Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by milehighj
I was told anecdotally by someone who was comped Diamond that while he received Club access as a Diamond, he never received actual upgrades to Club floor rooms (let alone a Suite upgrade). Is this an accurate representation / expectation of the Diamond benefit?
This has been my experience in most of my stays.

They also have always given free breakfast in the restaurant (as well as the club option of course), which is pretty extensive at most properties.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:31 pm

has anyone actually tried to claim their best rate guarantee here? it's an absolute scam. there is no way that i've found to actually claim it. their rates on their website allow cancellation, but at the loss of 1 night's stay. if you find a cheaper rate elsewhere, a flexible rate will allow a full refund. because of the differences in cancellation: full refund vs refund minus 1 night stay, there is no way to fulfill the terms and conditions of the BRG.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by milehighj
I was told anecdotally by someone who was comped Diamond that while he received Club access as a Diamond, he never received actual upgrades to Club floor rooms (let alone a Suite upgrade). Is this an accurate representation / expectation of the Diamond benefit?
I've had few suite upgrades before. Best one was at the Shard, where I got upgraded from a ~$1000 per night room to a $5000 per night suite.

The above definitely isn't the normal however. I feel they are fairly poor in offering upgrades in general, even when booked through a channel like FHR where you'd generally expect at least 1 type upgrade.

Lack of upgrades do not really annoy me usually, given that you get club access anyway. I don't find that the amenities you get in a club room vs. a non club room at a usual Shangri-La property is too different at all, perhaps what's most striking are the different brands of toiletries.

The only time where I really wished I had received an upgrade to a proper club floor was at Beijing actually. They upgraded me to a suite in the Garden wing but the Horizon club on that wing was closed. So all suite guests/DMs staying in that wing was directed to the Valley Wing lounge, in a entirely different building. It was a 10 minute walk to the other side of the hotel each time I wanted to visit the 'club'.

Overall though, I think Shangri-La's program is really generous compared to some of the others. Not many offer breakfast benefits for the mid-tier, along with a fairly decent welcome gift (x3) that is guaranteed on each visit. The free bottle of beers and wine keeps me happy
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Is there a refer a friend option for the Golden Circle program?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by pkimball
Redeemed GC points for the first time this month, and I am so impressed I am with their redemption value. 1000 points for a USD 100 dining credit is quite remarkable. Combine that with the triple-point promotions they've offered during past stays, and I'm benefiting from redemption values of 30 cents on the dollar. It's an incredible incentive to stay loyal to Shangri-La.
Is there a maximum amount of points that an be redeemed in one sitting? I'm looking at taking some friends for drinks/dinner at Ting in the Shard. I've got 14000 points!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
Is there a maximum amount of points that an be redeemed in one sitting? I'm looking at taking some friends for drinks/dinner at Ting in the Shard. I've got 14000 points!
No max as they removed the limit a while ago.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by chops
has anyone actually tried to claim their best rate guarantee here? it's an absolute scam. there is no way that i've found to actually claim it. their rates on their website allow cancellation, but at the loss of 1 night's stay. if you find a cheaper rate elsewhere, a flexible rate will allow a full refund. because of the differences in cancellation: full refund vs refund minus 1 night stay, there is no way to fulfill the terms and conditions of the BRG.
I did a BRG for the Kerry Hotel Beijing yesterday.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by skaya
No max as they removed the limit a while ago.
Thanks. How does it work? Do I need to get vouchers, or can I spend like I want and then just present my GC card?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

'3 Nights for the Price of 2 + Free Breakfast' Promotion for Visa Infinite, Signature and Platinum card holders

Visa Infinite/Signature/Platinum card holders can stay 3 nights for the price of 2 (based on the 'Best Available Rate') and also receive free breakfast when booking a Horizon Club room or a suite at the following Shangri-la hotels:
  • Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
  • Makati Shangri-La Manila
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
  • Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Chiangmai
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai

(If you book a stay of more than 3 nights, you will receive 1 night free)

Visa Infinite/Signature/Platinum card holders can stay 4 nights for the price of 3 (based on the 'Best Available Rate') and also receive free breakfast when booking a Horizon Club room or a suite at the following Shangri-la hotels:
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Paris
  • Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Ulaanbaatar
  • Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu
  • Shangri-La at The Shard, London

(If you book a stay of more than 4 nights, you will receive 1 night free)

Offer valid for stays until 31 December 2016.

To book, use promo code CNVISA on the Shangri-la website.

