Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TAP lounge at LIS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
New TAP lounge at LIS

Nice lounge! Just opened 22 December (typing this from the lounge). *G has access....four large projection TVs that show against an angled portion of the top of one wall in the upper deck, including a really cool departures board. Lots of glass walls, plenty of seating, nice selection of snacks and drinks, five computers with internet access.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Nice lounge! Just opened 22 December (typing this from the lounge). *G has access....four large projection TVs that show against an angled portion of the top of one wall in the upper deck, including a really cool departures board. Lots of glass walls, plenty of seating, nice selection of snacks and drinks, five computers with internet access.
Thanks for the update! I love Lisbon as a city ... my brother used to work there, so visited several times ... and always had fun. Looking to get back for a mini break.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:30 am
Suspended

Over heated, I'm sure? 25 degrees?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Very nice lounge indeed. I ate, I drank, I may even have been merry.

All while down below they were consigning my luggage to the twilight zone
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
It's like enterying a UFO!

I almost had an out of body experience! As you walk in, the low level bluish light must resemble walking into a UFO. I'll let you know for sure when I finally walk into a UFO Inside the extra large screens are interesting... The jury is still out on whether they will get annyoing with time or not.

The food was good, however, I can do without the lime-green-yellowish colours that appear to be popping up everywhere, including the uniforms. It's obviously an attempt by TAPs Brazilian management to make themselves less homesick at the expense of Portuguese traditions.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this lounge accessible to Priority Pass? I notice on the PP site that the Lisbon lounge and Blue lounge are PP-lounges, and have never heard of those before.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Am at LIS now and am quite surprised at the nice spread in the Lisbon Lounge...plenty of sandwiches and packaged cookies, crackers, nuts, chocolates...cheese, bottled yogurt drinks, wine/beer, everything! Only two cable Internet cords in the back are free, everything else is pay wifi (unless using their own lounge computers of course)
Old Feb 20, 2009, 3:24 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Good to know TAP improved its LIS lounge.

Rgs,
Old Feb 20, 2009, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hardiwv
Good to know TAP improved its LIS lounge.

Rgs,
Yes, TAP has renovated their main lounge, but I was referring to the independent lounge named LISBON LOUNGE, it is used by US Airways and Priority Pass to name a few. It's quite nice, head to the left immediately after reception for the two free cable cords to connect to the Internet or use one of their laptops for free. It's a lot better than the PP Blue Lounge which only has their own computers to use.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Yes, TAP has renovated their main lounge, but I was referring to the independent lounge named LISBON LOUNGE, it is used by US Airways and Priority Pass to name a few. It's quite nice, head to the left immediately after reception for the two free cable cords to connect to the Internet or use one of their laptops for free. It's a lot better than the PP Blue Lounge which only has their own computers to use.
I like the Blue Lounge better. Food is much better, never had a problem getting onto any of the lounge computers for internet access.

The new TAP Lounge is the best at that airport now, though.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by fedupwithAC
I almost had an out of body experience! As you walk in, the low level bluish light must resemble walking into a UFO. I'll let you know for sure when I finally walk into a UFO Inside the extra large screens are interesting... The jury is still out on whether they will get annyoing with time or not.
This jury loved the lounge. Setting the screens against the blissful absence of TV sound, we give it a ^^. The PC all seemed to work, but it's early days ...

The generous use of mirrors makes a poky internal set-up feel welcoming and spacious. That will work as long as user numbers are low.

My visit was on a public holiday, so i have no idea how jammed the place will get in the morning rush-hour: the STAR alternative lounge next door is a good alternative.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Mar 1, 2009 at 4:52 am
Old Feb 28, 2009, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I like the Blue Lounge better. Food is much better, never had a problem getting onto any of the lounge computers for internet access.

The new TAP Lounge is the best at that airport now, though.
Didnt see any food in the Blue Lounge other than some cheap finger sandwiches, nuts, yogurt, cookies, pastries. Lisbon lounge had heartier baguette sandwiches, more options plus olives, pastries, lots of packaged nuts/crackers/cookies, candy, fruit.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Didnt see any food in the Blue Lounge other than some cheap finger sandwiches, nuts, yogurt, cookies, pastries. Lisbon lounge had heartier baguette sandwiches, more options plus olives, pastries, lots of packaged nuts/crackers/cookies, candy, fruit.
I've never seen sandwiches in the Lisbon lounge. Only the pre-packaged stuff which is like eating from a vending machine.

By contrast, the Blue Lounge usually has the items you mentioned plus cheese platters. None of it is in vending machine packs.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps I am confusing the names, but the lounge next to the TAP lounge (or closest to it at LIS) has marvelous baguette style sandwiches. Visited it twice this past month...even has bread on its own should one care to make their own type of sandwich.
Old May 15, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P RCC, COGold, Hotels, Car Rentals +
I've pulled up this Other Euro FF Programs to post about the *A lounge at Lisbon but having read this thread I'm a bit confused. On 3/18/09 I was C on TAP with an FNC-LIS-ZRH itinerary and at LIS sought out the *A (TAP) lounge. What a ZEN-like experience. The lighting and bamboo trees set the scene as did the partially closed off quiet area opposite the desk and well-stocked food and beverage buffet - a complete contrast to the hub-bub outside. The upper level with the screen were definitely UFO-like and the public computers came in handy during my short visit there.

Kept thinking...in fact, still do...why can't the UA's RCC's be tailored and stocked like that?????

My confusion, and perhaps I wasn't there long enough, is I don't recall seeing signs for a Blue Lounge or Lisbon Lounge. Are they nearby?

Thx,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.