Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Is earlier flight stand-by available for Easyjet?

Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold

As title... but a note is my original flight is the first flight out of AMS of the day so I should be standby-ing the night before. That is if its possible...
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:57 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Even on American airlines, It is very difficult to standby on an earlier flight with a different date. Good luck -
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
(original message deleted as it relied on the copy in easyJet's full page press ad today - checking with easyjet.com produced a different answer! - see my post below)

Last edited by Roger; Aug 30, 2006 at 10:20 am Reason: found the right answer after all ...
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

i know.... but the fact that its a different date and also i cannot find anything relevant on the website. i shall call later...
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
My earlier post was wrong. Here's the info from easyjet.com:

If you arrive early at the airport for your flight home, you may transfer for free onto an earlier flight home on the same day as the flight originally booked, provided this flight has seats available and you transferring wont cause a delay.

Please make your way to the easyJet sales desk to request a free transfer to an earlier flight. The only stipulation is that you must have already made an outbound journey with easyJet and be returning to your original departure airport. For additional convenience if your original point of departure is a London airport, where available we will allow you to return to any London airport (i.e. Gatwick, Luton, or Stansted), which gives you extra flexibility if youre travelling home on public transport!

I'll amend the earlier post.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:36 am

See also:

http://flyertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580213
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

so no flexibility here... thx all
Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I am rather surprised (although in a pleasant manner!) that Easyjet offers standby without additional charge. It is a luxury not oft found amongst European carriers..
Old Sep 3, 2006, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by DangerMouse
I am rather surprised (although in a pleasant manner!) that Easyjet offers standby without additional charge. It is a luxury not oft found amongst European carriers..
I guess it makes good business sense as the majority of easyjet flights have several empty seats. The flight you give up can then be re-sold later in the day at potentially large profit.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:09 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stephann
I guess it makes good business sense as the majority of easyjet flights have several empty seats. The flight you give up can then be re-sold later in the day at potentially large profit.
Since when did airlines apply common sense to their day-to-day business practices? Wow!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 2:51 am

And for those folk who miss flights, Easyjet now charge a flat fee of 35 to transfer to a later flight to the same destination that day if you arrive at the airport within 2 hours after the scheduled departure time of your flight - and there are seats available
Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:37 am

They've done it form me

I've been a "frequent flyer" (pointless) on Easyjet between my home town and town of residence (both UK) for a number of years. Usually I book the flight I know I can definitely make according to my duties. Often I have turned up two or three hours earlier. In that case I ask the Easyjet enquiries desk (not the checkin - they're too busy) if they can transfer me to the currently loading flight. This has been done without extra charge two out of three times.

However, I never tried this overnight.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I have asked 3 times and got it 3 times they are usually pretty good and in another league compared to liarair

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.