expects only what one books, but we've had better service on previous visits without any Voyager attached.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by turnleftbrighteyes
Voyager status seems useless. No recognition at all in Chicago; staff seem unaware it exists. I wonder what the welcome amenity would have been? After much prodding, received a fruit plate (an apple), but that's separate from the "personalized welcome amenity." A poorly implemented program is worse than no program, as one expects only what one books, but we've had better service on previous visits without any Voyager attached.
That's strange, inasmuch as I had a stay at the property about two weeks ago and upgraded to a one-bedroom suite. Voyager status was recognized at check-in, an assortment of cookies was placed in the suite on arrival as well as a bottle of wine and several nice bottles of water.

I don't get upgraded every time in Chicago but more than half the time I probably do. I'm usually staying on my corporate rate which is significantly below the website rates, I'm always e-mailed a few days before arrival to see if I need anything for my stay.

Hong Kong, in my limited experience of four stays Voyager status, is pretty worthless with zero recognition. I'm guessing the treatment I receive at the Chicago property could be due to a number of nights I spend on property and less to do with Voyager status.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Originally Posted by gpeso8
Hong Kong, in my limited experience of four stays Voyager status, is pretty worthless with zero recognition. I'm guessing the treatment I receive at the Chicago property could be due to a number of nights I spend on property and less to do with Voyager status.
Gpeso8, glad you've had better luck, and that your frequent stays are recognized. It really is a lovely hotel, I've just found the excuses for not offering any perks very off putting (as in, they'd be more likely to honor late checkout if we had booked via Amex rather than directly with them, which seems at odds with what most hotels are trying to get people to do.)

Editing to add: am happy to report that late check-out was offered. Hooray!

Last edited by turnleftbrighteyes; Aug 7, 2017 at 3:18 pm Reason: Update
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Just reporting on some recent member recognition experiences as Voyager member.

Cordis, Langham place Hong Kong upgraded me from a Club studio to a one-bedroom-suite which price wise is the next room category, approx. 10% more expensive. Did not receive my "welcome gift" or any other special in-room amenities but did get a late check-out.

The Langham, Hong Kong. I was booked in the lowest room category ("Superior Courtyard View Room" ) and was offered "as a personal favour" to upgrade to club access for "only 950HKD + taxes" (I couldn't hear if there was a room category upgrade included in the offer or not). I declined the offer.

Was then "as our valuable voyager member" offered a late check-out of 6pm and declined as I didn't need it. Was in the end told I had been "given a room on a higher floor", probably a "Superior City View Room", which is an identically sized room but price wise the next higher room category, approx 3% more expensive comparing the rack rates.
The check-in agent in the Langham was clearly acting from a script, ie seemed to be instructed to read different offers depending on my answers. It felt quite robotic.
Welcome gift, water and fruits were in the room upon arrival.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:25 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It has been discussed a bit before in this thread, and with the launch of new webpage, it is now made clear that the upgrade perk for Voyager does not include any club access.
Excludes Club Access and room upgrade is subject to hotel availability upon check-in.
At many hotels, the fare structure is such that an upgrade means you will be upgraded to a very similar (or even identical) room, just at a higher floor.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Hi sorry if this has been covered before but I could stay at the Cordis Auckland shortly and that would be my third stay to take me up to Gateway tier. Is this worth it?? I have access to the Amex FHR offerings that Cordis are included in. We travel around Australasia and Asia from time to time and I have Accorplus and all the status at the various hotels that comes with amex platinum.

We stayed at Cordis Auckland last time, booked via Amex and the 'upgrade' was just the same room, higher floor. Not a very good view either!

Thanks for any advice on this. There are a lot of quite nice hotels going reasonably in Auckland for our dates at present.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Personally I think you will be better off on Accor or any other of your statuses. Many hotels seem to have that policy of "upgrading" to a higher floor as the member perk. Auckland is one of those, and only if you book one of the lower categories. If you book a higher category, "there is no better room" to offer you, ie suites are not considered for this upgrade.

From personal observations (ie I could be mistaken), it seems Cordis Auckland do value repeat customers more, so if you frequently stay at that particular hotel, you are much more likely to get a decent upgrade than as a 1865 member.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Personally I think you will be better off on Accor or any other of your statuses. Many hotels seem to have that policy of "upgrading" to a higher floor as the member perk. Auckland is one of those, and only if you book one of the lower categories. If you book a higher category, "there is no better room" to offer you, ie suites are not considered for this upgrade.

From personal observations (ie I could be mistaken), it seems Cordis Auckland do value repeat customers more, so if you frequently stay at that particular hotel, you are much more likely to get a decent upgrade than as a 1865 member.
Thanks @intuition for that helpful advice. I wouldn't always stay frequently at that hotel, unless they gave me decent upgrades, ie not just to a higher floor!! So may not chase the Gateway status.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Can I get Hilton to match the Voyager status given to me as a result of BAEC Gold status to Diamond status?

I understand you need to show one stay at the hotel group on question for this to work but that seems like an easy way to get diamond from Hilton when I'm using them often for work (but not often enough to get diamond on stays alone).
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:27 pm

Hi I have my airline points via 1865 club credited to the AA advantage club. Can someone tell me how long these miles take to get credited? I stayed 11 days ago at Langham Melbourne and they points having arrived yet to my AA account.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Just enrolled after a stay at Langham HKG although from reading the comments it's not clear what the base status actually offers. I booked with my Amex travel credit and received both bottled water and a bowl of apples replenished daily so I really don't know how I get anything extra from the programme.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
The program is nothing special but easy to maintain. I became Voyager (is that the level you are talking about?) through BA Gold (discontinued I think) and then 2 nights per year to keep that level. I normally use FHR or similar but Voyager always gives some nice amenities that you can choose in your profile and I had some great 9 am early check-ins (Melbourne).
Old Jan 26, 2021, 5:12 pm

Just wanted to give credit where it's due to the cordis Auckland. I'm an 1865 voyager member. Have stayed 5 times in the last year and found the service extended to 1865 members is tremendous. I am always recognised as an 1865 member, there are nice welcome treats in the room when I get there. I've had exec room upgrades several times and their club lounge food is fabulous. Cordis is one of the few true five star hotels in Auckland.

I definitely prioritise this hotel on the back of their treatment of 1865 members. If you can get the Amex fhr at a good rate it's even better. It's not all hotel chains that follow through with loyalty club recognition like the cordis Auckland. Shout out to them and well done.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by janwillem
The program is nothing special but easy to maintain. I became Voyager (is that the level you are talking about?) through BA Gold (discontinued I think) and then 2 nights per year to keep that level. I normally use FHR or similar but Voyager always gives some nice amenities that you can choose in your profile and I had some great 9 am early check-ins (Melbourne).
That's interesting. I have taken the same route but didn't know it needs only 2 nights per year to keep that level? I thought after the BA Gold perk had finished it was 5 stays/15 nights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.