Wiki Posts
Search

SN Brussels Airlines Gates at BRU

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-BA Silver; Ex-UA Premier
SN Brussels Airlines Gates at BRU

I may be flying from VIE in the morning via SN and connecting at BRU to AA back to the States. I know the AA flights arrive at and depart from the very last gates on the B concourse. But it has been many years since I flew to/from BRU except on AA and I go back to the days when they used the old circular A terminal. I have seen from the planes much construction since the B concourse opened.

At what gates do the SN flights arrive at BRU? Will it involve another security check or are all gates airside from security? This is important to me affecting whether I check bags and possibly leave VIE the evening before and overnight at the airport Sheraton.

I'm sorry to have to ask these questions on FT and was quite surprised and disappointed not to find the answers on the airport website, with which I was 'not impressed' (an understatement). Maybe I am a poor searcher, but I did not find a diagram of the terminal layout except the checkin hall. Nor does the arrivals and departures screen give the gate for flights. But I did like the nearby hotel list showing those with a free shuttle to the terminal. I wish more airports would give that information.

Ever since the 1980s, BRU has been my favorite European entry point and I set up and maintain a small "office/storage area" in Aachen because it was so convenient. During the period when the JFK-BRU flights were discontinued, I sometimes flew from LGA to ORD to fly AA to BRU rather than a connect thru LHR. Now the high speed train connections with London, France, Germany (always thru Aachen), Lux and NL make it even more attractive for my northwestern Europe business trips.

I hope SN joins the OW. As of now it is impossible to book SN connections via BRU using the aa.com website. And when I tried to book via the phone, the SN segment fares are higher than using the SN web booking. I guess this is a function of the b.light, or whatever, fares. In any case I plan to will book the SN flights directly. I lose the AA code share miles; but will get the greater aa.com booking miles for a 5 AA segment itin.

Long post to get an answer to the simple question, "at what gates do the SN flights arrive at BRU?". But will welcome any comments on the other points I mentioned.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:37 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by kappa
I may be flying from VIE in the morning via SN and connecting at BRU to AA back to the States. I know the AA flights arrive at and depart from the very last gates on the B concourse. But it has been many years since I flew to/from BRU except on AA and I go back to the days when they used the old circular A terminal. I have seen from the planes much construction since the B concourse opened.

At what gates do the SN flights arrive at BRU? Will it involve another security check or are all gates airside from security? This is important to me affecting whether I check bags and possibly leave VIE the evening before and overnight at the airport Sheraton.

I'm sorry to have to ask these questions on FT and was quite surprised and disappointed not to find the answers on the airport website, with which I was 'not impressed' (an understatement). Maybe I am a poor searcher, but I did not find a diagram of the terminal layout except the checkin hall. Nor does the arrivals and departures screen give the gate for flights. But I did like the nearby hotel list showing those with a free shuttle to the terminal. I wish more airports would give that information.

Ever since the 1980s, BRU has been my favorite European entry point and I set up and maintain a small "office/storage area" in Aachen because it was so convenient. During the period when the JFK-BRU flights were discontinued, I sometimes flew from LGA to ORD to fly AA to BRU rather than a connect thru LHR. Now the high speed train connections with London, France, Germany (always thru Aachen), Lux and NL make it even more attractive for my northwestern Europe business trips.

I hope SN joins the OW. As of now it is impossible to book SN connections via BRU using the aa.com website. And when I tried to book via the phone, the SN segment fares are higher than using the SN web booking. I guess this is a function of the b.light, or whatever, fares. In any case I plan to will book the SN flights directly. I lose the AA code share miles; but will get the greater aa.com booking miles for a 5 AA segment itin.

Long post to get an answer to the simple question, "at what gates do the SN flights arrive at BRU?". But will welcome any comments on the other points I mentioned.
-You will arrive at the Shengen Terminal and have to go to the B (non Shengen Terminal). Plan enough time, the walk could be long as you have to use the underground passage.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:40 am

Programs: SNBA Privilege Blue, FB Ivory, M&M basic
More information on the terminals can be downloaded here:

http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/con...ochures/210244

Since I live in Brussels I don't have any experience of connecting here at the airport. But do take your time as was said before as you have to pass through the long tunnel.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:07 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
and you will have to go through two security checks. One at the beginning of the concourse and the other at the end where the US flights leave from.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:52 am

Luckily they have now done away with the second security check. This means that the flights now leave from the beginning of the concorse - it also means that some shops have finally sprung up to serve departing US passengers. Big improvement now.

Originally Posted by bankops
and you will have to go through two security checks. One at the beginning of the concourse and the other at the end where the US flights leave from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.