Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Help - Ryanair Online check-in and baggage???!!!

Old May 17, 2009, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...

Hi,

I checked-in my Ryanair flight from France to the UK last week but just realised that I cannot bring the wine in my hand baggage.

Can I still check in hold baggage at the airport? And how much this will cost???

Many thanks!!!
Old May 18, 2009, 12:30 am

Yes you can - but it'll be cheaper to drink the wine and buy another bottle in the UK.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES
Old May 18, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by youfly
Hi,
I checked-in my Ryanair flight from France to the UK last week but just realised that I cannot bring the wine in my hand baggage.

Can I still check in hold baggage at the airport? And how much this will cost??

Many thanks!!!
The small print says:

"Once a passenger has checked in online other services such as adding a bag, priority boarding, sports equipment etc. cannot be completed online and must be added at the airport or via a call centre)."

So it looks like it will cost you Ł20/€20 to check your bag in!
Old May 20, 2009, 6:36 am
Suspended

pay your money and take your chance
Old May 25, 2009, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by youfly
Hi,

Can I still check in hold baggage at the airport? And how much this will cost???

Many thanks!!!
You can carry wine in your hand baggage bought at the airport duty free shop (but you'll have to pack it within your hand baggage).
Old May 29, 2009, 3:59 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Buy some more wine (a crate, preferably) and have it shipped to your house. That avoids all the nasty Ryanair fees and won't probably cost that much either.

That is unless the UK has some ridiculous customs rules regarding shipping/sending alcohol via mail from aboard (hey, I'm a Finn and know what stupid governments are capable of!).
Old May 29, 2009, 5:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
That is unless the UK has some ridiculous customs rules regarding shipping/sending alcohol via mail from aboard (hey, I'm a Finn and know what stupid governments are capable of!).
We don't (as long as you're not planning to sell it on, in which case you need a license).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.