Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Can anyone tell me how and when seats are assigned on Meridiana Air?

Can anyone tell me how and when seats are assigned on Meridiana Air?

Old May 1, 2008, 9:23 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question Can anyone tell me how and when seats are assigned on Meridiana Air?

We are about to make a reservation and wondered if seats can be assigned in advance.... and how it is done?

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I would be careful using them. We had booked a flight with them from Florence to Prague in May, about a month ago and then received notice this week the flight has been canceled for our day of travel. To try and get the refund has proved difficult at best. Had to end up booking through Brussels air at an additional $300 a ticket.
Old May 2, 2008, 3:12 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fagin
I would be careful using them. We had booked a flight with them from Florence to Prague in May, about a month ago and then received notice this week the flight has been canceled for our day of travel. To try and get the refund has proved difficult at best. Had to end up booking through Brussels air at an additional $300 a ticket.
At least they gave you notice it was canceled which is more than I can say for some of the major airlines......
Old May 4, 2008, 7:47 am
Community Director Emerita

I've moved this from the Italy forum into the Other European Airlines forum, as the question is about an air carrier. I hope that the OP will receive more help here.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator
Old May 4, 2008, 10:48 am

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Hello,
Not sure since I've not been flying Meridiana for a while, but I think you can only choose your seat when you check in on line.
Old May 5, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: A3 *Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Alice11
Hello,
Not sure since I've not been flying Meridiana for a while, but I think you can only choose your seat when you check in on line.
Definitely a good idea to check-in online and grab a seat. The other day, despite a check-in sequence number of 10 and the agent asking me whether I preferred an aisle or window seat, I was allocated seat 36F on one of their MD-80s. Lack of familiarity with the seat layout onboard failed to ring the alarm bells - this is the back row of the plane (no window) next to the engines and no recline

m.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.