For more information and the T&Cs, visit www.shangri-la.com/CNVISACN (available in Chinese only). Note that the T&Cs do not state that the promotion is limited to Visa Infinite/Signature/Platinum cards issued in China only. According to the T&Cs, all Visa Inifinite/Signature/Platinum card holders are eligible for the promotion.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Shangri-La Golden Circle 'Double Up on Dining' Promotion

From 1 April to 30 June 2016, receive double Golden Circle points when you dine at participating restaurants on a weekday.

List of Non-participating Restaurants:

Malé, Maldives
Jen Kitchen - Hotel Jen Malé, Maldives

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Lemon Garden - Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Junoon - Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
The Act - Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai

Shenzhen, China
Seventh Son - Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen

Shanghai, China
Seventh Son - Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai

Beijing, China
Collage Bar - Hotel Jen Upper East Beijing
Seventh Son - China World Summit Wing, Beijing

Toronto, Canada
Momofuku Noodle Bar - Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto

For more information and to register for the promotion, visit www.Shangri-La.com/DoubleUp
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:27 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
Updated GC Benefits finally announced

Here we go, the official confirmation of the updated benefits I had posted about a while back:

Golden Circle, the loyalty programme of Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, is introducing five new benefits this month as part of its continuing fifth anniversary celebration. In addition to new ways for members to earn reward points, Golden Circle (GC) is offering fifth anniversary specials and partnership deals with brands such as Victor Private Jet and Virtuoso Experiences.

The new GC benefits include:
  • Multiple Room Earning: Now GC members can earn GC Award Points on up to three rooms when travelling with family members or business associates and booking rooms at a qualifying rate.
  • Earn With Redemption Nights: Members are eligible to earn a qualifying night and stay toward their GC status when redeeming a free night using GC Award Points.
  • Rollover Nights: Jade and Diamond members can now accumulate surplus qualifying nights to use for status renewal or membership upgrade. These may be carried forward for the following membership year only.
  • Buy or Gift Points: Members can top up their balance or gift points to others. Points are sold in 100 point increments at US$13 per 100 points; members can purchase up to 6,000 GC Award Points in a calendar year.
  • Instant Dining Awards: Fully launched in December, the programme enables GC members to dine out on GC Award Points at all managed restaurants and outlets in the over 95 Shangri-La, Kerry, Hotel Jen and Traders hotels and resorts worldwide

In addition to the new benefits, from 1 April to 30 June 2016, GC members will receive double points when dining at participating restaurants at Shangri-La, Hotel Jen, Kerry Hotels and Traders Hotels Monday through Friday. Members must register for the promotion in advance.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:47 am

Has anyone ever been able to match to Golden Circle Diamond from other programmes?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Has anyone ever been able to match to Golden Circle Diamond from other programmes?
Free with Amex centurion.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:27 am

Does anyone know if Shangri La Golden Circle benefits apply to third-party bookings or if the booking has to be made directly with Shangri La?

I know you won't receive GC points on the accommodation but what about Horizon Club access etc?

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by paul00
'3 Nights for the Price of 2 + Free Breakfast' Promotion for Visa Infinite, Signature and Platinum card holders

Visa Infinite/Signature/Platinum card holders can stay 3 nights for the price of 2 (based on the 'Best Available Rate') and also receive free breakfast when booking a Horizon Club room or a suite at the following Shangri-la hotels:
  • Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
  • Makati Shangri-La Manila
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
  • Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Chiangmai
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai

(If you book a stay of more than 3 nights, you will receive 1 night free)

Visa Infinite/Signature/Platinum card holders can stay 4 nights for the price of 3 (based on the 'Best Available Rate') and also receive free breakfast when booking a Horizon Club room or a suite at the following Shangri-la hotels:
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Paris
  • Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu
  • Shangri-La Hotel, Ulaanbaatar
  • Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu
  • Shangri-La at The Shard, London

(If you book a stay of more than 4 nights, you will receive 1 night free)

Offer valid for stays until 31 December 2016.

To book, use promo code CNVISA on the Shangri-la website.

For more information and the T&Cs, visit www.shangri-la.com/CNVISACN (available in Chinese only). Note that the T&Cs do not state that the promotion is limited to Visa Infinite/Signature/Platinum cards issued in China only. According to the T&Cs, all Visa Inifinite/Signature/Platinum card holders are eligible for the promotion.

T&C clause 9 suggests that a China Visa must be presented at check-in:

9. Cardholders must present any Visa China (Platinum, Signature or Infinite) credit card upon check-in to confirm eligibility of the promotional benefits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.