Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Olympic Airlines - Around in March 2009?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Need some advice. Planning to fly Olympic Airlines late March/early April between Madrid to Athens. (Inbound into Madrid on Delta from USA, outbound from Athens to USA on Delta).

Will they be in business as per EU regulations? Lots of speculation about them reorganizing and emerging as a leaner airline.

Reason I want to fly them is that they are really cheap ($152 Madrid -Athens one way) and only non-stop serving that sector. Other ailrines are at least $400 (KLM et al) They are after all Greece's national airline not some really low budget like Ryanair.

Can anyone confirm if they will still be in business or honor their bookings? of course I will book via CC and use an online agency like Expedia (extra insurance).

Please help
Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:53 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk kalstravels !

Not really sure this is a Budget Travel topic, and we do have a forum for Other European Airlines, so I'm moving the thread there.

EmailKid
Budget Travel Moderator
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Not sure if anyone can confirm it will be, or won't be, around . I certainly hope it will be, and given the way its life has been extended by its loving parent, I expect it will.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes they will be. Also check out Vueling from BCN (there are lots of cheap flights MAD-BCN)...they have some pretty amazing fares (starting at 50 euros all-in).
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:53 am

Having flown both Olympic and Aegean, I was much more impressed with the service of the latter. I wonder if they fly that route.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carolinian
Having flown both Olympic and Aegean, I was much more impressed with the service of the latter. I wonder if they fly that route.
They don't. Aegean still remains a predominantly regional airline. It was not until this year that they started flights to LON and PAR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.