Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
A small data point for anyone looking to earn from the current x3 GC promotion. If you are looking to check out with the app to qualify for the x3 points please ensure you set your check out time in advance of midday. I was granted a 6pm check out time but was unable to use the app to check out as it wont allow you to select a time after midday unless you select the time ( in my case 6pm ) before the midday cut off..

Its teething issues i know but if I needed it check out with the app to get thw points I would not have been able to do so.
united78 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, British Airways Executive Club, Royal Orchid Plus, Shangri-La Golden Circle
I recently stayed at the Shangri-La Tianjin and all in all it was a lovely stay. Upon learning of the triple points offer for checking in/out via the app, I intended to checkout using the app before heading to the airport but the chain of events on my check-out day meant I had to avail myself of the late (4pm) checkout. Since there was no option in the app to choose 4pm as the checkout, I decided to do it at the Horizon lounge but absentmindedly forgot to mention this to the desk staff there. I emailed Shangri-La support regarding this and was told that despite the situation I explained, because I did not checkout out/in using the app, I would only be eligible for x2 GC points (for booking using the app) and not x3. Clearly it's my fault, but I though that they might overlook it considering there was no option for late checkout within the app itself.

On a related note, does anyone know when the app updates with your GC points from your most recent stays, I have only received some of the points from my dining and wife's spa visits so far.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
One thing I've noticed about Shangri-La, they make no room for one-off circumstances when requesting point adjustments. Either you met the terms of the offer, or you did not. While I would appreciate them being more flexible, I can also respect consistent application of offer terms at all times.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Does anyone know the government rate code? Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
Originally Posted by abta1
I recently stayed at the Shangri-La Tianjin and all in all it was a lovely stay. Upon learning of the triple points offer for checking in/out via the app, I intended to checkout using the app before heading to the airport but the chain of events on my check-out day meant I had to avail myself of the late (4pm) checkout. Since there was no option in the app to choose 4pm as the checkout, I decided to do it at the Horizon lounge but absentmindedly forgot to mention this to the desk staff there. I emailed Shangri-La support regarding this and was told that despite the situation I explained, because I did not checkout out/in using the app, I would only be eligible for x2 GC points (for booking using the app) and not x3. Clearly it's my fault, but I though that they might overlook it considering there was no option for late checkout within the app itself.

On a related note, does anyone know when the app updates with your GC points from your most recent stays, I have only received some of the points from my dining and wife's spa visits so far.
I have just experienced the same - meal points went on within 24 hours, whereas accommodation isnt on yet after a week. Apparently its 2-3 weeks
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:52 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by paul00
With effect from today, Shangri-La has changed the available benefits for reservations made through travel agents participating in the Luxury Circle programme.

Previously, the Luxury Circle benefits were:
  • Upgrade to the next room type category at the time of booking (subject to availability)
  • Upgrade to Jade tier in the Golden Circle Rewards programme following the stay
  • Dining credit of USD 100 (or 10% of average daily room rate, whichever is higher) per stay
  • Complimentary daily full breakfast for two, including in-room dining
  • Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
  • Welcome amenity

In general, the Luxury Circle rate is the same as the Best Available Rate.

However, starting today, Shangri-La is removing the second benefit listed above (upgrade to Golden Circle Jade tier). In addition, the USD 100 dining credit is being lowered to USD 50 at the following properties in China, Indonesia and Malaysia:
  • Shangri-La Hotel Baotou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Beihai
  • Shangri-La Hotel Changchun
  • Shangri-La Hotel Changzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Dalian
  • Shangri-La Hotel Fuzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Haikou
  • Shangri-La's Sanya Resort & Spa Hainan
  • Shangri-La Hotel Hefei
  • Shangri-La Hotel Huhhot
  • Shangri-La Hotel Nanchang
  • Shangri-La Hotel Ningbo
  • Shangri-La Hotel Qingdao
  • Shangri-La Hotel Qinhuangdao
  • Shangri-La Hotel Qufu
  • Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang
  • Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen
  • Shangri-La Hotel Suzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Tangshan
  • Shangri-La Hotel Tianjin
  • Shangri-La Hotel Wenzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Yangzhou
  • Hylandia by Shangri-La, Yunnan
  • Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya
  • Putrajaya Shangri-La, Malaysia

I think it is disappointing that no advance warning was given of the changes.
How is the Luxury Circle program these days still no Jade membreship?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I’m looking to use some of my points in Tokyo in a couple months, but using a dining award only (I won’t be staying at the hotel). Have any hotels had issues with using an instant award at the Shangri-La Tokyo? How much of an issue is the foreign exchange rate? (I could, if necessary, use a voucher, but I’d like the flexibility of using the instant award.)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Does anyone have any good corporate codes?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:11 pm

Not really expecting an answer as this forum seems largely dead...

...but are there any tips for booking a Gold Circle hotel? There are two I'm interested in in Beijing (Hotel Jen and Shangri-La Kerry) and I'm wondering if it's worth booking direct or going through Booking.com / Expedia.

I have an Amex Platinum which apparently gets me Jade level membership, but aside from late checkout I'm not really seeing any advantages there as I was planning on booking a "club" room anyway.

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:00 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by RG1X

...but are there any tips for booking a Gold Circle hotel? There are two I'm interested in in Beijing (Hotel Jen and Shangri-La Kerry) and I'm wondering if it's worth booking direct or going through Booking.com / Expedia.

I have an Amex Platinum which apparently gets me Jade level membership, but aside from late checkout I'm not really seeing any advantages there as I was planning on booking a "club" room anyway.

Any suggestions?
Not really an answer to your question, but just wanted to say I loved the Hotel Jen in Beijing and highly recommend staying there. Great modern property that treated me well even without status, gorgeous rooms of a decent size, amazing views, and perfect location. Hip area, too.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
Not really an answer to your question, but just wanted to say I loved the Hotel Jen in Beijing and highly recommend staying there. Great modern property that treated me well even without status, gorgeous rooms of a decent size, amazing views, and perfect location. Hip area, too.
It's an odd thing to get excited about, but the gym looks incredible.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:17 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P

Any suggestions?
It is also worth checking the Luxury Hotels forum here on FT which has more detailed reports about most of the properties.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
I would definitely book direct if are Jade but to get Jade level membership you should check how Amex Platinum does it.

If you are sure to book a club room and are interested in the guaranteed upgrade at time of booking, I would go through a Luxury Circle Accredited agent (there are many on FlyerTalk) and get yourself a free room upgrade + $100 credit.

Sometimes one night stays can be cheaper if there are promotions but if there you are more interested in the perks, Luxury Circle is the way to go.

As for Jade, the amenities are mainly for frequent travelers who want to take advantage of the late checkout and welcome amenities.

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:47 am

There should be no issues using points at Restaurants, you just have to make sure you indicate that you are using points before they give you the bill.

There are ofcourse blackout dates like Christmas Day and this can depend on location so best is to call/email the restaurant/hotel in advance and check if your points can be used on the day itself.

Originally Posted by gmax58
Im looking to use some of my points in Tokyo in a couple months, but using a dining award only (I wont be staying at the hotel). Have any hotels had issues with using an instant award at the Shangri-La Tokyo? How much of an issue is the foreign exchange rate? (I could, if necessary, use a voucher, but Id like the flexibility of using the instant award.)
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
How is the Luxury Circle program these days still no Jade membreship?
No Jade but I have found the credit to be Hotel Credit assignable sometimes to almost anything that can be charged to the bill, this may depend on the hotel.

Best perk aside from the $100 credit would be the upgrade at time of booking as long as the upgrade is worth it for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.