Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
And how long do Shangri-La points transfers take? I've been waiting for almost two weeks for a transfer to Aeroplan.
Not sure about Aeroplan but I've done a few Golden Circle -> CX transfers before and they usually take a few WEEKs.

As I was participating in a transfer bonus, I wasn't really in a rush for the miles to be credited so I didn't bother chasing it up hence I'm not entirely sure whether calling would've accelerated the transfers.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Originally Posted by mitwg
Not sure about Aeroplan but I've done a few Golden Circle -> CX transfers before and they usually take a few WEEKs.

As I was participating in a transfer bonus, I wasn't really in a rush for the miles to be credited so I didn't bother chasing it up hence I'm not entirely sure whether calling would've accelerated the transfers.
Thank you for the reply. I guess I'll be patient and wait.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Just to follow up - the points transferred in 18 calendar days.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:42 pm

Is there any way to combine GC points or transfer between accounts?

I have 563 that I meant to put towards United but forgot to request it at check-in. I rarely stay at Shangri-La properties and doubt I'll be earning additional points before they expire next December. I was hoping to take advantage of the 25% transfer bonus to airlines but I need a minimum of 2,500 points. Are these essentially useless to me short of booking more stays?

Curiously, my room rate was 68,000 JPY on the last stay which, I would assume, translates to more than 563 (certainly in USD) - how are GC points calculated?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
Originally Posted by OliverB
How are GC points calculated?
Per US$ spent as far as I'm aware and at today's exchange rate is $553, which would equal 553GC rather than the 563 you got. I have a feeling it's correct.

As far as transferring they're lost points as I understand it but you could call them and see what they say.

-------

In other news, just made Golden Circle Diamond, thank you Shangri-La Paris! It was rather easy to hit looking back, I can't believe that it's only 25 stays to Diamond. I lost my SPG status in the process...
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:13 pm

How do Food and Beverage redemptions work for people in your redemption nominee group? I have redeemed a voucher for my son for his next visit to London, but the voucher only mentions the member's name (mine) and there was no point to select you nominee during the redemption process.

I see that the terms say: A Member or Nominee must validate the redeemed Non-Room Award in exchange for a Golden Circle redemption voucher in person by presenting proof of identity document at the Business Centre prior to the service being used.

Does this mean he will be fine even though I won't be there in person to validate it?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by FormalHall
How do Food and Beverage redemptions work for people in your redemption nominee group? I have redeemed a voucher for my son for his next visit to London, but the voucher only mentions the member's name (mine) and there was no point to select you nominee during the redemption process.

I see that the terms say: A Member or Nominee must validate the redeemed Non-Room Award in exchange for a Golden Circle redemption voucher in person by presenting proof of identity document at the Business Centre prior to the service being used.

Does this mean he will be fine even though I won't be there in person to validate it?
Just on the way back from London after having enjoyed my father on laws largesse at ting last night mrs yorkieflyer was the nominee on his account and we simply presented the email at hotel reception who then after presumably checking it in the back office issues the voucher. She had her dvlc photo card in case id was requested, but it wasn't.as long as a nominee is on the account that seems fine.the nominee name wasn't on the email
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:02 pm

I've just gotten GC Jade via Amex Plat. Wondering is SL/Jen properties offer the Jade benefits on rates booked via TAs and 3rd-party websites?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 4:21 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
GC benefits

Originally Posted by milehighj
I've just gotten GC Jade via Amex Plat. Wondering is SL/Jen properties offer the Jade benefits on rates booked via TAs and 3rd-party websites?
You should not have any issues.....
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by JRK
You should not have any issues.....
have not had issues with getting my jade benefits on OTA rates
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: China Air Emerald, Skyteam Elite Plus, SPG Platinum
hey milehighj,

can you share how you got Jade from Amex Platinum? I'm heading to asia and debating staying at Shangri-La Chiang mai.

Thanks

Superbox
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: China Air Emerald, Skyteam Elite Plus, SPG Platinum
main reason is i read the press release giving GC Jade but when i called AMEX they had no knowledge of this program. I was wondering if perhaps it is for AMEX platinum of a certain country?

thanks
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by milehighj
If you find a better rate on an OTA compared to the one on the Shangri-la website, perhaps you can consider phoning the reservations department of the hotel directly (not the Shangri-la centralised reservations line) and ask if they can match/better the price that you found on the OTA?

Recently, I was looking to stay at the Shangri-la Qingdao and found a much better rate on an OTA. I phoned the Shangri-la Qingdao reservations department and they were happy to match the OTA rate. Since it was a booking made directly with Shangri-la Qingdao, I was able to earn Golden Circle points

Shangri-la has a Best Rate Guarantee (http://www.shangri-la.com/hongkong/i...ate-guarantee/). If, within 24 hours of making a booking on the Shangri-la website at the lowest rate, you find a cheaper rate on an OTA, Shangri-la will match the lower OTA rate and give a further 10% discount. However, the BRG only covers 'room only' rates - rates which include breakfast/meals etc are excluded. It was for this reason that I phoned the hotel directly to ask if they could match the lower OTA rate which I had found as this rate included breakfast (and was actually cheaper than the lowest 'room only' rate on the Shangri-la website!). Also, phoning the hotel directly enables you to find out instantly if the hotel is willing to match the OTA price and removes the uncertainty of Shangri-la possibly denying your BRG claim.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:44 am

'Anniversary Extravaganza' promotion

Shangri-la Golden Circle is currently running an 'Anniversary Extravaganza' promotion.

Until 30 September 2015, after registering for the promotion at http://www.anniversary-extravaganza-shangri-la.com/en/, you can receive:

* Double points
* Double tier nights

In addition, new members can earn 500 points after their first stay.

Members who stay at 3 or 4 Shangri-la hotels between 1 July and 30 September 2015 will receive 1000 bonus points 4-6 weeks after 30 September 2015. Members who stay at 5 or more Shangri-la hotels during the same period will receive 5000 bonus points within the same timeframe.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:58 am

'Less is More' promotion

From now until 31 October 2015, when you use your Golden Circle points to redeem an upgrade to a club room or suite, you will receive a 50% points discount.

The following hotels are excluded from this promotion: Shangri-La Hotel, Beihai; Shangri-La Hotel, Xian; Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London; Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives; Shangri-La Hotel, Paris; Golden Sands Resort, Penang; Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Penang; Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort& Spa and Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo.

For details, see http://less-is-more.shangri-la.com/e...nhanced-escape

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.