Wiki Posts
Search

Web Site

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2000, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - Hilton
Web Site

Looking at the website for the Iberia fleet under A340. What do they call their most forward seats? Gran Class? Only 5 available?
Old Jul 17, 2000, 7:39 am

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Yes, Gran Classe is their 1st/Premium Class product. I believe they only offer 1 row configured 2-2-2.
Old Jul 17, 2000, 7:46 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
si - es la veridad: en Grande Classe se ofran
1 row configured 2-2-2

y qualqunes Tio Pepe también!
Old Jul 17, 2000, 9:21 am

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Muy bien Rudi!!
Old Jul 17, 2000, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - Hilton
Originally posted by Rudi:
si - es la veridad: en Grande Classe se ofran
1 row configured 2-2-2

y qualqunes Tio Pepe también!
Thanks, Rudi. My Spanish is weak; will you interpret?

The intent is to use award travel from LHR to MAD. We have never flown A340 and thought it might be the time to do it. We are crossing the pond in first class and were hoping subsequent segments would be, too. I think AA allows up to 6 segments on the award.

Did I read on one of the threads that you may be in Seattle this summer? My family and I may be relocating there by September.

Thanks again, Rudi!

P.S. You supplied great information about trains from Milan to Zurich; I searched the oneworld website for flights from ZRH-CDG and came up lacking. Better to travel by rail? Your advice is always spot-on. We thought we would forego the third night in London on the back of the trip as well as one in Zurich . My daughter wants to return to Paris.

Old Jul 17, 2000, 10:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I just confirmed the first class configuration and recommended, that instead of the usual champaign they also proudly offer a dry Sherry as welcome drink.

Flights ZRH-CDG: Swissair (you can earn AA miles) and their french daughter AOM and Air Fance fly directly. But as you only fly oneway I wouldn't bother and just take a direct rain from Zurich mainstation (use the same time-table-tool you did for your Milan - Zurich trip).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.