Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:37 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Do they offer status match from other hotel programs?
Match program with Taj Hotels.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I have an upcoming 3-night-stay at the Shangri-La Singapore which the company booked as it is for work. So I can't book it through some other agency.
I have signed up for the Golden Circle and am a Krisflyer member. Will reach *G through SAS this year.

Would you guys recommend staying at another Shangri-La hotel before that stay to become Jade prior to the stay in Singapore and maximize value?
I've been reading through the Infinite Journeys website but haven't fully understood the best strategy.

Another question regarding the status match between Shangri-La and SQ: I know that I would need 3 SQ flights to get *G through SQ. But do I have to credit these miles to my SQ account or is it sufficient to fly 3 SQ flights but crediting the miles to another *A program? I think that for me it would be better to stick with SK to obtain *G longterm.

Last edited by flockavelliFT; May 2, 2017 at 11:04 am
Old May 4, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This time I didn't get any points for my stay at the Traders Abu Dhabi, probably because I booked using hotels.com. Funny, because the last time (also booked at hotels.com) I walked away with just over 500 points. Unless.....that was a welcome bonus that I was unaware about and the extra 24 of so points was for bar drinks.

EDIT Just read back in the thread (which I should have done before) and saw that there was some major unannounced change for travel agent bookings. Probably affects points accrual as well. See post #319 .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27891051-post319.html

Last edited by Concerto; May 4, 2017 at 5:09 am Reason: new info
Old May 4, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Some
Seems that Shangri-La have decided not to continue with the one-way airport limo transfer with suite bookings that they were offering at certain properties in Asia. Disappointed . The additional Horizon Club benefits seem to have been made permanent, however.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny. The Traders Qaryat Al Beri was the one hotel that I stayed in at Abu Dhabi this last time around (March) which I felt had not declined but had maintained decent standards. The others (I tried 2 others, for various points and miles collecting reasons) had really gone downhill and not a Dirham had been spent on renovation, upkeep or services. Avoid the One to One The Village hotel, it has really become grotty.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
I stayed at the Putrajaya Shangri-La in Malaysia recently, for a weekend staycation (my partner and I are currently living in a rather hectic part of KL city and wanted a quiet place to stay in the suburbs). I know the hotel doesn't have a huge turnover due to its remote location, reflected in the room rate (just RM 300 per night), but it was still a little disappointing. The entire place seemed "dead" - we had to wait 10 mins at the Lounge Lobby bar for an attendant to come and offer the menu, then he disappeared for another 10 mins before taking our order for wine. The spa was closed when we arrived, but they were taking bookings for the next day. We were the only guests in the pool and the pool bar didn't open until we alerted reception.

The advertised benefits through the Luxury Circle programme were:
  • Inclusive of daily breakfast for two - Breakfast spread was excellent but it took 20 minutes and repeated requests to get coffee
  • Room upgrade on selected room categories at time of booking subject to availability - No upgrade given as the next category is a suite - fair enough given the cheap room rate
  • Early check-in and Late check-out subject to availability - Would have been permitted, but we didn't make use of it
  • Hotel Credit Per Stay of USD50 - The USD 50 covered buffet dinner for 2, plus wine. A nice benefit to have
  • VIP Welcome Amenity - A letter from the General Manager welcoming you to the hotel, hardly a VIP welcome
  • Dedicated concierge to handle requests - Didn't need to use the concierge, but he seemed very friendly

Despite the minor grievances, we'll probably stay again as the pool is nice for a weekend staycation, and the food is excellent. It's also amazing value at RM 300 with the USD 50 credit, effectively reducing the room rate to just RM 85.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
I'm staying at the Shangri-La Jakarta Horizon Club Deluxe Room now.
An additional benefit just introduced is the 1st round Complimentary In-Room Minibar Drinks (excluding Alcoholic Drinks) and Snacks.
Sweet
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had another stay at the Traders Qaryat Al Beri in Abu Dhabi and it was very good again. The receptionist, who was very nice and helpful during the whole stay, really tried to hard sell the lounge access. I forget what it was for two but it was reasonable (something like AED140 per day) but we were out most of the time exploring the city and doing a desert safari (this was really worth the modest EUR70 that it cost).

