Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

OT: Has easyJet changed their OLCI policy to Group A not C?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - GGL GFL

I was comparing flights to NCE on ba.com and easyJet and noticed that easy seem to have changed their OLCI policy to pig pen A rather than C.

See below:
You can now check-in for your flight online up to 60 days before you travel. Once you've booked your flights, simply log back in to My easyJet.com any time from up to 60 days before you travel and check-in online. When you get to the airport you can then go straight to security. If you check-in online you will automatically be assigned boarding group A.
That message appears on the flight selection page. However, when you move forward to the final price page, the message goes back to boarding group C. Also, couldn't see where you buy the speedy boarding option.

My real dilemma is that BA wants £205, AF £140 (from LCY) and EZY wants £70 per ticket in October.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:30 am

Programs: BA
So says their website...(my emphasis)

The aircraft is boarded in groups, starting with passengers who have purchased Speedy Boarding (boarding group SB), followed by passengers travelling with babies and young children (boarding group SA). Boarding will then continue with group ‘A’ boarding cards, and finally group B. Group A is reserved for passengers who have checked in online, and the first 30 people who check in at the airport. Remember that if you booked Speedy Boarding you must be at the gate no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of your flight or you’ll lose your place in the Speedy Boarding group.
Take a print out for use in case you encounter any difficulty... here's another bit of the website that says Group A is for OLCI.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:39 am

Programs: BA, BMI
Had the same dilemna and roughly the same cost difference. Went for Easyjet and regretted it on way back. Way out was fine LTN is well set up and speedy boarding works OK and check in Queues not to long.

On way back check in Queues horrendous, daft system of changing which desks are boarding which flights every 5 minutes, hours standing in line; usual announcements of 'could all passengers excpet those with speedy boarding remain seated' and predictable response everyone standing up and trying to board at the same time etc etc etc. My mate made a comment whilst we standing in the check in line which went roughly like this 'wish we had spent the extra 100 quid on BA instead of this sh!!te.

Your call!!

RT
Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by vSFU
My real dilemma is that BA wants £205, AF £140 (from LCY) and EZY wants £70 per ticket in October.
Since Easyjet have not yet granted me Silver status, so I have no access to their fabulous lounges and speedy check-in, it would be a no-brainer for me.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
Since Easyjet have not yet granted me Silver status, so I have no access to their fabulous lounges and speedy check-in, it would be a no-brainer for me.
No-brainer for me - Air France from City! Although I may live and work nearer to it than you!
Old Jun 12, 2007, 7:16 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
It ultimately depends where abouts in London or the south east you are heading for but on business LHR vs LCY is a pretty easy decision for me to make - LCY wins every time.

20 minute check-in, though security in a few minutes. Coming back, you're off the plane and out of the airport and in a cab/DLR in minutes.

Travelling on holiday, I'd take EasyJet and spend the money I saved on an upgraded hotel room.

Last edited by Ex Amex Card; Jun 12, 2007 at 7:27 am
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:02 am

It depends *where* in London you are going - LTN is not *that* inconvenient although if you have to check luggage etc no London airport is faster than LCY (luggage usually waiting for you!!). Going home I would almost always choose LCY as you really are just minutes from the DLR to the boarding gate.

Yes, Easyjet OLCI now gives you Group A (after Speedy Boarding and children). FWIW Speedy works well in EDI. YMMV at other locations although Easyjet.com does advise if you are likely to be bussed - in these cases Speedy means you get on the first bus!

OLCI on Easyjet is not guranteed though. My partner had a flight booked on Easyjet by a corporate travel agency and didn't therefore get the standard confirmation email. We could not for the life of us find OLCI on easyjet.com so she ended up Group B. I suspect the OLCI option is on the confirmation email.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
I work in W8 and live in NW3 - so getting to any airport is fairly easy. If going to LTN, it's a 30 mins drive (even with the roadworks).

Having flown EZY once in the past 12 months, I found the boarding and seating process the most annoying part of the journey. For some reason I wasn't able to buy speedy boarding. Though if they've made OLCI group A, I'm much less concerned esp. for a 2 hour flight.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I was comparing flights to NCE on ba.com and easyJet and noticed that easy seem to have changed their OLCI policy to pig pen A rather than C.
Yes, it's been that way for a while. Our STN-BFS weekly commuter noticed it a few weeks ago.

No dilemma for me, with those prices I'd normally opt for EZ. Except that my boss and I are going to Munich in a couple of days, he from STN with EZ (in A) and me from LCY with LH - no miles in BD DC or UA MP, only in LH M&M which for me is pointless. Anyway, we arrive at the same time though at different terminals. We will no doubt exchange experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.