Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair 2p returns fully inclusive for one day only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Ryanair 1p sale is on again today, click below for list of destinations from Stansted or scroll to the bottom of the page for flights available from other UK bases. When you click on the destination name the next page will tell you the fare rules. I've bagged a weekend in Stockholm for 2p and a day trip to Paris for the same

Ryanair 1p each way

Use their fare finder to search up to a 3 week window at once.

Last edited by wirefree; Jul 26, 2007 at 7:01 am Reason: new url
Old Jul 26, 2007, 6:49 am

Perfect for a couple of days in Europe for the Christmas markets. I hear Poland calling ...
Old Jul 26, 2007, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
LiarAir introduce flexible return policy shock horror! (Well, almost)

Book your flights as one-ways. Most qualifying outbound are Ł0.01 all in. Most return flights are €0.01 all in.

Where the frequency is more than once a day, book both/all and decide on the day which one to choose.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Can I offset my enormous carbon pawprint by booking a whole plane both there and back and then not turning up? Presumably they wouldn't then fly, thereby saving fuel equivalent to a few CW returns to Brazil that I'm planning on taking.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:50 am

This is not free, you have to either pay for a case at £10 each or with no suitcases you have to pay £4 for priority boarding and OLCI. Am I missing something or is this totally misleading?
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
This is not free, you have to either pay for a case at Ł10 each or with no suitcases you have to pay Ł4 for priority boarding and OLCI. Am I missing something or is this totally misleading?
You need to change bags to "0", and then the priority boarding fee pops up. Underneath this, a paragraph appears telling you to "click here" to remove. Hey presto, it's back to 1p again.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
This is not free, you have to either pay for a case at Ł10 each or with no suitcases you have to pay Ł4 for priority boarding and OLCI. Am I missing something or is this totally misleading?
Well, both perhaps. The LiarAir website is not designed for rational purchases, and you have to know the workaround.

1. Select the flights you want, making sure they fit into LiarAir's qualifying requirements, i.e. no Fridays or Sundays, part of Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays, OK on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

2. When inputting passenger names, if you don't want to check in baggage, the default is a requirement for advance check in. If you don't want this, you have to deselect by clicking on 'Remove' to get to Ł0.00. Similarly, the default is to buy insurance. If you don't want this, you have to select 'No Travel Insurance Required' to get to Ł0.00.

3. On this deal, the fees for payment are zero.

So, yes, they are Ł0.01 or €0.01 per flight, and I have made several purchases today. As the total for all is less than Ł1, I have earned no miles on them.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Aleks
Perfect for a couple of days in Europe for the Christmas markets. I hear Poland calling ...

Found the Xmas market in Krakow last year quite small and disappointing although Krakow itself is a wonderful place with lots to see and do.

Have heard that the markets in Nuremburg and Cologne are far bigger and offer a more diverse and interesting range of handicrafts and other goodies. My other half visited the Cologne Xmas market last December and brought back some delightful and unusual candles including one in an ornate wrought iron holder.

Personally, I wouldn’t touch Ryanair. Friends and colleagues have recounted some horror stories. When things go wrong – as they do with all airlines from time to time - they go horrifically wrong and you’re left stranded with little recompense. I'm sure others have had good experiences, but just don't want to chance it.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by mad_rich
You need to change bags to "0", and then the priority boarding fee pops up. Underneath this, a paragraph appears telling you to "click here" to remove. Hey presto, it's back to 1p again.
OK! It was me, I saw how to remove the insurance but not the priority fee Thanks for the tip, and to Roger Have sorted it now and am booking a few flights
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
booked a one way flight for 1p to "somewhere which is called Milan but really isnt" as a positioning flight for a possible ex-Milan PHX or LAX flight.

It seems that to get from "somewhere which is called Milan but really isn't" there is a train into Milan central and then getting to LIN at least is not too bad.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irmster
booked a one way flight for 1p to "somewhere which is called Milan but really isnt" as a positioning flight for a possible ex-Milan PHX or LAX flight.

It seems that to get from "somewhere which is called Milan but really isn't" there is a train into Milan central and then getting to LIN at least is not too bad.
and when the plane that should go to somewhere called Milan but really isn't doesn't go at all, does it...?
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
and when the plane that should go to somewhere called Milan but really isn't doesn't go at all, does it...?
spoil sport
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irmster
I've got to stick up for Bergamo... it's a fantastic little hilltop town thousands of years old. The airport is a 15 minute taxi ride from the old town.

I would definitely recommend 1 or 2 nights there!
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by roxanna
Found the Xmas market in Krakow last year quite small and disappointing although Krakow itself is a wonderful place with lots to see and do.
I'm Polish by ancestry and was thinking of killing two birds with one stone - getting some Christmas presents and visiting family. Even Ł10 each way to other Polish airports is good. I agree that Krakow is a fantastic city by day (and night )
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by wirefree
I've got to stick up for Bergamo... it's a fantastic little hilltop town thousands of years old. The airport is a 15 minute taxi ride from the old town.

I would definitely recommend 1 or 2 nights there!
Bergamo is indeed lovely. I had the best pizza of my life there FWIW. Do watch out for the Lega Nord who are big there and run the local bobbies amongst other things...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.