Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair - online check in, advice wanted...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

..I only ever travel with hand luggage, so has never affected me.

My fiancee is coming over with a suitcase (from Dublin to East Midlands) has anyone done the same sort of thing, I'm curious as to how she checks in the suitcase at the airport, that's all - obviously prints the boarding passes off at home, but it's the case that concerns me, how/where does she check that in?

I know it may seem a stupid question, but all help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

KandH
Old Jun 1, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA
I think it's just similar to baggage drops for most airlines. One checks in online, then hands baggage in to the clerk at the baggage drop desk.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

thanks, I did wonder whether they'd all collaborated and do it elsewhere (as I'd do was I running it) - but thanks again, appreciated
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:58 pm

check in is same

The check in should be no different than it is without a ticket in hand. But easier because the boarding pass is printed!

Diane
Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by KandH
..I only ever travel with hand luggage, so has never affected me.

My fiancee is coming over with a suitcase (from Dublin to East Midlands) has anyone done the same sort of thing, I'm curious as to how she checks in the suitcase at the airport, that's all - obviously prints the boarding passes off at home, but it's the case that concerns me, how/where does she check that in?

I know it may seem a stupid question, but all help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

KandH
Make sure she has purchased the luggage option online before going to the airport - otherwise Mr O'Reilly will do some serious gouging
Old Jun 2, 2009, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farci
Make sure she has purchased the luggage option online before going to the airport - otherwise Mr O'Reilly will do some serious gouging

Aint that the truth - do you know if she just checks the case in as normal (so on the ryanair check in desk)

I can see a few airlines collaborating on this one, in the future, so a generic check in - just wondering if that was the case (pun intended) now

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2009, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by devil.mom
The check in should be no different than it is without a ticket in hand. But easier because the boarding pass is printed!

Diane
Whoops, thanks Diane, for some obscure reason, I didn't see your message - hence the question just above. I've passed the information onto H - thanks again
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by KandH
Aint that the truth - do you know if she just checks the case in as normal (so on the ryanair check in desk)

I can see a few airlines collaborating on this one, in the future, so a generic check in - just wondering if that was the case (pun intended) now

Thanks
To be fair to Ryanair (I know! I know!) the new system works pretty well. If you have hold baggage just go to the normal Ryanair counter and check it. Because those with hand baggage can now bypass check in the queues are much shorter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.