Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

UX-Air Europa Santo Domingo-Madrid on 6/16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium

I’m trying to get two of us from SDQ-MAD on a non-stop Tuesday night with a business meeting on Wednesday. Do you know of any consolidator fares for C or Y? Tickets are $899 & $1931 each. Ugh!

Can any carrier I can transfer SPG points to get me an award ticket?

They are flying a 767 at 9:30PM, and a A330 at 7:55PM. In C will I note a big difference? How about Y?

If I can get three open seats in coach, I’d fly coach. But I can’t find anyway to see the seatmap until after I commit to purchase. By then it is to late. Is there any way to see my chances of getting each coach flyer in three open seats?

If I credit my miles to Delta, will I get MQM?

Any other ideas?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I'm sorry I just now saw this, and hope you made it to your meeting OK.

To answer a few of the questions for future searchers:

- C on the UX long-haul planes is quite nice with angled flat beds similar to those of AF and a good Panasonic IFE system with big screen.
- Y no idea, never seen it.
- You get full mileage and EQMs in DL's FFP
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium
The trip went off without a hitch in C with empty seats next to each of us. We weren't able to find any discount fares. In fact, Expedia charged us $20 over retail each even though they are supposed to be no-fee, and they also charged $20 to issue a ticket that I couldn't get to issue, but they could with the exact same information. The AirEuropa site wouldn't sell us tickets, apparently due to the late date. I still don't know anything about coach seating. And we flew the A330 based on old comments here, but still would like to know how their A330 compares to their 767 in both C and Y.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I believe the 767 is a charter configuration, but not sure. If so, you dodged a bullet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.