As for points. I got none because I booked with hotels.com.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:47 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
New Mobile App

SL is testing a new mobile App, with good functionality for GC. Currently I am trying to ‘break’ a beta version, so would expect the final release (sometime early next year?) will be even better.

Stay tuned for a very easy and intuitive flow, some cool additions to the GC account section and a significant upgrade to the reservation section. Most importanty: we will finally have mobile check-in and check-out! App also updates during stay, with actual room number and (in case of upgrade) details of the actual room assigned.

Cheers form Cebu SL and merry Christmas everyone...
JRK
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Did anyone else take advantage of redeeming a lower balance of expiring SL GC points for Bowers & Wilkins headphones?
I had some that were going to go to waste and I got a set of the B&W PX headphones $399 MSRP. After a long wait and a follow up email, the headphones arrived factory sealed, but no charging and audio cords were packaged in the box. A follow-up email to B&W and they say a replacement is on the way. Curious if anyone else leveraged this offer and what your experience was.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:00 am
JRK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Did anyone else take advantage of redeeming a lower balance of expiring SL GC points for Bowers & Wilkins headphones?
I had some that were going to go to waste and I got a set of the B&W PX headphones $399 MSRP. After a long wait and a follow up email, the headphones arrived factory sealed, but no charging and audio cords were packaged in the box. A follow-up email to B&W and they say a replacement is on the way. Curious if anyone else leveraged this offer and what your experience was.
Personally I have’t, but I hear it was HUGELY popular........
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Shangri-la Putrajaya - leaving

Hi,
Just received an email that announced the departure of the Putrajaya property from the management of Shangri-La.

"On behalf of Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, we would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your loyalty and continued support over the years towards Putrajaya Shangri-La and other Shangri-La hotels and resorts. It is our utmost privilege and pleasure to be of service to you.We regret to inform you that we will cease management of Putrajaya Shangri-La as of 1 January 2018. However, we look forward to welcoming you as our guest to our other hotels in Kuala Lumpur.Please contact us on +852 3069 9688 or on our international toll-free numbers in your country, or email us at [email protected] if you require further information or assistance for hotel reservations or event bookings.We look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La soon.

Yours sincerely,

Susanna Wong
Director, Programme Development and Operations
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
"

I just recently stayed at this property, though it is not my go to property normally. Googling, I found that the property will be renamed "Pulse Grande" , but indeed I would say if it wants to stay under the Shangri-La brand, a refurbishment would have been needed as it did not reflect the brand, although I did get a very good price.

Cheers!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:37 pm
JRK
Original Poster

New SL mobile app released

Originally Posted by JRK
SL is testing a new mobile App, with good functionality for GC. Currently I am trying to ‘break’ a beta version, so would expect the final release (sometime early next year?) will be even better.

Stay tuned for a very easy and intuitive flow, some cool additions to the GC account section and a significant upgrade to the reservation section. Most importanty: we will finally have mobile check-in and check-out! App also updates during stay, with actual room number and (in case of upgrade) details of the actual room assigned.

Cheers form Cebu SL and merry Christmas everyone...
JRK
The new SL mobile app is available from the app store now. It allows mobile check in and out and also manages GC account and booking instant rewards. Has improved further since the beta version I had seen a few weeks back, and I really like it.

Launch promo includes double points (for using mobile check-in/out) and triple points (for bookings through the app).

Have a look and share what you all think...
purple1addict likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:24 am

I have an upcoming stay at a Shangri-La property. I am a Jade GC member and have booked 2 rooms (1 horizon club room + 1 regular deluxe room). I understand that I am entitled to free breakfast for myself and 1 guest. I emailed asking if the regular deluxe room would be entitled to the free breakfasts (the horizon club room already has breakfast included) and was told that I needed to be "registered" in the non-club room in order to be entitled to the breakfast.

Do I stand any chance at all in getting them to grant the other guests staying in the regular deluxe room (I have planned for myself to be in the horizon club room) breakfasts even though I'm not technically "registered" in that room? If not, what is stopping me from "registering" myself in that deluxe room and then stay in the horizon club room/visit the horizon club after while the other guests get breakfast at the normal restaurant?

Has anyone encountered this issue? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
considering how close the Shangri La HKG is to the Conrad HKG, anyone ever took photos of the Conrad from the Shangri La? Like this one?
Just curious how it looks from the other side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.