Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Baggage Allowance and Cabin Baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ryanair Baggage Allowance and Cabin Baggage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 5:10 pm

If it fits into a box 55x40x20cm and weighs less than 10kg then Ryanair will accept it as hand luggage.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 5:23 am

I'd recommend just taking hand luggage (if you're going somewhere hot, and for no more than a week).

It's what I'm doing because it's cheaper and seemingly, less stressful!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Lousie
I'd recommend just taking hand luggage (if you're going somewhere hot, and for no more than a week).

It's what I'm doing because it's cheaper and seemingly, less stressful!
If someone is going to a wedding, and taking a suit in a suit carrier, then that's their allowance and they can't carry on anything else.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
If someone is going to a wedding, and taking a suit in a suit carrier, then that's their allowance and they can't carry on anything else.
Don't fly Ryanair then - pick an airline that has a decent allowance
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by alanR
Don't fly Ryanair then - pick an airline that has a decent allowance
In case this wasn't clear, I was responding to QatarNor (who was enquiring about taking a suit as his ONLY carry-on item) and Lousie (who suggested that he carries on everything - which of course he can't on this occasion)
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
Apologies, I didn't realise this was the case. I obviously didn't read everything properly
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:27 am

Enforcing Weight Limits for Carry-ons (LBC)

Thought I'd add to this thread rather than start a new one just to post this one piece of information...:

I discovered this morning that Ryanair now systematically weigh every piece of carry-on baggage for flights departing from LBC (Lübeck, Germany). They have installed a permanent checkpoint just before security where they check boarding passes and weigh baggage - you can't get past the checkpoint without putting your baggage on the scales.

I don't know if this is airport specific or if they've started doing it elsewhere.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
They have a weigh-station at the entrance to their pier at STN, although due to the volume of pax not everyone is checked.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:44 am

I flew Ryanair from East Midlands and they didn't weigh any of the hand-luggage. They only made a couple of people place theirs in the basket thingy too.

I think they only pick on you if your bag looks unusually large or heavy. They seem to know what will and won't fit in the basket thingys so most people will be ignored.

Was a bit annoyed they didn't weight any of the bags though; I took all my books out my bag after a big panic that it would weight too much, only had a couple of magazines to read on holiday!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Lousie
I think they only pick on you if your bag looks unusually large or heavy. They seem to know what will and won't fit in the basket thingys so most people will be ignored.
I can attest to that. I'm pretty small, so everything looks unwieldy when I'm handling it, and they stop me every time. They don't weigh my bags though - the security guard just asks for my bag, feels the weight, then lets me move on when they realise it's actually pretty light.

I used to prefer Easyjet, but they're getting a lot stricter these days too. They don't care about the weight, but they are really hot on the "one bad per person" thing, and recently decided that laptop bags count as bags (for several years my husband would get away with a rucksack + a small laptop bag, but not any more).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.