Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet airways now partner in Brussels airlines Privelege

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR platinum

it's now official Jet airways is a partner in the Privelege program

earning miles :

Eligible Flights All regularly scheduled Jet Airways flights (9W) operated by Jet Airways (9W)

Eligible booking classes Economy Class 50%:Q S L N
Economy Class 100%:Y M T U
Business Class 150%:C J Z I
First Class 200%:F A

Class factors Economy Class 50%:0,50
Economy Class 100%:1
Business Class 150%:1,5
First Class 200%: 2

Spending miles:
Economy Business

Europe 1/2 to
India & Central Asia 90 000 120 000

India domestic 25 000 30 000
Old Sep 29, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
-No base miles for 9W flights
-No awards on 9W flights to North America/Canada
-No awards in F on 9W
-Brussels Airlines call center unable to book specific seat numbers on 9W
-Brussels Airlines call center unable to book flights to Kathmandu on 9W

Also be noted if you are travelling on 9W and ticket on 9W
-no more business class on Brussels Airlines - you will be downgraded in Economy although your ticket might be in C/D on the leg operated by Brussels Airlines
-Brussels Airlines has currently huge problems such as lack of pilots, lack of aircrafts, flights cancellations every day.

Lot of people hope that 9W will take over where Sabena left because Brussels Airlines is going right into the wall.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 1:38 pm

Programs: SNBA Privilege Blue, FB Ivory, M&M basic
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
-No base miles for 9W flights
-No awards in F on 9W
-Brussels Airlines call center unable to book specific seat numbers on 9W
-Brussels Airlines call center unable to book flights to Kathmandu on 9W

Also be noted if you are travelling on 9W and ticket on 9W
-no more business class on Brussels Airlines - you will be downgraded in Economy although your ticket might be in C/D on the leg operated by Brussels Airlines
-Brussels Airlines has currently huge problems such as lack of pilots, lack of aircrafts, flights cancellations every day.

Lot of people hope that 9W will take over where Sabena left because Brussels Airlines is going right into the wall.
Interesting to read the facts here: especially dissapointing there are no club level miles.

But the statement that Bru Air is going into the wall is a bit over the top and off topic.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
How odd! I guess AA intervened?

(and to nitpick: Canada is part of North America, no reason to list it separately)

SmilingBoy.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 3:40 am

As there is no codesharing on YYZ with AA, Canada could have been the exception where you could redeem a Privilege award on 9W.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 9:37 am
Original Poster

As Ducatibiker stated that no other awards are possible i asked in an email to The Privelege Servie Center and got the reply that " Uw kunt geschenktickets boeken op alle vluchten die gevlogen worden door Jet Airways. Codeshare en charter vluchten van Jet Airways helaas niet."

Translated: Awards can be booked on all flights operated by Jet Airways, except charter flights and codeshares (flights not operated by 9W metal)

So your statement is not correct, the more i could book an award to Singapore in Business Class.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by beepee
As Ducatibiker stated that no other awards are possible i asked in an email to The Privelege Servie Center and got the reply that " Uw kunt geschenktickets boeken op alle vluchten die gevlogen worden door Jet Airways. Codeshare en charter vluchten van Jet Airways helaas niet."

Translated: Awards can be booked on all flights operated by Jet Airways, except charter flights and codeshares (flights not operated by 9W metal)

So your statement is not correct, the more i could book an award to Singapore in Business Class.
Flight to North America operated by 9W
We are talking about flights operated to North America by 9W.
Your first message is detailing the awards from Europe to India and Central Asia.
There is no award chart for the North America -exactly my point.
The flight to YYZ is operated by 9W

Communication by the Privilege Center
I call the Privilege center with 3 questions:
*Why can't I buy a ticket between BRU and YYZ in C on Brussels Airlines web site
*How many points do I need for an award between India and US
*Can I book an award between BRU and LAX, BRU and JFK, BRU and YYZ

The answers I received after two days was 'no' to all of the above points

Reserving specific seats not available !
I then try to book a ticket between BRU and GOA in C. I got an answer but as I was told by phone 'the system does not allow to book a specific seat - you will have to chose at the airport "

Forget it ! I am not going to wait the last minute for a seating choice. 120K miles is not a small amount and the service I received from Privilege is just deplorable.

So, if awards are available like you were told, how many miles for an award between BRU and YYZ ?
Now your mail shows that the information I received might even not be accurate according to you and the message you received.
If the Privilege desk wrote you otherwise - how many miles do you need for a ticket to Toronto ? Flight is operated by Jet Airways between BRU and YYZ
Flights 9W 226 and 9W 225.) I don’t see anything on Brussels Airlines web site which seems to confirm that Privilege is not offering awards to North America on 9W.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Ducati,

I once again asked by e-mail the required miles for an award for North America:

The answer: "En een vlucht van Europa naar Noord-Amerika komt neer op 60.000 mijlen in economy en 90.000 mijlen in business"

So 60,000 in economy, 90,000 Europe - North America. So the same required miles as the other partners (British Airways exluded 80,000 & 135,000)

Awards for India & Central Asia are lower than the standard award chart (110,00 & 140,000) Only 90,000 & 120,000 on Jet Airways flights..

As for seat allocation maybe this will change in the future, i called Jet Airways and got my seat confirmed by them

I agree its a bit confusing on the privelege website... as the Jet airways logo is not marked above the standard award chart, and only the awards to India & Central Asia are mentioned..

BTW my award to singapore is 120,000 miles
Old Oct 2, 2007, 6:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by beepee
How many miles to SIN?

I was planning to go to BKK in business using my SN miles with AY, but now 9W is another option. Although the connection in the middle of the night is less convenient than at HEL.

SmilingBoy.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 8:47 am
Original Poster

duplicate...
Old Oct 21, 2007, 7:40 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Any idea where miles from a Brussels Airline code share on Jet metal can be collected? Any options other than Jet & Brussels?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 2:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
How many miles to SIN?

I was planning to go to BKK in business using my SN miles with AY, but now 9W is another option.
I could give you that rate using 9w miles, but I guess it is not relevant to this discussion!

I just got Jet to reduce their Y awards to SQ levels, after complaining multiple times, comparing their rates to SQ's award rates! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.