Ryanair passengers stranded in Spain

Old Jun 18, 07, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Ryanair passengers stranded in Spain

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/...cle1931806.ece

In short, the pilot dinged the plane on the airbridge as he was taxiing. So the plane was out of service, and the passengers were stuck, with little help from Ryanair.
Old Jun 18, 07, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Is this really news?
Isnt that what always happens with this "airline"?
Old Jun 18, 07, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta
I have only flown Ryanair once. I didn't expect anything more then a seat and that was all I got. No service and no smiles. In cases like this I think Ryanair should have sent a plane in to swap out equipment but with such a barebones operation I'm not surprised that they didn't, I wonder if they have the aircraft available without canceling other flights.
Old Jun 18, 07, 3:24 pm

Why doesn't this surprise me. This is just the way this "airline" is. No one should give any business to this joke of an airline unless really desperate. But then, if one pays less than a bus fare to local downtown, one should not expect more in terms of comfort and customer "care"
Old Jun 19, 07, 10:55 am

Oh not a smart move Mr O Reily - EU courts have been waiting for you to pull a stunt like that!! Remember they did threathen all airlines not following the Passenger rights thing with grounding or with drawal of landing rights!!
Old Jun 19, 07, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
Is this really news?
Isnt that what always happens with this "airline"?
indeed it is, we are not surprised at all
Old Jun 20, 07, 1:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Star Alliance Gold
I do not see why Ryanair should bear the costs for something which was not their fault... Obviously, as the Ryanair spokesperson pointed out, you do not reverse at an airport without assistance, so I would rather blame the person of the handling agent and not Ryanair.

Getting a plane out of London during the night is not as easy as well as night curfews might exist. Certainly, Ryanair tried to back out from paying compensation whenever they can, however, this situation is completely different and while I do see a chance for the passengers to take the handling agent and its insurance to court, I doubt that Ryanair will pay any compensation, if the story happened like stated in the article and response by FR.